littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Testosterone Replacement Therapy

Testosterone Replacement Therapy

Hi Folks,

I'm quite fresh in Moscow, just moved in at the beginning o January.

I'm trying to understand all things relating healthcare here, but I am very interested to know if anyone had experience with TRT treatments in Russia. If yes, I would really appreciate sharing your experience about clinics and general costs.

Thanks!

On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    Quote Originally Posted by Djumbir View Post
    Hi Folks,

I'm trying to understand all things relating healthcare here, but I am very interested to know if anyone had experience with TRT treatments in Russia. If yes, I would really appreciate sharing your experience about clinics and general costs.

Thanks!
    Russia has a "two-tier" medical system, as far as I know. One is the public system, available at the hospital. The other is your private system, a doctor, who hangs out his shingle and has an office. The private system may be better quality. At the hospital one time, one medical "expert" suggested I get an operation, for a Baker's cyst. WRONG! Although the Baker's cyst is so painful you have to crutch around, it heals itself within a week. Also, they told me at the hospital that running the sonogram over an injury would help it heal faster... right and God didn't make little green apples, either.

For the best medical care, get married to a doctor.
    "Defund the Social Sciences." - Fantastika, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Djumbir View Post
    Hi Folks,

Thanks!
    Look for a good private clinic, not a state one, if your health is dear to you. Of course, in public hospitals, not all doctors are irresponsible ignoramuses, but do you really need to play Russian roulette with your health? Therefore, only private medicine. State at a very miserable level due to shitty funding.

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyLeslie View Post
    Look for a good private clinic, not a state one, if your health is dear to you. Of course, in public hospitals, not all doctors are irresponsible ignoramuses, but do you really need to play Russian roulette with your health? Therefore, only private medicine. State at a very miserable level due to shitty funding.
    I think other wise, but when using state hospitals tipping the doctors helps.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (14-04-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    i tend to agree with you. though i -tip - the head nurse or whatever FEMALE is there incharge. because, like in every hospital or clinic or medical practice, and not only in Russia, they are the way into the office to see the right doctor at the right time.A jar of GOOD coffee or tea is far more appreciated than money, and no one can accuse them of taking bribes...
    And at the end, when it is a complicated procedure, a GOOD bottle of Whisky,Vodka or Cognac goes also well down with the doctor.
    And these things will be remembered, should you be in need the next time...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

Freud (23-04-2021), TheInterocitor (14-04-2021), Uncle Wally (14-04-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    Even a tip is not very helpful, because often doctors are sitting in public hospitals either who have just graduated from a university, or those of pre-retirement age. Neither one nor the other do not take advanced training courses, do not go to conferences and do not master new methods - the state does not finance this.

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyLeslie View Post
    Even a tip is not very helpful, because often doctors are sitting in public hospitals either who have just graduated from a university, or those of pre-retirement age. Neither one nor the other do not take advanced training courses, do not go to conferences and do not master new methods - the state does not finance this.
    are you talking about the medical services in the USA?
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    are you talking about the medical services in the USA?
    I'm talking about medicine in Russia. There is no problem with this in the USA. And in Russia there are still many remnants of the USSR, the country has lagged behind in many areas for 20 years.