littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: The 'Free market' in Texas: $11,000 power bill for the month, 300 times higher"

A very small ice cave in the Arctic circle

The 'Free market' in Texas: $11,000 power bill for the month, 300 times higher"

It's really amazing the way americans promote the free market, when the results look like this:

See the article, this society can't even provide electricity for themselves and then they want to export freedom gas to Europe to save them from Russia

I saw another article where they said Texas banned gas exports to Mexico.

So they want Europe to take their gas, that is more expensive, that they will shut off in the blink of an eye with an "america first' attitude when the going gets tough.

https://www.rt.com/usa/516183-texas-...ctricity-bill/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rumple_stilskin For This Useful Post:

Judge (21-02-2021)

Perhaps Russia could consider sending a gas tanker to Texas as a humanitarian gesture?

In the article below, Mexico was not impressed.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-m...-idUSKBN2AI05C

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rumple_stilskin For This Useful Post:

Judge (21-02-2021), swampwiz (23-02-2021)

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    To top it all off, you could not make this up even if you tried, one of the main senators who has been pushing for sanctions to stop Nord Stream 2, the senator from Texas Ted Cruz, so that his state can supply Europe with LNG , he goes on holiday to Mexico whilst people in his state are freezing to death.

https://www.businessinsider.com/sena...hoto-op-2021-2

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:

rumple_stilskin (22-02-2021), swampwiz (23-02-2021)

On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    To top it all off, you could not make this up even if you tried, one of the main senators who has been pushing for sanctions to stop Nord Stream 2, the senator from Texas Ted Cruz, so that his state can supply Europe with LNG , he goes on holiday to Mexico whilst people in his state are freezing to death.

https://www.businessinsider.com/sena...hoto-op-2021-2
    That story made "news" only because he's a Republican. And the media used it to push Cuomo's ineptness that caused 20,000 premature deaths from Covid, off the front page. Obviously, he wasn't on holiday, that's a lie. He did take his daughters out of state while the weather went into deep freeze. I would do the same for my family.

Lot of frozen pipes around here after 4 consecutive days of -15, -20 (Celsius) weather. My neighbor was staying at his girlfriend's house while the water in his house was frozen. When he came back, he found one of the pipes had burst, gushing water for two days. He's looking at $500 water bill.
    "Defund the Social Sciences." - Fantastika, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    That story made "news" only because he's a Republican. And the media used it to push Cuomo's ineptness that caused 20,000 premature deaths from Covid, off the front page. Obviously, he wasn't on holiday, that's a lie. He did take his daughters out of state while the weather went into deep freeze. I would do the same for my family.

Lot of frozen pipes around here after 4 consecutive days of -15, -20 (Celsius) weather. My neighbor was staying at his girlfriend's house while the water in his house was frozen. When he came back, he found one of the pipes had burst, gushing water for two days. He's looking at $500 water bill.
    and no one know beforehand, even for a few hours, what was coming. to take precautions? now push it all off to the state, to the governor, to the utility company ( someone is suing them for the death of their kid i ns trailer for 100 Millions...). - normally - we do not need interference, we are the people, we are the nation, we love our freedom, we do what we want.... but when the shit hits the fan, it is the state, the governor, the utilities and god and the world, mainly of occurs the Russians, to blame for all their woes.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

The captain does not abandon ship in the middle of the storm. If the ship needs to abandoned, he is the last to leave. Below are articles of the ilk Cruz finds himself in.

It's quite common for our 'elite' to be the worms of society, with not an honorable bone in their bodies. Whether it be fraud college applications for their spoilt brats, or draft dodging(Dotard#1) etc. Dotards draft dodging may have been forgiven if he had an antiwar principle, but it wasn't this at all but pure selfishness. (raining cruise missiles down on Syria the first chance he got demonstrates no antiwar principles, just he doesn't want to be on the front-line himself)

For an elected official to blame his daughters is pathetic. You actually repeat that lame excuse?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...lf-into-prison

https://www.nytimes.com/1991/08/06/w...hip-early.html

https://www.npr.org/2014/04/18/30454...een-as-a-crime

Quote Originally Posted by rumple_stilskin View Post
    The captain does not abandon ship in the middle of the storm. If the ship needs to abandoned, he is the last to leave. Below are articles of the ilk Cruz finds himself in.

It's quite common for our 'elite' to be the worms of society, with not an honorable bone in their bodies. Whether it be fraud college applications for their spoilt brats, or draft dodging(Dotard#1) etc. Dotards draft dodging may have been forgiven if he had an antiwar principle, but it wasn't this at all but pure selfishness. (raining cruise missiles down on Syria the first chance he got demonstrates no antiwar principles, just he doesn't want to be on the front-line himself)

For an elected official to blame his daughters is pathetic. You actually repeat that lame excuse?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...lf-into-prison

https://www.nytimes.com/1991/08/06/w...hip-early.html

https://www.npr.org/2014/04/18/30454...een-as-a-crime
    NPR, The New York Times, the Guardian...

When you read hate speech, it fills you up with hate.

That's not an accusation, I'm just wondering why you continue to read this "news" when you know how it makes you feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    and no one know beforehand, even for a few hours, what was coming. to take precautions? now push it all off to the state, to the governor, to the utility company ( someone is suing them for the death of their kid i ns trailer for 100 Millions...). - normally - we do not need interference, we are the people, we are the nation, we love our freedom, we do what we want.... but when the shit hits the fan, it is the state, the governor, the utilities and god and the world, mainly of occurs the Russians, to blame for all their woes.
    It's a corrupt system, and attorneys are the termites eating away at the construction of our society.

It will get better when honesty is restored to its rightful place in our institutions.

For the debacle in Texas, I would blame the technology 'experts" and scientists. The engineers who constructed the wind towers that failed to operate in extreme cold temperatures, thus depriving the people of electrical power (and heat).

And the environmentalists, who pushed for the construction of the wind towers and the elimination of fossil fuel-powered energy, in their obsession and scare-mongering about "climate change."

We are ultimately at the mercy of Mother Nature. The Japanese engineers who built a nuclear power plant on the edge of the seas, and that area became radioactive after an earthquake, they know this.

Every 20,000 years, the earth undergoes an "Ice Age". The glaciers expand and grow, the frozen sheets cover the earth down to Mexico from the north. They swallow Argentina from the south. Geologists can point to 4 Ice Ages, in the past 100,000 years. Most of the earth is coated with a mile-high layer of ice. The temperature never goes above zero.

What causes these "Ice Ages"? Changes in the sun? What physical cycles does the sun follow, our eternal furnace? Sunspots appear every 11 years, and we know this affects our planet. There are other periodic changes the sun undergoes. And how do those gravitational and temperature alterations affect the planets? The moon and sun affect our tidal waters How does our movement through the solar system, the solar system's movement through the galaxy, the galaxy's spinning on its axis, how do these things affect our planet? We could even be clobbered at any time by an asteroid, such as the one that wiped out the dinosaurs.

It's hubris to maintain that we can control the behavior of the earth, the sun, the nearby universe...

You all missed that Texas in their great wisdom blocked electricity coming in from other states so they would have a monopoly. If they didn't ban power companies from other states hooking up to their electricity grid they could have increased the power from other companies and there wouldn't have been any problem.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

I'm at a latitude along the lines of Texas, and I've had pipes burst in the cold, but the spill was never enough to go over my standard allotted amount (3000 gal/mo). I capped one busted pipe (it was an outside faucet) and had the other one (the hot line!) replaced with PETE, which expands enough to bow out when the water freezes. The cold water line is galvanized steel, and it seems to be indestructible, even when it freezes.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to swampwiz For This Useful Post:

TheInterocitor (23-02-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    You all missed that Texas in their great wisdom blocked electricity coming in from other states so they would have a monopoly. If they didn't ban power companies from other states hooking up to their electricity grid they could have increased the power from other companies and there wouldn't have been any problem.
    Where are you getting this from?

It is true Texas does not want to be part of the "blackout-sharing" group of states. Why should you have to pay for someone else's mistakes and poor planning?

What happened in Texas is Joe Biden and his Leftist cult of environmentalist wackos screwing things up again. They ordered the closure of oil and natural-gas powered plants and forced Texas to rely on wind and solar - which were frozen.

/articles/NOW WE KNOW WHAT JOE BIDEN"S "DARK WINTER" WAS ALL ABOUT

After (Texas Governor) Abbott declared a state of emergency, Joe Biden ordered ERCOT to throttle energy production so that they didn’t put too much carbon in the air. Here’s the exact quote from Joe Biden’s emergency order 202-21-1, in which he forced ERCOT to shut off the power:

“To minimize adverse environmental impacts, this order limits operation of dispatched units to the times and within the parameters determined by ERCOT for reliability purposes.”

LIMITS operation.

In other words, shut down the coal and natural gas production if it’s going to exceed Joe Biden’s ridiculous emissions standards. As Texans were freezing to death in their homes, Joe Biden’s weird weather cult was more worried about what temperatures are going to be like in the year 2147.

The large cities in Texas that lost power are in the worst possible shape. There’s raw sewage in the streets from main lines that burst. People are having to boil water, because the tap water is unsafe. And they’re still finding bodies of people that froze to death several days ago.

Some of the damage that Texas went through would have happened regardless. Pipes always freeze when temperatures drop that much. But when the temperature drops and you can’t keep the power on because of adherence to the global warming cult’s doctrines – that’s a bigger problem.