littleangels        English Nanny
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Travel to the UK

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    I didn't say there was.
    In fact that could be a good thing.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

This is an interesting topic for something like an article. I've written a few about living in Russia and sent them around to friends and some email contacts. In what ways is being too Russian good, and in what ways not? I'll tackle it.

Approved Vaccines for the UK.

I am planning to possibly go to the UK in January, however I found out that they don't accept Sputnik V as a vaccine ( I have had 2 shots), meaning a 10 day quarantine period...I do not want to quarantine so I was thinking to do a booster (3rd shot) of either AstraZenica/Pfizer or Moderna. Do you know if the European Medical Centre ( or other Moscow clinic) offers those vaccines and if the certificate from EMC or other Moscow clinic is accepted in the UK or does the UK only accept vaccination certificate from clinics outside of Russia ? Thanks in advance for your replies.

All three of those vaccines require two jabs to count as being vaccinated. JJ is the only single shot vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    It turns out, sitting in the Moscow Oblast isn't a bad place to be, speaking personally. I might not be young but I can ride this out, my own anti-bodies having been brought up to snuff by Sputnik. I'll take it.

and not only India. Brazil is even worse. and it is one thing to RELAX the restrictions, but still adhere to whatever is left to adhere.. as Russia does.Or openly flaunt them as India or Brazil do. that Yandex counter is for the birds. i was out up to 5x a day with the dog. he is old and has to go and pee. i was supposed to, and not only me, to go only 100 m away from our building. but within that we have a pliklinik, a school, a kindergarten. And there the dogs are NOT supposed to make a mess. we all are teaching that our dogs. so what we did? we still go across the road, into the 2000 ha big park. the local police saw us, they know who we were, and we had no problem. the Xandex counter did NOT know that. i could go anywhere where i could WALK. might that be a shop,the chemist, or whatever was open. As long as i could walk. i could go every day. as much as i wanted. and so di lots of other people. THAT difference theat clever YANDEX counter could not make. sure the doctors are sceptical about Sputnik. So are the doctors in Germany and Austria about Pfizer Biontech, Johnson & Johnson, Moderna or ANYTHING. It will take some time also for THEM to see the benefits...Also who got vaccinated FIRST? not the general population.. it was the old people, the people in old age homes or care institutions. the medical personnel, who DID get vaccinated. If you ever have seen the Ambulances without windows ? i have posted it because i have seen them and did not know at first what they were here for) . i personally dont give two hoots about statistics and Yandex counters and other crap. i use my OWN Brain and that has served me not to bad the last 70 years.[/QUOTE]

Yandex counter more than likely works thru various apps. So, if u have downloaded an app and they have a data sharing agreement with ya dec then wheever you go will be counted.

Sorry, but being clever doesnt exempt you from big data.

Quote Originally Posted by Moskvazayets View Post
    I am planning to possibly go to the UK in January, however I found out that they don't accept Sputnik V as a vaccine ( I have had 2 shots), meaning a 10 day quarantine period...I do not want to quarantine so I was thinking to do a booster (3rd shot) of either AstraZenica/Pfizer or Moderna. Do you know if the European Medical Centre ( or other Moscow clinic) offers those vaccines and if the certificate from EMC or other Moscow clinic is accepted in the UK or does the UK only accept vaccination certificate from clinics outside of Russia ? Thanks in advance for your replies.
    I read that u could get the shits at skolkovo due to impor/export restrictions being different there.

Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    I read that u could get the shits at skolkovo due to impor/export restrictions being different there.
    Or the shots.... Lol

Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    Or the shots.... Lol
    I usually get the shits.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

My wife and I have taken the Sputnik V jab. We also wanted to go to the UK but put off the trip because of the 10 day quarantine. I looked everywhere for an option in Moscow to get an EU approved jab and couldn't find one. The only jabs allowed in Russia are Sputnik V, EpiVacCorona, Sputnik light and CoviVac. I called the medical clinic at Skolkovo (Hassadah Medical Center) and they only offer the Russian jabs. They don't know of any other ones being offered. EMC and the other clinics only offer the Russian vaccines.

You've probably heard about vaccine tourism...trips to Serbia and other places (Croatia, Hungary) are being organized to get the jabs.

https://www.bbc.com/russian/features-58725101

I've decided to wait and see if somehow Sputnik V gets approved this year by the EU. Fat chance, but you never know. I eventually need to go to the EU, so if it comes to that, Serbia here we come.

@xt

When did u call?

The Moscow times reported

The Health Ministry proposed Tuesday to grant the Moscow International Medical Cluster (MIMC) project the right to import vaccines and drugs not registered in Russia. MIMC operates in Moscow City Hall’s Skolkovo Innovation Center, which works under a special legal regime that gives it preferential access to drugs registered in OECD member-states, even if they are not registered in Russia.

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2021/...mersant-a75173

I called them today. The application has been made but not approved yet by the Ministry of Health. So, no EU approved vaccine yet at Skolkovo...but a good tip, thanks. Something to follow.

I called them today. The application has been made but not approved yet by the Ministry of Health. So, no EU approved vaccine yet at Skolkovo...but a good tip, thanks. Something to follow.
    The Uk review travel requirements every 3 weeks, this week travellers from Europe do not have to do he 10 day quarantine etc, so i would say watch this space.

Personally I dont follow this religiously but I do know things are loosening up.

Entry to the UK

Thanks for all your answers !
    I will wait a bit to see how things progress.
    If Skolkovo doesn't turn out to be a good option , I may choose to go to Serbia to get vaccinated there.

Thanks for the update!!

Thanks for all your answers !
    I will wait a bit to see how things progress.
    If Skolkovo doesn't turn out to be a good option , I may choose to go to Serbia to get vaccinated there.
    If you go to Serbia, let us know how it goes! I'm also considering Croatia...a fabulous place to visit as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast