littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Travel to the UK

Travel to the UK

Put my daughter on the plane to the UK from Moscow yesterday. Luckily we remembered, at the last minute, to pay on line for the shots she is required to have on the 2nd and 8th day after arrival in the UK. She got a receipt with a number on it, showing we'd paid. Without that number, she could not have gotten on the plane.

Someone else on her flight hadn't gotten the COVID test within the required 72 hours before departure. Wasn't allowed on the plane, although the test was negative.

Very strict.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (23-04-2021)

Someone else on her flight hadn't gotten the COVID test within the required 72 hours before departure. Wasn't allowed on the plane, although the test was negative.

Very strict.[/QUOTE]

sounds as it is supposed to be with other airlines as well. would you care to say which company your daughter was flying? AND rely to us what hr experience onboard of that flight was? facemask? seating? how to eat? was the seat next to her occupied? nothing to mention that would infringe on the -rights - of anyone...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

She flew Aeroflot from Moscow to Heathrow. On board the rules were enforced about wearing face masks. Both noses and mouths needed to be covered at all times during the entire flight by masks. All the (mostly Russian) passengers followed the regulations carefully. The passengers were told that anyone refusing to wear a mask before departure would not be allowed to board. During the flight, had anyone refused to wear a mask, the airplane would have landed at the next airport and the person refusing to wear the mask would pay for the cost of the landing. It was allowed to pull up the masks while eating but the airline staff patrolled the aisles constantly and made sure that the masks stayed on, when the meals were done. Halfway through the flight, everyone got a fresh mask. My daughter sat next to two other passengers and the plane was full.

Once in the UK, all the documents proving the COVID tests were taken and purchased were checked at passport control. Everyone wore masks throughout the airport and outside the airport as well.

Another friend of mine flew Aeroflot on Tuesday to the US and said it was the same drill. Masks were worn during the entire flight. The only consolation was that free wine was handed out.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (23-04-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    She flew Aeroflot from Moscow to Heathrow. On board the rules were enforced about wearing face masks. Both noses and mouths needed to be covered at all times during the entire flight by masks. All the (mostly Russian) passengers followed the regulations carefully. The passengers were told that anyone refusing to wear a mask before departure would not be allowed to board. During the flight, had anyone refused to wear a mask, the airplane would have landed at the next airport and the person refusing to wear the mask would pay for the cost of the landing. It was allowed to pull up the masks while eating but the airline staff patrolled the aisles constantly and made sure that the masks stayed on, when the meals were done. Halfway through the flight, everyone got a fresh mask. My daughter sat next to two other passengers and the plane was full.

Once in the UK, all the documents proving the COVID tests were taken and purchased were checked at passport control. Everyone wore masks throughout the airport and outside the airport as well.

Another friend of mine flew Aeroflot on Tuesday to the US and said it was the same drill. Masks were worn during the entire flight. The only consolation was that free wine was handed out.
    thank you for the fast and exhaustive reply. it is appreciated.

Glad to do it.

We have it easy here in Russia with few restrictions on masking and distancing, everything open. A buddy of mine flew to NY (same routine on the flight as to the UK) via Aeroflot and said Manhattan is a ghost town, boarded up stores and shops, bums everywhere. He is now in Boston, not quite as bad. Everyone is masked outdoors, strictly enforced.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (24-04-2021), Uncle Wally (24-04-2021)

If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Glad to do it.

We have it easy here in Russia with few restrictions on masking and distancing, everything open. A buddy of mine flew to NY (same routine on the flight as to the UK) via Aeroflot and said Manhattan is a ghost town, boarded up stores and shops, bums everywhere. He is now in Boston, not quite as bad. Everyone is masked outdoors, strictly enforced.
    remember the first lockdown last march? registering your car when you want to drive? registering yourself when you want too shopping but need a bus or tram to get there? remember the -recommendation - even walking the dog only 100 m away from your house? ( something we all flaunted here. because 100m around is a clinic, a school,a kindergarten. all places were the dogs are NOT to make their mess...the local cop shop patrolled the park, but we did not overdo it, they just let it go. while we in Russia kept to the recommendations, they were openly flaunted in the -west-. Remember Trump with this -medicines -? well they got to pay the bill now. while we have it easy here. and that is good so.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    while we in Russia kept to the recommendations, they were openly flaunted in the -west-. Remember Trump with this -medicines -? well they got to pay the bill now. while we have it easy here. and that is good so.
    Bro, I wonder sometimes, what it would be like to live in your world. The claims you make are fantastic, sometimes.

Anyways,

1) Russia has the 6th highest death rate in the world for coronovirus. Right Now. Not yesterday or last week or month.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...de-by-country/
    France, Germany, Spain all come after Russia.

OR,

From a Russian source-

https://coronavirus-monitor.ru/coronavirus-v-rossii/

2) Yandex had a counter on its website last March. While most muscovites were supposed to be in lockdown, others, in fact, (about half the population of Moscow), were not. You could see the foot traffic on the website, and most people were outside, screwing around, and passing on the 'rona. And simply by looking at the infection rate in Moscow, you could understand something strange was going on. How could it spread if we were all supposed to be locked in our flats?

3) Only 6% of Moscow residents have been vaccinated.

4) The Russian government can't enforce lockdowns or encourage testing because of the super fragile economy. People already are on edge about Navalny, and not having any money will make people actually get off their butts and out into the streets. If you remember, tons of people were complaining about no money or support from the government. At the time, I was taking taxis from my flat in Moscow to my dacha, at more than 100km one way, because I didn't want to ride the train. So, I heard the same story from a lot of people. People that usually weren't or uber or yandex drivers. But it was the only source of income they could find.

