littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Uk police check ??

Uk police check ??

Hi. I have TRP and soon will be applying for Permanent residency. Ive seen various sites that says under documents required for PRP they say no police clearance is needed when applying for PRP only for TRP. Then other sites say you need a police check for PRP.
    Iam living in Russia so not sure why I need another one.
    Can somebody advise. Thanks in advance. Dave.

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    If my memory serves me right, it's not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    If my memory serves me right, it's not needed.
    might be worthwhile to consult VADIM at LIGA consulting? not putting a plug for them, but they really seem to know everything about anything? ( As an AUSTRIAN I was not asked for a police reference when applying for my PRP after I had my temporary for about 2 or 3 years. though we all know each inspector out there in Sakharov has their own opinion about things. and if they say no it is no.and if they say yes it is a yes...) Maybe there are different requirements for different countries?
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Best to get up to date info...

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    might be worthwhile to consult VADIM at LIGA consulting? not putting a plug for them, but they really seem to know everything about anything? ( As an AUSTRIAN I was not asked for a police reference when applying for my PRP after I had my temporary for about 2 or 3 years. though we all know each inspector out there in Sakharov has their own opinion about things. and if they say no it is no.and if they say yes it is a yes...) Maybe there are different requirements for different countries?
    When I applied for my TRP in 2018 I had to provide the police check. When I subsequently applied for my PRP in 2019 it was not required. The assumption was that since providing the background check and getting TRP I had been living in Russia and therefore they had access to my latest situation.

However, as Benedikt says, it is not necessarily what the law says but what the clerk handling your request decides that counts.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigBear For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (26-04-2021), Uncle Wally (26-04-2021)

I don't see that the police report is needed for the RVP.

https://www.mos.ru/otvet-dokumenti/k...anie-v-rossii/

Many thanks guys. D.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dmcol For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (26-04-2021)

However, as Benedikt says, it is not necessarily what the law says but what the clerk handling your request decides that counts.[/QUOTE]

for me the situation was the same. for my PRP no police check was required. though also for an Austrian my police check was done through my Consulate. fill i na little form, pay the fee,and in 2 weeks, with the diplomatic pouch, and apostilled, the check was here... ( wondered though WHAT and how they checked. i left Austria some 45 years ago, worked in 8 countries,,fair enough never got even a parking ticket nor conviction... are they all connected to INTERPOL, where the Austrian Ministry of the Interior, the stamp said so, can do checking?)

i left Austria some 45 years ago, worked in 8 countries,,fair enough never got even a parking ticket nor conviction... are they all connected to INTERPOL, where the Austrian Ministry of the Interior, the stamp said so, can do checking?)
    I also wondered why they weren’t interested in knowing in which countries I had lived, only those that I was a citizen of. Big brother really must be watching!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BigBear For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (30-07-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by BigBear View Post
    I also wondered why they weren’t interested in knowing in which countries I had lived, only those that I was a citizen of. Big brother really must be watching!
    According to this article https://hub.unlock.org.uk/knowledgeb...ed-overseas-2/ it seems that there is some sharing of information, certainly within Europe but also beyond.

Hi again. Handed my documents in and they said as id been in uk on holiday for four weeks id need a new police disclosure from ACRO. Total nightmare. Ive now applied for the disclosure and then after the apostille.
    Will i need a solicitor to sign the apostille as well?
    All this to say " No previous convictions".
    Regards. Dave.

I believe you'll need to translate the police report and apostille into Russian and notarize the translations, here in Russia.

police check

Quote Originally Posted by dmcol View Post
    Hi. I have TRP and soon will be applying for Permanent residency. I've seen various sites that says under documents required for PRP they say no police clearance is needed when applying for PRP only for TRP. Then other sites say you need a police check for PRP.
    Iam living in Russia, so not sure why I need another one.
    Can somebody advise. Thanks in advance. Dave.
    i can confirm you need a police check for both trp and prp reguardless of where you have been living the easyest and cheapest method i used is simply go online and get a crb check and appostile then get it sent via dhl this can be done via https://crbdirect.org.uk/ theres also loads of other companies out there can do it

https://crbdirect.org.uk/dbs-check-information/

but you have to think about time crb check takes a few days then apostille takes a few days then post a few days i had the cert in my hand after about a week i got my prp about a week ago applied like 5 mounths ago

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    I believe you'll need to translate the police report and apostille into Russian and notarize the translations, here in Russia.
    correct. to a certain point. again, there might be different laws apply to different countries. when i got my police report at the Austrian consulate i had it also apostilled i n AUSTRIA. so the russian -advokat- was assured it is a genuine document and not a fake. and only then did he translate my german language document into russian langauge. with HIS stamp and signature on.
    ( by the way an apostille and advokat and the likes is only needed if it will be used as an -official- document. if you want somethings for you as private use only no stamps and nothing is needed.)

correct. to a certain point. again, there might be different laws apply to different countries. when i got my police report at the Austrian consulate i had it also apostilled i n AUSTRIA. so the russian -advokat- was assured it is a genuine document and not a fake. and only then did he translate my german language document into russian langauge. with HIS stamp and signature on.
    ( by the way an apostille and advokat and the likes is only needed if it will be used as an -official- document. if you want somethings for you as private use only no stamps and nothing is needed.)
    yes it has to be translated and notiorised loades of companies can do it real quick