littleangels        English Nanny
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: American priest living in Russia

On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    older types, does not matter which nationality, coma also most of the time with their family or with plans to have a family here. they are not the -adventurous - types . who think with a few words of english can make a quick buck here. impress with their -knowledge of - western democracy-. and of course want to save the poor, downtrodden, Vodka swilling, wife beating Russians with their bible or other books from descending to hell, or from an even worse fate. who see everything negative, dont like anything and find it back home anyway better. they are gone soon. and good riddance of them.
    Where are you getting this from? You should take a break from reading or listening to the "news." You will feel much better.

The people with bibles are there to proselytize, to convert, they do not look down on Russians.

Who has a condescending arrogant attitude toward the average Russian are the leftist social scientists. They are working in the universities and the US State Department.

When I was in Russia, every month or so, one of my Russian friends, teachers, would tell me, "Hey, there's a visitor from US, want to meet them?" Invariably, the US guest would turn out to be some snowflake or spoiled brat leftist from Massachusetts or California, who had this superior attitude, like "I'm from America, so I know more than you dumb Russians. Here's how real people do things." After a while, I declined invitations to meet visiting Americans.

On Aeroflot back to the US, I sat next to some sociologist from a California university who was marking her 36th trip to "study the Russian peoples". Thirty-six times she had visited Russia to examine them and fly home to write another paper about them. After she lectured me about this and that characteristics of Russians, I asked her:

"Well, why don't you just move to Russia? Then you won't have to fly back and forth all the time."
    "Oh, no, I would never want to live there."
    "But, being there so many times you must love the country and love the Russian people."
    She thought for a minute (yes, it was unusual question for a person who must regard people in general as intelligent animals, and not "Talent on loan from God") and she replied, "Well, I love to study them."

She reminded me of a psychologist, analyzing the behavior of white mice in a laboratory maze.

Before I ran out of nice words to say, I got up and found somewhere else to sit.
    Last edited by TheInterocitor; 24-04-2021 at 04:28.
    "Defund the Social Sciences." - Fantastika, 2020

On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    s. But a few weeks later, Andrei and I (Andrei was university student, and he was expert at building PHP-driven websites) upgraded the operating systems for the office computers, and I forgot and reformatted Yulia's hard drive. Losing all her work.

then your expert -computer upgrader - was a dud. HE should have checked everything before ,save everything before doing any upgrading. on each and every computer,including Julias...
    Andrei was a student, not an expert. They are allowed to make mistakes. And me, I made many mistakes, probably everything I did, I did wrong the first time. Then you learn and you do it right the second time!
    "Defund the Social Sciences." - Fantastika, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    Andrei was a student, not an expert. They are allowed to make mistakes. And me, I made many mistakes, probably everything I did, I did wrong the first time. Then you learn and you do it right the second time!
    and what did you tell Yulia? that you were sorry?
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12