littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Passport translation for TRP - all pages needed?

Passport translation for TRP - all pages needed?

Hi, I have a notarized translation of my passport that I was planning to use for my TRP. It is only a translation of the main page. Has anyone heard of anyone being denied because they didn't have a translation of every page?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by overseasadventure View Post
    Hi, I have a notarized translation of my passport that I was planning to use for my TRP. It is only a translation of the main page. Has anyone heard of anyone being denied because they didn't have a translation of every page?

thanks
    FMS wants all pages copied and only relevant info translated. Your notary should know this and tell them it is for FMS.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Remington For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (28-03-2021)

when i still was in need for those things i always did 2 things.
    translated and copied, I told them i want COLOR copies. one for the whole passport, also from the back and front cover . ( the EU passport has at the end da -strichcode -, might be for some or the other use). and another one only with the main pages.

translated and with all the stamps and seals and what have you...

Than at home i made myself COPIES of all those things, again in color.
    When i went, either to -Sakharovo- or the local OBM, i handed in the COPY. But always hat the original copies and the original passport with me. Sakharovo and the local -OVIR- took then,after looking at everything, the passport with the main things translated only. When asked why, i got as a reply, what for do i need all the empty paper.

BUT as it did happen,i had a new passport with not any visas or stamps inside. Therefore i also took my -old - passport and the notarised translation, there the whole thing, because the passport was full.AND a copy of it.When at the OBM I was asked if i had been -nowhere - i showed him my old passport and explained what happened ( the old passport was expired and i got a new one...).
    Over the years i have learned, the more papers with stamps and things, the more happy -they - are. And i give th THEM the choice, saves me in the end to shuttle back and forward...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    when i still was in need for those things i always did 2 things.
    translated and copied, I told them i want COLOR copies. one for the whole passport, also from the back and front cover . ( the EU passport has at the end da -strichcode -, might be for some or the other use). and another one only with the main pages.

translated and with all the stamps and seals and what have you...

Than at home i made myself COPIES of all those things, again in color.
    When i went, either to -Sakharovo- or the local OBM, i handed in the COPY. But always hat the original copies and the original passport with me. Sakharovo and the local -OVIR- took then,after looking at everything, the passport with the main things translated only. When asked why, i got as a reply, what for do i need all the empty paper.

BUT as it did happen,i had a new passport with not any visas or stamps inside. Therefore i also took my -old - passport and the notarised translation, there the whole thing, because the passport was full.AND a copy of it.When at the OBM I was asked if i had been -nowhere - i showed him my old passport and explained what happened ( the old passport was expired and i got a new one...).
    Over the years i have learned, the more papers with stamps and things, the more happy -they - are. And i give th THEM the choice, saves me in the end to shuttle back and forward...
    Color copies are not required but its optional. All my copies from RVP to Citizenship are black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by Remington View Post
    Color copies are not required but its optional. All my copies from RVP to Citizenship are black and white.
    indeed they are not REQUIRED.not yet. but it will come. special the one page with you FACE on it...

At one point while applying for Russian citizenship, my application was rejected for reasons that had nothing to do with my passport translation. The inspector then looked through my documents and told me I needed every page of my passport translated, which I did.

When my final application was finally accepted, I didn't submit the translation of every page. Instead, the normal main page was accepted and I didn't use the translation of every page. Waste of time and money.

When my final application was finally accepted, I didn't submit the translation of every page. Instead, the normal main page was accepted and I didn't use the translation of every page. Waste of time and money.[/QUOTE]

suppose we all have our stories to tell. meaning, that every inspector in every office seems to have an own interpretation of what is wanted, needed, or should be...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

xt-tsi (29-03-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    At one point while applying for Russian citizenship, my application was rejected for reasons that had nothing to do with my passport translation. The inspector then looked through my documents and told me I needed every page of my passport translated, which I did.

When my final application was finally accepted, I didn't submit the translation of every page. Instead, the normal main page was accepted and I didn't use the translation of every page. Waste of time and money.
    Same with me when I submitted my citizenship application.

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    They check the foreign passport simultaneously with all pages copied translated, turning each page together.

Stamps, Russian visa pages aren't translated, just copies needed

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    They check the foreign passport simultaneously with all pages copied translated, turning each page together.

Stamps, Russian visa pages aren't translated, just copies needed
    when i did the translation of the new, still empty, no visa, no stamps, nothing, completed passport, the translator just wrote -pages x to y no entries - . and that was apparently how it is accepted..

When I did mine they definitely checked every page to make sure it was all in there and they also checked the date of the translation. If you get one new stamp in your passport, you need a new translation. Most of the problems I had with my documents were "issues" with translations.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to JonLDS For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (14-04-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by JonLDS View Post
    When I did mine they definitely checked every page to make sure it was all in there and they also checked the date of the translation. If you get one new stamp in your passport, you need a new translation. Most of the problems I had with my documents were "issues" with translations.
    best thing to do. and CHECK every page yourself so the translator has made no mistakes. after all THEY are also only humans... And get color copies from the translations. -they- will not take the original, but will want to see it. ( there are only two original documents -they- can take. the bankletter that shows your financial standing. and the police reference. but since both have an -expiry date - anyway, it does not matter.)

If anyone needs translation done, best place for it is at Liga, Vadim's team know what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    If anyone needs translation done, best place for it is at Liga, Vadim's team know what they are doing.
    it is a good place indeed. And Vadim is more than helpfull. Shows why they are still around after all these years...

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    it is a good place indeed. And Vadim is more than helpfull. Shows why they are still around after all these years...
    Vadim is the voice of reason, his team are very professional.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast