Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Travel to the UK

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Travel to the UK

Put my daughter on the plane to the UK from Moscow yesterday. Luckily we remembered, at the last minute, to pay on line for the shots she is required to have on the 2nd and 8th day after arrival in the UK. She got a receipt with a number on it, showing we'd paid. Without that number, she could not have gotten on the plane.

Someone else on her flight hadn't gotten the COVID test within the required 72 hours before departure. Wasn't allowed on the plane, although the test was negative.

Very strict.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (23-04-2021)

Someone else on her flight hadn't gotten the COVID test within the required 72 hours before departure. Wasn't allowed on the plane, although the test was negative.

Very strict.[/QUOTE]

sounds as it is supposed to be with other airlines as well. would you care to say which company your daughter was flying? AND rely to us what hr experience onboard of that flight was? facemask? seating? how to eat? was the seat next to her occupied? nothing to mention that would infringe on the -rights - of anyone...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

She flew Aeroflot from Moscow to Heathrow. On board the rules were enforced about wearing face masks. Both noses and mouths needed to be covered at all times during the entire flight by masks. All the (mostly Russian) passengers followed the regulations carefully. The passengers were told that anyone refusing to wear a mask before departure would not be allowed to board. During the flight, had anyone refused to wear a mask, the airplane would have landed at the next airport and the person refusing to wear the mask would pay for the cost of the landing. It was allowed to pull up the masks while eating but the airline staff patrolled the aisles constantly and made sure that the masks stayed on, when the meals were done. Halfway through the flight, everyone got a fresh mask. My daughter sat next to two other passengers and the plane was full.

Once in the UK, all the documents proving the COVID tests were taken and purchased were checked at passport control. Everyone wore masks throughout the airport and outside the airport as well.

Another friend of mine flew Aeroflot on Tuesday to the US and said it was the same drill. Masks were worn during the entire flight. The only consolation was that free wine was handed out.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (23-04-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    She flew Aeroflot from Moscow to Heathrow. On board the rules were enforced about wearing face masks. Both noses and mouths needed to be covered at all times during the entire flight by masks. All the (mostly Russian) passengers followed the regulations carefully. The passengers were told that anyone refusing to wear a mask before departure would not be allowed to board. During the flight, had anyone refused to wear a mask, the airplane would have landed at the next airport and the person refusing to wear the mask would pay for the cost of the landing. It was allowed to pull up the masks while eating but the airline staff patrolled the aisles constantly and made sure that the masks stayed on, when the meals were done. Halfway through the flight, everyone got a fresh mask. My daughter sat next to two other passengers and the plane was full.

Once in the UK, all the documents proving the COVID tests were taken and purchased were checked at passport control. Everyone wore masks throughout the airport and outside the airport as well.

Another friend of mine flew Aeroflot on Tuesday to the US and said it was the same drill. Masks were worn during the entire flight. The only consolation was that free wine was handed out.
    thank you for the fast and exhaustive reply. it is appreciated.

Glad to do it.

We have it easy here in Russia with few restrictions on masking and distancing, everything open. A buddy of mine flew to NY (same routine on the flight as to the UK) via Aeroflot and said Manhattan is a ghost town, boarded up stores and shops, bums everywhere. He is now in Boston, not quite as bad. Everyone is masked outdoors, strictly enforced.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (24-04-2021), Uncle Wally (24-04-2021)

If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    Glad to do it.

We have it easy here in Russia with few restrictions on masking and distancing, everything open. A buddy of mine flew to NY (same routine on the flight as to the UK) via Aeroflot and said Manhattan is a ghost town, boarded up stores and shops, bums everywhere. He is now in Boston, not quite as bad. Everyone is masked outdoors, strictly enforced.
    remember the first lockdown last march? registering your car when you want to drive? registering yourself when you want too shopping but need a bus or tram to get there? remember the -recommendation - even walking the dog only 100 m away from your house? ( something we all flaunted here. because 100m around is a clinic, a school,a kindergarten. all places were the dogs are NOT to make their mess...the local cop shop patrolled the park, but we did not overdo it, they just let it go. while we in Russia kept to the recommendations, they were openly flaunted in the -west-. Remember Trump with this -medicines -? well they got to pay the bill now. while we have it easy here. and that is good so.

Approved Vaccines for the UK.

I am planning to possibly go to the UK in January, however I found out that they don't accept Sputnik V as a vaccine ( I have had 2 shots), meaning a 10 day quarantine period...I do not want to quarantine so I was thinking to do a booster (3rd shot) of either AstraZenica/Pfizer or Moderna. Do you know if the European Medical Centre ( or other Moscow clinic) offers those vaccines and if the certificate from EMC or other Moscow clinic is accepted in the UK or does the UK only accept vaccination certificate from clinics outside of Russia ? Thanks in advance for your replies.

All three of those vaccines require two jabs to count as being vaccinated. JJ is the only single shot vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by Moskvazayets View Post
    I am planning to possibly go to the UK in January, however I found out that they don't accept Sputnik V as a vaccine ( I have had 2 shots), meaning a 10 day quarantine period...I do not want to quarantine so I was thinking to do a booster (3rd shot) of either AstraZenica/Pfizer or Moderna. Do you know if the European Medical Centre ( or other Moscow clinic) offers those vaccines and if the certificate from EMC or other Moscow clinic is accepted in the UK or does the UK only accept vaccination certificate from clinics outside of Russia ? Thanks in advance for your replies.
    I read that u could get the shits at skolkovo due to impor/export restrictions being different there.

Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    I read that u could get the shits at skolkovo due to impor/export restrictions being different there.
    Or the shots.... Lol

Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    Or the shots.... Lol
    I usually get the shits.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Quote Originally Posted by Moskvazayets View Post
    My wife and I have taken the Sputnik V jab. We also wanted to go to the UK but put off the trip because of the 10 day quarantine. I looked everywhere for an option in Moscow to get an EU approved jab and couldn't find one. The only jabs allowed in Russia are Sputnik V, EpiVacCorona, Sputnik light and CoviVac. I called the medical clinic at Skolkovo (Hassadah Medical Center) and they only offer the Russian jabs. They don't know of any other ones being offered. EMC and the other clinics only offer the Russian vaccines.

You've probably heard about vaccine tourism...trips to Serbia and other places (Croatia, Hungary) are being organized to get the jabs.

https://www.bbc.com/russian/features-58725101

I've decided to wait and see if somehow Sputnik V gets approved this year by the EU. Fat chance, but you never know. I eventually need to go to the EU, so if it comes to that, Serbia here we come.

@xt

When did u call?

The Moscow times reported

The Health Ministry proposed Tuesday to grant the Moscow International Medical Cluster (MIMC) project the right to import vaccines and drugs not registered in Russia. MIMC operates in Moscow City Hall’s Skolkovo Innovation Center, which works under a special legal regime that gives it preferential access to drugs registered in OECD member-states, even if they are not registered in Russia.

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2021/...mersant-a75173

I called them today. The application has been made but not approved yet by the Ministry of Health. So, no EU approved vaccine yet at Skolkovo...but a good tip, thanks. Something to follow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast