littleangels        English Nanny
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: US/Russia Tit for Tat

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    US citizens need to put some pressure on the embassy.
    How, exactly, when all there is is the automated email response that says "there will be no other responses"?
    "What we need, as the ancients understood, is not a politician who is a business man, but a king who is a philosopher." -- G.K. Chesterton

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bogatyr For This Useful Post:

rusmeister (04-05-2021), Uncle Wally (08-05-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Bogatyr View Post
    Also can confirm the "they mail you the new passport" (you do not need to return to pick it up) works. But I did that renewal through the Moscow US consulate, not sure if that works with a different country's US consulate (then delivering to Russia). They could conceivably indicate that the new passport (probably processed in the US) could be sent directly to the Russia US consulate instead of first to the country where you apply.
    I applied for my son's CRBA and US passport in Moscow. I had to fly there with my wife and 1 year old son to apply in person. Then we flew back to Rostov and 2 weeks later the embassy Pony Expressed the CRBA certificate and US passport to us in Rostov. No need to go back there to pick it up. They said they do this to keep covid exposure to embassy employees to minimum.

I agree that we should unite and try to put some pressure on the US Embassy. My son's US Passport has expired and the Embassy has refussed to grant an appointment now for months. Meanwhile we now have a medical emergency of a grandparent in the US. And still a refusal. The office of my US Senator, Jeanne Shaheen, contacted the Embassy on my behalf and got the same response.

I would like to write a letter to the US Ambassador John Sullivan, on behalf of the Amercian Expat community in Russia. Even though Ambassador Sullivan appears to be recalled to the US, it is likely that his office will receive such a letter and forward on to him.
    The crux of the letter is that the American Expat Community is key to building possitive relations between Russia and the US and should not be wholly, entirely abandoned, as is now the case.

Please let me know who would like to join such a letter.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DanR For This Useful Post:

Remington (08-05-2021), Uncle Wally (08-05-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    I agree that we should unite and try to put some pressure on the US Embassy. My son's US Passport has expired and the Embassy has refussed to grant an appointment now for months. Meanwhile we now have a medical emergency of a grandparent in the US. And still a refusal. The office of my US Senator, Jeanne Shaheen, contacted the Embassy on my behalf and got the same response.

I would like to write a letter to the US Ambassador John Sullivan, on behalf of the Amercian Expat community in Russia. Even though Ambassador Sullivan appears to be recalled to the US, it is likely that his office will receive such a letter and forward on to him.
    The crux of the letter is that the American Expat Community is key to building possitive relations between Russia and the US and should not be wholly, entirely abandoned, as is now the case.

I'll be happy to sign the petition. You could start the petition on change.org and get all American expats in Russia to sign it.

There's one for K-1 visa but it needs to be for passport services, CRBA and all immigrant visa especially spouses, fiances and children as they have priority to join US family.
    https://www.change.org/p/ambassador-...k-1-interviews

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Remington For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (09-05-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post

I will sign the petition and am happy to write it, if you want.

I have sent to a personal message with my email address.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12