littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Face Pay!

Face Pay!

You will soon be able to just walk on the metro without a ticket! The metro plans to use a facial reconnection system for payment. The system is already up and running but hasn't been implemented for payment, it has caught some 900 people wanted by the police though.

https://www.rt.com/russia/517085-mos...zen.yandex.com
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    You will soon be able to just walk on the metro without a ticket! The metro plans to use a facial reconnection system for payment. The system is already up and running but hasn't been implemented for payment, it has caught some 900 people wanted by the police though.

https://www.rt.com/russia/517085-mos...zen.yandex.com
    but the most important thing they dont say. how much is the price for one ticket? what about that -90 Minute - limit?( you come with ONE public transport and use within 90 minutes another one, like Metro from town. and then the Bus or tram for a few stops...) you get basically a 5 % discount...but suppose there must be progress, so be it...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

God help us.

Quote Originally Posted by rusmeister View Post
    God help us.
    remember the first lockdown last year? where you had to register your car if you want to drive somewhere? so they got the cameras already.... wonder though whose faces they will put into the system first?anyone who is using somethign with a photo on it already? pensineers? scholars? people wearing any kind of uniform? they all travel free anyway but need to -tap - their cards onto the yellow dot so the turnstiles do open. -Rome wasn't built in one day - ....

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

rusmeister (07-03-2021), xt-tsi (07-03-2021)

What begins in our reaching what is convenient for us ends in being used against us by what is convenient for others (especially the government).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rusmeister For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (07-03-2021)

On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    Quote Originally Posted by rusmeister View Post
    What begins in our reaching what is convenient for us ends in being used against us by what is convenient for others (especially the government).
    Don't you think that the government does need to intrude on our privacy somewhat, because of technology?

We are in an advanced technology age. It's possible that your neighbor could be working on the next Chinese flu virus in his basement laboratory, or terrorists hiding somewhere, making a small nuke?
    "Defund the Social Sciences." - Fantastika, 2020

Frightening. But convenient.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (07-03-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    but the most important thing they dont say. how much is the price for one ticket? what about that -90 Minute - limit?( you come with ONE public transport and use within 90 minutes another one, like Metro from town. and then the Bus or tram for a few stops...) you get basically a 5 % discount...but suppose there must be progress, so be it...
    They could do the same for busses. Face recognition cameras are already set up all over the city, this is how they caught people with Covid leaving their homes.

I've also found that vk.com is asking me to confirm my friends in photos on the site.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    Frightening. But convenient.
    Yes it is! The most frightening thing is that it can not only tell who you are by your face but also by the way you walk. Have you ever noticed that you can tell its your friend from far away walking toward you just by their gate, the way they walk? I have, but there are ways to fool the cameras. I read an article about a guy who made very realistic masks that would be very hard to tell it was a mask unless you were very close to them. Then you can put a small rock in your shoe or put a brace on one leg that makes you limp a bit so you don't walk the way you normally do. Technology can be fooled just as it can fool us.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    They could do the same for busses. Face recognition cameras are already set up all over the city, this is how they caught people with Covid leaving their homes.

I've also found that vk.com is asking me to confirm my friends in photos on the site.
    Some smart phones use Facial Recognition which is linked to a known individual - with whom is this information shared?

Screenshots and Voice Recognition from FaceTime / Skype / WhatsApp calls etc can also be captured and made available for adding to data bases.......
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to TolkoRaz For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (07-03-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by TolkoRaz View Post
    Some smart phones use Facial Recognition which is linked to a known individual - with whom is this information shared?

Screenshots and Voice Recognition from FaceTime / Skype / WhatsApp calls etc can also be captured and made available for adding to data bases.......
    That's right and the iPhone has a 3D facial system that gives a very accurate photo. Microsoft is working on a program that will allow you to "talk to dead people". They take know voice recordings and chop up the sounds so they can put them back together and form any words they need. This can also be used with live people to make it seem like they said something they didn't and nobody could tell the difference. Deep fake video is getting better and better so anyone can be faked.

Technology can be fooled just as it can fool us.[/QUOTE]

if you do all those things maybe -you - have somethign to hide? would it bother me if the law comes after them? not a bit... and if i really want to, now it is winter, a polo neck up to my nose, no need for a mask, the hood of my parka deep in my face. np camera can recognise me... same in summer, a hoodie, sunglasses, a poloneck, and let the camera guess... as long as those things let me open the refrigerator in the morning for my toast and yogurt. and SIRI will not tell me -it is you diat day today, water and bread for you...-

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    Technology can be fooled just as it can fool us.

if you do all those things maybe -you - have somethign to hide? would it bother me if the law comes after them? not a bit... and if i really want to, now it is winter, a polo neck up to my nose, no need for a mask, the hood of my parka deep in my face. np camera can recognise me... same in summer, a hoodie, sunglasses, a poloneck, and let the camera guess... as long as those things let me open the refrigerator in the morning for my toast and yogurt. and SIRI will not tell me -it is you diat day today, water and bread for you...-[/QUOTE]

Ben you can hide your face all you want but they can also tell its you by the way you walk, they will also know which building you came out of and maybe the apartment.

To all the people who say "I've got nothing to hide, I don't do anything wrong". It's not you that gets to decide what is right and what is wrong.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

rusmeister (08-03-2021)

Ben you can hide your face all you want but they can also tell its you by the way you walk, they will also know which building you came out of and maybe the apartment.

we have cameras at each and every entrance door to our buildings. we have cameras showing and aiming at every childrens playground. i dont know, or care, how long the images are being kept. the -otcheskovo - said, thy are played over every 24 hours.and i heard, though i never tried it, if you press the code on the -domophone - wrong 3 times, the door does not open and a photo of you is being taken...