littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Land border with Ukraine open?

Land border with Ukraine open?

Hi Everyone. I am currently in Krim and have a friend in "mainland" Ukraine who wants to visit me; they are not a resident of Krim so they don't have a Russian passport. My guess is the Ukrainian border guards will allow them to cross into Krim because they consider it still part of Ukraine. Will Russian border guards allow them to enter? If yes, will they need a PCR test? If no, doesn't anyone have any idea when the land border between Russia and Ukraine will reopen?

Quote Originally Posted by Malchik View Post
    Hi Everyone. I am currently in Krim and have a friend in "mainland" Ukraine who wants to visit me; they are not a resident of Krim so they don't have a Russian passport. My guess is the Ukrainian border guards will allow them to cross into Krim because they consider it still part of Ukraine. Will Russian border guards allow them to enter? If yes, will they need a PCR test? If no, doesn't anyone have any idea when the land border between Russia and Ukraine will reopen?
    Your friend can't simply the cross border into Crimea from Ukraine without permission from Ukrainian govt unless if he's a resident of Crimea. It'll be much easier for him to fly to Crimea from Russia as there is no border control.

Presently Ukraine is still closed to Russia due to covid so I would suggest to wait. Russian border control in Crimea will not allow him to enter with covid restrictions still in effect.
    Last edited by Remington; 20-06-2021 at 19:11.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Remington For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (20-06-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington View Post
    Your friend can't simply the cross border into Crimea from Ukraine without permission from Ukrainian govt unless if he's a resident of Crimea. It'll be much easier for him to fly to Crimea from Russia as there is no border control.

Presently Ukraine is still closed to Russia due to covid so I would suggest to wait. Russian border control in Crimea will not allow him to enter with covid restrictions still in effect.

What you say about needing permission is incorrect, you are thinking of the Donbas region in Eastern Ukraine. Ukrainians can enter Crimea without Ukrainian permission whether or not they are residents of Crimea. Unlike the Donbas region (where they do need permission) there's no military action between Ukraine and Crimea. My friend entered Crimea in Jan 2020 before COVID without any permission from Ukrainian authorities.

What is stopping them now is Russia's Covid rules. It's crazy they are letting football fans into Russia without a visa, but not Ukrainians.
    Last edited by Malchik; 20-06-2021 at 20:22.

What is stopping them now is Russia's Covid rules. It's crazy they are letting football fans into Russia without a visa, but not Ukrainians.[/QUOTE]

it is called politics...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....