littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: water meters - checking, renewing the seals or installing new.ATTENTION fraudsters are around

water meters - checking, renewing the seals or installing new.ATTENTION fraudsters are around

there is more information on YANDEX in russian langauge. sorry i have no link

ONE- check the difference of the -Moscow- Seal. The original is in dark red. the fraudsters are economising on print and it turns out pale...

TWO- Should you have to install still new water meters, you call your housing estate first (ЖКУ). They will either come themselves. Tell you beforehand the name of the person who will come. And when he arrives he has an -Ausweis - and other documents...Or give you the name and phone number of a company that does OFFICIAL work for them.

THREE- Whoever does the work puts also a official seal on the hot and cold water meters. Price? Well, since we did ours already 5 years ago, it will be for sure more this time. You will get also a phone number were to call should an issue arise. AND where YOU call YOURSELF when the time comes to renew the seals.ЖКУ, the -housing estate - do not call, neither do they send out reminders...Also, the company who installed the meters will never call or remind you that time is up for a check. ( the last 2 weeks we got about 15 calls -reminding - us that it is time to have the meters checked..) I told them they can come, at a special time and i will wait for them.With the local police...

FOUR. We paz this time 500 rubles for one meter to be checked and a new seal attached. these clowns will give a -special price - of 1000 Rubles...\by the way the seal and check should be once every 5 years. (at least it is here in Moscow like that)

attached the fake letter. and see the difference in the red color of an official Moscow bill and the fake one. ( i have blackened all private information...)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

americaninmoscow (23-04-2021)

If you have an account in mos.ru, you can submit the meters data monthly and both hot and cold meters have unique ID numbers in the webpage, plus small (i) icon near each of them. Clicking on the icon, you'll see next metrology date.
    Last edited by FatAndy; 22-04-2021 at 20:14.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (23-04-2021)

I never in 25 years of living in Moscow had a water meter checked. We did have one just a few months after we moved into our new flat because the numbers we sent in were the same for 3 months. They came checked, replaced the meter and I don't remember any charges.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    If you have an account in mos.ru, you can submit the meters data monthly and both hot and cold meters have unique ID numbers in the webpage, plus small (i) icon near each of them. Clicking on the icon, you'll see next metrology date.
    it is NOT about the monthly payment for the use of water. under -normal - circumstances the use of water,hot or cold, was divided by the number of apartments and people who were registered there. because those were known numbers. But there are places, and plenty of them, even in our house, were one has only the owner as ONE registered. but the person sublets, and NOT registering the people, his palace to 10 or 15 people. who all have showers, use the toilet and so forth.... therefore the Municipality decided to install water meters. and WE for instance are paying less than half for water what we had paid before we had meters installed. WE pay only for what we are using. reading the meters ourselves and indeed paying by handy over the internet. ( so we do for electricity or other utilities.) but despite that there are still people around who want to bypass the meters. -adding- connections BEFORE the meter... there is not much that i have not seen the last 15 years we live in Strogino. ( when doing a -kap remont- one can find cables and pipes and things that one can not dream of in his wildest dreams...) when still living in another part of town, i was offered - for a small fee- ( that time Stockmann and the likes was available not to everyone...), a few bottles of good import Vodka, to have the electricity counter only run half month. and have it running for the rest of the moth so slow,if would have been using one 20 Watt light bulb...

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    I never in 25 years of living in Moscow had a water meter checked. We did have one just a few months after we moved into our new flat because the numbers we sent in were the same for 3 months. They came checked, replaced the meter and I don't remember any charges.
    when replacing an obvious faulty meter it was most probably a factory dud. so obvious they replaced it free of charge. and got a new one from the factory.