littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Residence Permit Woes

Residence Permit Woes

Last year a long-stay British friend living in Moscow had some hassle renewing her British passport
    but that was as nothing compared with the problems she has had since renewing her residence permit.
    After getting her new British passport, she had to hike miles outside of Moscow on four occasions to the
    migration centre only to be told on each occasion that her documentation was not completed correctly or
    that there was some additional documentation required. Eventually, on the fourth visit she was told to go
    to a local centre in Moscow to obtain a special stamp. She did this whereupon it was discovered that all
    the grief she had been having was due to incorrect dates being entered by some official when she last
    renewed her residence permit in 2016.

With all the documentation now correctly completed and the previous mistakes having been corrected,
    she traipsed once more out to the "Migration Centre From Hell", as she describes it. This time they were
    satisfied with the documentation and told her the new permit would be ready within two months.

Two months have since passed but with no indication the new permit is ready. She says the only way she
    can verify if it is ready for collection is to log on to a particular website but that site does not provide any
    confirmation that her permit is ready.
    Does anyone know of a phone number, for example, that one can call to find out if a permit is ready?
    Or is there some other means of finding out what is happening to a permit application process?

Quote Originally Posted by Nijinsky View Post
    Last year a long-stay British friend living in Moscow had some hassle renewing her British passport
    but that was as nothing compared with the problems she has had since renewing her residence permit.
    After getting her new British passport, she had to hike miles outside of Moscow on four occasions to the
    migration centre only to be told on each occasion that her documentation was not completed correctly or
    that there was some additional documentation required. Eventually, on the fourth visit she was told to go
    to a local centre in Moscow to obtain a special stamp. She did this whereupon it was discovered that all
    the grief she had been having was due to incorrect dates being entered by some official when she last

With all the documentation now correctly completed and the previous mistakes having been corrected,
    she traipsed once more out to the "Migration Centre From Hell", as she describes it. This time they were
    satisfied with the documentation and told her the new permit would be ready within two months.

Two months have since passed but with no indication the new permit is ready. She says the only way she
    can verify if it is ready for collection is to log on to a particular website but that site does not provide any
    Does anyone know of a phone number, for example, that one can call to find out if a permit is ready?
    Or is there some other means of finding out what is happening to a permit application process?
    Информация о готовности РВП, ВНЖ
    Information about readiness of TRP, PRP

https://ГУВМ.МБД.РФ

тел: 8(495) 850-44-28
    ежедневно с (daily, from) 8:00 до 20:00

When I went out there for renewal, the whole process was quite simple and took about one hour. The new (perpetual) PRP was ready when promised - and was backdated to the date on which I had applied for it.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xp@ For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (16-04-2021), Uncle Wally (15-04-2021)

since she called it here -migration center from hell - it might have had also to do something with her attitude towards the people who worked there?
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Once the application for the document for residency is accepted, it is in the system and will be issued. By law, it should be issued in a certain period of time. The applicant has the right to it. She should go out to Sakharova with an open mind and patience to find out how to get the doc. If she can take a Russian citizen with her to help, she should by providing that person with a power of attorney to accompany her. She should take that person with them to patiently but insistently find a way to solve the problem. Maybe she has lost patience, understandable but fatal when dealing with the bureaucrats.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (16-04-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    Once the application for the document for residency is accepted, it is in the system and will be issued. By law, it should be issued in a certain period of time. The applicant has the right to it. She should go out to Sakharova with an open mind and patience to find out how to get the doc. If she can take a Russian citizen with her to help, she should by providing that person with a power of attorney to accompany her. She should take that person with them to patiently but insistently find a way to solve the problem. Maybe she has lost patience, understandable but fatal when dealing with the bureaucrats.
    and some people tend to forget that a please and thank you is welcome all over the world. Also in Saxharovo. Some people think they dont need it. so they learn the hard way.though shit.
    I have seen people begin to shout and scream out there. DEMANDING to see the Boss, the supervisor, the senior Inspector. They just closed the shutters and you sit there. And can be sure, your face and applications will be remembered, and EVERY inspector will check it for the last dot on the -i-...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

The person in question is known for her patience and good manners.
    I have never known her to be rude or aggressive to anyone so I have no doubt that is not the issue.
    As I mentioned in the original post, she had been on multiple occasions to Saxharovo only to be
    told her documentation was still not correct, despite having completed several additional forms.
    Eventually, she was told to go to a local centre
    in Moscow where they discovered the problems she had been experiencing was due to a data input error
    by them when she made her last permit renewal in 2016. They apologised, gave her the correct documentation,
    which she then took to Saxharovo, where they confirmed the documentation was now satisfactory and
    that her permit would be ready within two months.

Two months have now elapsed but no sign of the permit. The only question now is, how does she establish what has
    become of the permit without another journey out to Saxharovo? This takes a full day
    there and back so is there any other way of verifying the state of play with her permit?
    She is not in the best of health so if there was some other way of establishing what has
    become of her application, that would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by Nijinsky; 17-04-2021 at 19:23.

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    Not necessarily, if you point out that they gave you the wrong information which may border on illegal then you may make so some progress. It is always better to take a Russian citizen with you, for you know translation. They don't want to look bad in front of their own country men. Have some balls and if they think this might go "viral"
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

The person in question is known for her patience and good manners.
    I have never known her to be rude or aggressive to anyone so I have no doubt that is not the issue.
    As I mentioned in the original post, she had been on multiple occasions to Saxharovo only to be
    told her documentation was still not correct, despite having completed several additional forms.
    Eventually, she was told to go to a local centre
    in Moscow where they discovered the problems she had been experiencing was due to a data input error
    by them when she made her last permit renewal in 2016. They apologised, gave her the correct documentation,
    which she then took to Saxharovo, where they confirmed the documentation was now satisfactory and
    that her permit would be ready within two months.

Two months have now elapsed but no sign of the permit. The only question now is, how does she establish what has
    become of the permit without another journey out to Saxharovo? This takes a full day
    there and back so is there any other way of verifying the state of play with her permit?
    She is not in the best of health so if there was some other way of establishing what has
    You are right, it was not fair to say she wasn't patient and all this is somehow her fault.

I can't think of any solution to a situation like this other than multiple visits to Sakharova and the local multi functional centers with a native speaker, patiently prying for answers until someone helps. We've all been through it so many times.

I was riding with a friend one time who like to drive very fast around Moscow, we went through a intersection screaming! He just started flashing his warning lights. The cop didn't do a thing. Psychological is the key to raping the world. If you don't feel like you have just been raped, have you?
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Two months have now elapsed and the only question is, how does she establish what has
    1) Go on their site and check for readiness, and/or
    2) Call the number that I posted above.

When it had gone past the 2-months they promised, I called and they said there was a backlog and that it would be ready soon and that I had nothing to worry about. I checked the site daily when waiting for mine and eventually it showed that it was ready for pickup. As I mentioned before, the indicated date of issuance was the day that they had accepted my application.

Many thanks to everyone for your helpful responses,
    they are much appreciated.