5) In America, there is an interesting conundrum. The states like Florida, Georgia, the Dakotas and a few others, which never enforced lockdowns nor did much in the way in prevention, have had fewer rates of infection than states that radically did enforce lockdowns, like Oregon, Washington, California or New York. All of which have very left leaning governments. Since it is generally accepted that Corona Virus is the most lethal and deadly plague to ever infect human kind (/sarc), we should expect to see the opposite. But we don't. Could this mean the drastic measures that have been taken by nanny-states are more of a political nature? Or?

6) Most states in America are open, passenger flights never stopped (remember watching flights back in March on https://www.flightradar24.com/ and seeing them go everywhere except Russia?)

Conclusion-

Life in Russia is cheap. As long as you are young, healthy or have money, health issues are a non-issue. But woe unto you if you aren't one of those three. And life with corona is the same as it always was. In some ways, this is right. In others, well, like I said you need youth, health or money. 2 out of 3 are better.

I think Russia has done mostly the correct things regarding the "Rona, but let's not try to distort the picture.

Good comment. What do you think the Russian's end game is? I have to think it is something like achieving herd immunity, whatever that is. From my conversations with Russians, a few of which are doctors, skepticism of Sputnik V seems rampant. Even if it could be produced in volumes allowing the population to be vaccinated, the majority of Russians wouldn't do it.

And I also wonder if doing the "correct things" will remain correct. Look at India. They relaxed, and had a rebound. Hopefully it won't happen here. But from a personal perspective, I appreciate the freedom we have to move about, go out to dinner, visit, shop and go to work. But Russia isn't India. So, we shall see, as the Russians say. Meanwhile, those who die, die. Pofigism at its most extreme.

And yes, Benedikt, I remember those early restrictions, especially having several ways to get the passes. They amounted to finding ways to beat the system, which I did as well. Suddenly, it ended. Someone said, time to let the economy recover.

It turns out, sitting in the Moscow Oblast isn't a bad place to be, speaking personally. I might not be young but I can ride this out, my own anti-bodies having been brought up to snuff by Sputnik. I'll take it.
    Last edited by xt-tsi; 25-04-2021 at 12:14.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (25-04-2021), Uncle Wally (25-04-2021)

Good comment. What do you think the Russian's end game is? I have to think it is something like achieving herd immunity, whatever that is. From my conversations with Russians, a few of which are doctors, skepticism of Sputnik V seems rampant. Even if it could be produced in volumes allowing the population to be vaccinated, the majority of Russians wouldn't do it.

And I also wonder if doing the "correct things" will remain correct. Look at India. They relaxed, and had a rebound. Hopefully it won't happen here. But from a personal perspective, I appreciate the freedom we have to move about, go out to dinner, visit, shop and go to work. But Russia isn't India. So, we shall see, as the Russians say. Meanwhile, those who die, die. Pofigism at its most extreme.

And yes, Benedikt, I remember those early restrictions, especially having several ways to get the passes. They amounted to finding ways to beat the system, which I did as well. Suddenly, it ended. Someone said, time to let the economy recover.

It turns out, sitting in the Moscow Oblast isn't a bad place to be, speaking personally. I might not be young but I can ride this out, my own anti-bodies having been brought up to snuff by Sputnik. I'll take it.
    Antibodies? You mean whiskey and cigars? You are becoming too Russian.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

It was found that cigarette smoking reduces the risk of the worst virus to ever hit humanity but politicians can do whatever they like because, well they ain't human.

It turns out, sitting in the Moscow Oblast isn't a bad place to be, speaking personally. I might not be young but I can ride this out, my own anti-bodies having been brought up to snuff by Sputnik. I'll take it.[/QUOTE]

and not only India. Brazil is even worse. and it is one thing to RELAX the restrictions, but still adhere to whatever is left to adhere.. as Russia does.Or openly flaunt them as India or Brazil do. that Yandex counter is for the birds. i was out up to 5x a day with the dog. he is old and has to go and pee. i was supposed to, and not only me, to go only 100 m away from our building. but within that we have a pliklinik, a school, a kindergarten. And there the dogs are NOT supposed to make a mess. we all are teaching that our dogs. so what we did? we still go across the road, into the 2000 ha big park. the local police saw us, they know who we were, and we had no problem. the Xandex counter did NOT know that. i could go anywhere where i could WALK. might that be a shop,the chemist, or whatever was open. As long as i could walk. i could go every day. as much as i wanted. and so di lots of other people. THAT difference theat clever YANDEX counter could not make. sure the doctors are sceptical about Sputnik. So are the doctors in Germany and Austria about Pfizer Biontech, Johnson & Johnson, Moderna or ANYTHING. It will take some time also for THEM to see the benefits...Also who got vaccinated FIRST? not the general population.. it was the old people, the people in old age homes or care institutions. the medical personnel, who DID get vaccinated. If you ever have seen the Ambulances without windows ? i have posted it because i have seen them and did not know at first what they were here for) . i personally dont give two hoots about statistics and Yandex counters and other crap. i use my OWN Brain and that has served me not to bad the last 70 years.

I indeed am becoming too Russian.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (26-04-2021)

I indeed am becoming too Russian.
    nothing wrong with that...

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    nothing wrong with that...
    I didn't say there was.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (27-04-2021)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast