littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Wave?

New Wave?

Two colleagues of mine have tested positive for COVID. Both had the Sputnik V jab. One is hospitalized, the other has no symptoms. They both work in an office full of people so mass testing of the company is going on. I've been working from home...remote in a real sense being in the Oblast, happily.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (16-06-2021), Suuryaa (16-06-2021)

Perhaps a new wave, or maybe the previous one has just reached your company. After all, even those people who received 2 doses of the vaccine are not 100% protected from infection.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SunnyLeslie For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (16-06-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyLeslie View Post
    Perhaps a new wave, or maybe the previous one has just reached your company. After all, even those people who received 2 doses of the vaccine are not 100% protected from infection.
    that is being made clear to everyone.NONE of those vaccine, never mind Pfizer,Moderna, Astrazeneca or Saturn V will give a 100% -safety-. Chances though to end up i nhospital after being vaccinated are slim. and there must be other,additional reasons to be searched for,WHY it happened. it would be nice to keep us informed about the outcome of your friend in hospital. no need to go into details. just to know what we should know. the facts. hope he will get well soon enough.and be able to walk out from the hospital.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

We don't know for sure that chances are slim -- that's just what we're being told. A doctor acquaintance of ours (head of major department in major St. Petersburg public hospital) tells us that LOTS of people in their covid wards had the vaccine. Same here, multiple immediate coworkers of my fiance (she's been working 100% remote thank goodness) have just recently gotten sick with it, one of whom we met with socially just a couple weeks ago (outdoors).

A US facebook contact of mine, a former respiratory therapist and covid care-giver, mentioned that there are many instances of severe clotting after receiving the vaccine coming into the hospitals, but that they do not get reported as such.
    "What we need, as the ancients understood, is not a politician who is a business man, but a king who is a philosopher." -- G.K. Chesterton

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogatyr For This Useful Post:

Suuryaa (16-06-2021)

The company I work for put three people in hospital with COVID, one vaccinated, two not. There was some difficulty in finding free space in Moscow because the hospitals are filling up. Point is, it is time for caution. I for one am avoiding bars and restaurants...only going to grocery stores for food. No other public places for now.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (16-06-2021), Bogatyr (16-06-2021), Judge (16-06-2021)

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    Two colleagues of mine have tested positive for COVID. Both had the Sputnik V jab. One is hospitalized, the other has no symptoms. They both work in an office full of people so mass testing of the company is going on. I've been working from home...remote in a real sense being in the Oblast, happily.
    Do you know when they took the vaccine?

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    that is being made clear to everyone.NONE of those vaccine, never mind Pfizer,Moderna, Astrazeneca or Saturn V will give a 100% -safety-. Chances though to end up i nhospital after being vaccinated are slim. and there must be other,additional reasons to be searched for,WHY it happened. it would be nice to keep us informed about the outcome of your friend in hospital. no need to go into details. just to know what we should know. the facts. hope he will get well soon enough.and be able to walk out from the hospital.
    Well, lots of vacxed people have caught the virus and it is being under reported.

Remember the soccer/football player that collapsed on the field a week back? Well, he posted on insta 12 days before that that he had been vaxxed.

A number of Yankee baseball players caught it after being vaxxed, bill Maher caught it, and and and. In fact, the vaers medical reporting system in the us is up to nearly 6k deaths from the vaxx and that doesn't include complications. There are lots of stories of people mocking so-called anti-vaxxers on social media and then dieing. Or just never reappearing again.

A great case of this was the nurse in Tennessee, one of the first public healthcare workers to be publicly vaxxed. She had an active social media page and then no posts after the vaxx and hasn't been seen. Officially, it has been announced that she wants her privacy. Butttttt

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to americaninmoscow For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (17-06-2021), Suuryaa (16-06-2021)

One was vaccinated in January 2020. I got the Sputnik V jab about the same time. Am thinking of getting my anti-bodies checked.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

Judge (16-06-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    Well, lots of vacxed people have caught the virus and it is being under reported.

