littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Wow, I hadn't even heard of Wildberry's before last year!

Wow, I hadn't even heard of Wildberry's before last year!

And now it is the darling of the International Business Media:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...al-competitors

My only experience is seeing it in a ground-floor storefront of a modern apartment building (St. Pete). I thought it was a sweets shop that interestingly did not have any sweets merchandise, LOL.

Does this mean it's beating Юлмарт?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swampwiz For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (26-02-2021), bydand (27-02-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by swampwiz View Post

My only experience is seeing it in a ground-floor storefront of a modern apartment building (St. Pete). I thought it was a sweets shop that interestingly did not have any sweets merchandise, LOL.

Does this mean it's beating Юлмарт?
    I wish my wife never heard of it but she has and unfortunately we have one in our small town. When she's bored she just flips through the app.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

bydand (27-02-2021)

[QUOTE=swampwiz;1498156]And now it is the darling of the International Business Media:

when the going gets tough, the tough get going... from the looks of it that is what Russia always needs. a crisis, sanctions and then they stick together, spit into their hands and work. CHEESE is the best answer for that... now i just hope they finally do also somethign with the WINE. so the French can keep their plonk.And Napa Valley is not much better either...and last but not least, get the LOCAL automotive industry going once more. NOT imported parts glued together locally. but locally made local cars... as a middle class sedan, the VOLGA comes to my mind... the Russians are selling rocket engines that were made during the 70th last century, mothballed, now selling them to the USA. They got the Sputnic V vaccine together. fair enough on somethign they are using already the last 40 years. so producing a good local car is no rocket science?
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    Well, I hope somebody does something about the outrageous cost of shipping from US to Russia.
    "Defund the Social Sciences." - Fantastika, 2020

We found out that one of our customers, sold some of our bags through Wildberries in Germany!

I think the big success is because if you, for instance order clothes, you can try them on in a local shop and if you don't want them it costs nothing, no return shipping or restock fees. Great model.
    If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bydand For This Useful Post:

americaninmoscow (07-03-2021), Uncle Wally (28-02-2021)

On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    Quote Originally Posted by bydand View Post
    We found out that one of our customers, sold some of our bags through Wildberries in Germany!

I think the big success is because if you, for instance order clothes, you can try them on in a local shop and if you don't want them it costs nothing, no return shipping or restock fees. Great model.
    I stopped selling shoes on Ebay because I don't want to spend $20 just for the buyer to try on a pair of shoes...$10 shipping after purchase, customer returns them for refund with another $10 shipping (which I pay), "They're too small..."
    "Defund the Social Sciences." - Fantastika, 2020

[QUOTE=Benedikt;1498160]

when the going gets tough, the tough get going... from the looks of it that is what Russia always needs. a crisis, sanctions and then they stick together, spit into their hands and work. CHEESE is the best answer for that... now i just hope they finally do also somethign with the WINE. so the French can keep their plonk.And Napa Valley is not much better either...and last but not least, get the LOCAL automotive industry going once more. NOT imported parts glued together locally. but locally made local cars... as a middle class sedan, the VOLGA comes to my mind... the Russians are selling rocket engines that were made during the 70th last century, mothballed, now selling them to the USA. They got the Sputnic V vaccine together. fair enough on somethign they are using already the last 40 years. so producing a good local car is no rocket science?
    Refusal to import Pamezan and Philadelphia cheese is just the height of insanity. The quality of the Russian car industry has stopped at the level of the 90s of the last century. They organize parades on Victory Day, showing military equipment developed during the Soviet era. As for the quality of the COVID vaccine, there are even more questions and doubts. But personally, if I was faced with a choice - to be vaccinated with a drug from a country that is 30-40 years behind in development, or not to receive a vaccine against COVID at all, then I would choose the second option.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SunnyLeslie For This Useful Post:

TheInterocitor (03-03-2021)

[QUOTE=SunnyLeslie;1498242]
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]

Refusal to import Pamezan and Philadelphia cheese is just the height of insanity. The quality of the Russian car industry has stopped at the level of the 90s of the last century. They organize parades on Victory Day, showing military equipment developed during the Soviet era. As for the quality of the COVID vaccine, there are even more questions and doubts. But personally, if I was faced with a choice - to be vaccinated with a drug from a country that is 30-40 years behind in development, or not to receive a vaccine against COVID at all, then I would choose the second option.
    You must not be paying attention. Russia's military equipment is some of the best in the world, with a new tank platform, S400 anti aircraft and a new SU 57 fighter jet and Russia is still the best way to safely get to space and the space station. As far as cars and trucks Lada has been turning out some more modern cars and VAZ puts out some good 4X4 and heavy trucks that win races because they are so durable and tough. Oh and there are other brands of cream cheese and you can find good Italian cheese made in Russia by Italians. Sputnik V is the safest vaccine out there with a 90% success rate with no adverse effects.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (04-03-2021), xp@ (03-03-2021)

[QUOTE=Uncle Wally;1498244][QUOTE=SunnyLeslie;1498242]

You must not be paying attention.

wonder though why KAMAZ ( in the truck section) is winning since YEARS every - rally - in their class. Why the USA is STILL buying Russian rocket engines that were mothballed in the 70s and are still working perfectly? why Elon Musk is STILL very seldom to ver manages the get a rocket into orbit. and why most Astronauts for sure fly with Russian rockets to the International space station.
    and Philly cream cheese? i get me -lab- ( that is needed to make cheese) from a certain chemist shop that has all those things. and with good milk make it at home. same as i do my own yogurt or Kefir. it is no atomic science.
    no parmesan from italy/ what a shame. long before any sanctions i was working with -Chugas - ( can also be pronounced JOUGAS) cheese. As good as Parmesan, though like with many things a -copyright thing- the factory was not allowed to call it Parmesan...
    And just because in the past the Soviet Union had lousy cars, one can not compare them to what is being made now.
    And for the Sputnik vaccine.. If it was that abd, i wonder why they have contracts i nover 40 counties now. why they dont go for Moderna or Pfizer or AstraZeneca? Hungary, an EU country is importing Sputnik,OVER the objections from the EU.And so is Serbia, though still a non EU country. German and Austrias Kanzler, Merkel and Kury, are in more than talks, to get Sputnik in their countries. And millions of doses, correctly or not, of Atra vaccines are floating around unused, because people are just refusing to get vaccinated with the stuff. A ver well known german Professor called it even a -second class - vaccine ( though for reasons that are not the same as he is being -quoted - in the yellow press).
    making Russia bad on EVERYTHING they do will not make the USA or the EU look better. And as we all know, sanctions never had really worked. just look back at your own prohibition. who made all the money? the Mafia and -rumrunners -. One of them who was the father of JFK...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (04-03-2021)