littleangels        English Nanny
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Details of authentication of marriage letter?

Quote Originally Posted by Bogatyr View Post
    ... according to whom? ZAGS Russia? Do you have direct experience that this suffices? Who needs to verify this declaration?
    Yes, I was married in russia. Yes I went to the us embassy and yes I swore that I was not married and they gave me a stamp/notary on the letter j gave them that said I was not married and then I took that paper and prob got it translated and notorized/apostilles in Russian and then turned that in. It was awhile ago, so maybe things have changed, but that was what I did.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to americaninmoscow For This Useful Post:

xt-tsi (25-05-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    Yes, I was married in russia. Yes I went to the us embassy and yes I swore that I was not married and they gave me a stamp/notary on the letter j gave them that said I was not married and then I took that paper and prob got it translated and notorized/apostilles in Russian and then turned that in. It was awhile ago, so maybe things have changed, but that was what I did.
    Thanks for clarifying. It's a minor difference then that the document I got the consulate's stamp on was downloaded from the US consulate site and filled out in Russian, as opposed to being written by me directly, then translated into Russian. It still needed legalization for use in Russia, but since the document is in Russian, it doesn't need translation.

The end result is the "marriage letter" that ZAGS requires.
    "What we need, as the ancients understood, is not a politician who is a business man, but a king who is a philosopher." -- G.K. Chesterton

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12