littleangels        English Nanny
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FNS (ФНС) takes control over your spending's

One more thing. Did you report your foreign bank accounts and transactions on them to the ФНС? If not and you have Russian citizenship or ВНЖ you are in trouble. They can see all your transactions in Russian banks. So any your transfers from foreign bank account to the Russian bank account are visible now. Expect a phone call from ФНС. Fine is 75-100% of transaction(s).

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    I got a message recently that I owe about 10k tax debt, said cos have a savings account with Sberbank, I've a normal account with them and savings, that's for 6 months with % at the end of 6 months, they took the money out of this savings account themselves.

This is the message I got.
    On May 28, 21, the suspension of operations for RUB 9495.85 on the Savings account * was canceled by the decision of the Federal Tax Service No. @$$$ of 05/27/21. You can use the Savings account * without restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    I got a message recently that I owe about 10k tax debt, said cos have a savings account with Sberbank, I've a normal account with them and savings, that's for 6 months with % at the end of 6 months
    That sounds about right. I was warned when I opened a fixed term deposit at Sber that I would have to pay tax on the earnings. That will be for next year's declaration. For this year's declaration I noted the interest I had received on a simple savings account.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BigBear For This Useful Post:

Judge (04-07-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by BigBear View Post
    That sounds about right. I was warned when I opened a fixed term deposit at Sber that I would have to pay tax on the earnings. That will be for next year's declaration. For this year's declaration I noted the interest I had received on a simple savings account.
    Not really worth doing then, what I got from interest they took back in taxes.I did all online, didn't know had to pay taxes on it.

It's like when I bought a kg of silver , they add on 20%VAT, had to wait for price to go over 20% to many a profit, luckily it did .
    Russian government is thinking of doing away with tax on silver and gold, to try and make people invest in it.
    There is no VAT on coins, just bars.

Not really worth doing then, what I got from interest they took back in taxes.I did all online, didn't know had to pay taxes on it.
    Yes, same here, I was “lucky” enough to have problems opening a second deposit online and had to go into the bank to get it done where they told me. The online application doesn’t seem to be very good at informing clients of their responsibilities. And not very good at providing any form of tax reports as far as I can figure out.

Did it include penalties? Because if you have to pay 13% tax on a 6% gain on a balance then it's still worth doing, you've still earned more than zero.
    Sa you had a 100k rub balance in a savings account, and you earned 6k in interest, you'd have to pay about 700 rub in tax, and you still are far ahead than earning nothing. Assuming you didn't have better investments you could make (property, equipment, car, etc.). With the high inflation in Russia, savings accounts in general are not a great place to put extra cash.
    "What we need, as the ancients understood, is not a politician who is a business man, but a king who is a philosopher." -- G.K. Chesterton

Just said I had that tax debt to pay, the highest gain was about 5.3%, I just thought I'd put some money away in a fixed account, 3-6 months and get a little % back, maybe when calculating all, I made some extra, but was surprised and wondering why this tax debt just appeared.

Judge,
    It was something else. They will send you a tax bill next year (around October-November) for 2021 earnings on saving account(s). Nobody is getting any charged НДФЛ on bank savings for 2020.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12