Remember the soccer/football player that collapsed on the field a week back? Well, he posted on insta 12 days before that that he had been vaxxed.

A number of Yankee baseball players caught it after being vaxxed, bill Maher caught it, and and and. In fact, the vaers medical reporting system in the us is up to nearly 6k deaths from the vaxx and that doesn't include complications. There are lots of stories of people mocking so-called anti-vaxxers on social media and then dieing. Or just never reappearing again.

A great case of this was the nurse in Tennessee, one of the first public healthcare workers to be publicly vaxxed. She had an active social media page and then no posts after the vaxx and hasn't been seen. Officially, it has been announced that she wants her privacy. Butttttt
    Who ever said that any vaccine would stop you getting C-19?

Many still catch it, but the effects are much reduced and, therefore, survivable.
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

Quote Originally Posted by TolkoRaz View Post
    Who ever said that any vaccine would stop you getting C-19?

Many still catch it, but the effects are much reduced and, therefore, survivable.
    Well, in america the government tells you that it means you won't catch it and and and.

Don't just get the jab because the government tells you, check with your doctor first. The US government has been so irresponsible by telling everyone to just get it. You should always check with your doctor first. Same goes for the mayor of Moscow, he should know better. But the Sputnik V jab is different in that its a traditional vaccine and as I understand it the new follow up shot will take care of the Indian variety too.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    Don't just get the jab because the government tells you, check with your doctor first. The US government has been so irresponsible by telling everyone to just get it. You should always check with your doctor first. Same goes for the mayor of Moscow, he should know better. But the Sputnik V jab is different in that its a traditional vaccine and as I understand it the new follow up shot will take care of the Indian variety too.
    Do you seriously think any doctor in Russia is going to tell you you shouldn’t get it? It would be dangerous to say that, even if they think it true.

Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    Well, in america the government tells you that it means you won't catch it and and and.
    Really? I thought that you could still catch C-19 and transmit it to other people.................
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

Quote Originally Posted by rusmeister View Post
    Do you seriously think any doctor in Russia is going to tell you you shouldn’t get it? It would be dangerous to say that, even if they think it true.
    I'm undergoing some treatment right now and my doctor told me she hadn't bothered to be vaccinated. Her recommendation was to make up my own mind. I have another doctor who recommended I take the jab. He had everyone in his clinic take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    check our - RBC - or -RIA NOVOSTI- they have every 30 minutes the lastest news. and most of what -we - have written here,are arguing about, is already old news. from the looks of it,our good mayor does not want any panic but also no discontent in his city. Nor do the Governors of the Moscow Oblast, St-Petersburg or other towns and cities who begin with restrictions,one by one. i do not follow the FIFA football but from the looks of it nothing is being played in Russia anymore? because gatherings of more than 1000 people are prohibited. one news says the-old - Sputnik is good also for the Indian variant. 30 minutes later o nthe next issue it says in fall everyone who got the Sputnik V jabs, will need another one with a different vaccine. there were 2 names, they just escaped my mind now. On TV they show food courts,in the center one would assume, closed with the red white tape. out here in Strogino there is nothing...a few month ago, after i got the 2 shots of Sputnik, i wanted to have a check if i had developed any -antibodies -. i was told from the website of the laboratory who was to do it, that antibodies will show only if one actually had caught the bug and got sick. now the last 3 weeks or so,the same laboratory offered a 20% discount to anyone who did precisely THAT same test. to check for antibodies... in one news it was said Sobyanin wanted to have 60% of all - service personnel- vaccinated.Whoever they were. 3 days later it is also all -chinovniks- that is -politicians- and all entrepreneurs. there is so much,and in such a short time changing, information out there, no wonder people have just enough from all that https://www.rbc.ru/society/18/06/202...om=from_main_1 and that came onto my screen the moment while i was typing. In Bashkiria no more movie or theater visit without proof of vaccination or a ( negative one would assume) Covid test...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast