littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30

Thread: Полис ОМС and vaccine

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Moscow Region
    Posts
    10
    Thanked: 0

    Полис ОМС and vaccine

    I am thinking of getting vaccinated. I would guess that to get a vaccine in a state clinic I will need a Полис ОМС - this is a document of mandatory state insurance which entitles you to free treatment in government clinics. It seems like a good idea to get such a document anyway.

    This scheme is run by the Federal Fund for Compulsory Medical Insurance but actual certificates are issued by contracted private companies.

    The FAQ page of the Federal Fund for Compulsory Medical Insurance makes it very clear that Foreign Citizens even those residing temporarily in Russia can get such a policy if they pay Social Insurance (which my employer does). http://www.ffoms.gov.ru/for-citizens...-na-polis-oms/

    Somewhat frustratingly the accountant at my company who deals with visa matters has been convinced by the agency which issues the certificates that they don't issue them to foreigners. There is a rather amusing discussion (for those interested in language points) about the difference between проживающий and пребывающий - but to my mind the web page is pretty clear; foreigners who are here temporarily can get such a policy. (if it was dependent on TRP then they would say that).

    Does anyone have any experience of a) getting a state medical insurance certificate and b) getting a vaccine in a state clinic? What documents were necessary in either case?

    Thanks a lot

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    here,since many years
    Posts
    21,599
    Thanked: 5034
    Does anyone have any experience of a) getting a state medical insurance certificate and b) getting a vaccine in a state clinic? What documents were necessary in either case?

    Thanks a lot[/QUOTE]


    i do. despite the fact that i am a foreigner. I live in Moscow and have the PRP here. that entitles me to that free -state - insurance police. In Moscow it is MAKS that is the insurer.https://www.facebook.com/group. Makc it does pay indeed for the vaccination. BUT you need an appointment at a clinic that does the vaccinations. and that might not be -your - Poliklinik. read up here also if you want https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2021/...-feb-16-a69117
    and how to get that certificate? well, your passport, PRP, and that is all. it is for free. BUt you get it for one year only.MAKS wants to see if - you- are still around.... in my case, i have the insurance since quite a few years, i get an SMS mid december to come and see them. i get there a -temporary - insurance policy. and when the paper is ready, after the New Year Holidays, i get an SMS to collect it... That is all. you write you live in Moscow region, suppose you go to their homepage find out where the nearest office is. no need to schlepp all the way to the center of Moscow..https://www.mos.ru/en/city/projects/covid-19/ read up also here if you want.

    by the way, i got my second shot of Sputnik V on the 9th of february. with no side effects. that is no fever, vomiting, headaches, or whatever other - horrors - one could get.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Moscow Region
    Posts
    10
    Thanked: 0
    Thanks Benedikt -interesting to hear that you had no side-effects from Sputnik. As far as the insurance policy goes you say you have PRP which I take to mean вид на жительство or permanent residency. I am just here on a Work Visa. I wonder if you - or anyone knows anything about the insurance or the vaccine for people without PRP?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    232
    Thanked: 32
    OMC is available for Permanent or Temporary residents. People without residency status (ie those on visas) do not qualify for OMC. However, I believe that they are offering the vaccine to foreign students already and they don't necessarily have residency so perhaps you can still get it.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to kanga For This Useful Post:

    JustinWyllie (19-02-2021)

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    here,since many years
    Posts
    21,599
    Thanked: 5034
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinWyllie View Post
    Thanks Benedikt -interesting to hear that you had no side-effects from Sputnik. As far as the insurance policy goes you say you have PRP which I take to mean вид на жительство or permanent residency. I am just here on a Work Visa. I wonder if you - or anyone knows anything about the insurance or the vaccine for people without PRP?
    when i did my MAKS insurance i still was on -temporary residence permit-. but no problem there.вид на жительство IS PRP or permanent residence permit in english langauge. you also can get the jabs with a WORK VISA provided you are still her in about 3 Weeks time. that is the interval between the first and second shot. Though i do not know it that will be free or if you have to pay. that has someone else to answer who knows? here? at the Poliklinik? ( and i assume no need to ask, that you are legally registered and have ll the stamps?)and about the Insurance? MAKS? suppose that you also have to find out from them. If the cover Moscow only or also Moscow Oblast. THAT i also dont know...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

    JustinWyllie (19-02-2021)

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    764
    Thanked: 624
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinWyllie View Post
    Thanks Benedikt -interesting to hear that you had no side-effects from Sputnik. As far as the insurance policy goes you say you have PRP which I take to mean вид на жительство or permanent residency. I am just here on a Work Visa. I wonder if you - or anyone knows anything about the insurance or the vaccine for people without PRP?
    An American I know went to Detsky Mir near red square and got the sputnik V jab for free. No appointment. He has a tourist visa and doesn't have Russian medical insurance (OMS). So, it is worth a try. The only requirement is that your visa be in effect long enough to get two jabs. When I got the vaccine, I asked at my polyclinic and they said the same thing. Anyone with a long term visa can come in without an appointment and get vaccinated at any polyclinic offering the vaccine. Apparently, you have to wait your turn and get a leftover jab. You get a document saying you had the first one, qualifying you for the second shot.

    The OMS is issued by insurance companies. I used RESO https://www.reso.ru/ to get mine. If I were in your shoes, I'd go to your local RESO office and ask if you qualify. They work like a normal insurance office and are very professional. If you can get the OMS, have RESO print out the docs you need to apply. Give that printout to your accountant and instruct her to provide the paperwork. If not, RESO might offer some other insurance programs.

    My wife and I have had no side effects. My daughter had a slight temperature for a few hours after her first one. I'm going in today to see if I have the anti-bodies.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

    Benedikt (20-02-2021)

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    417
    Thanked: 231
    Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    My wife and I have had no side effects. My daughter had a slight temperature for a few hours after her first one. I'm going in today to see if I have the anti-bodies.
    After getting the second Sputnik shot in my local polyclinic and waiting 3 weeks, I tried to sign up online for an antibody test. The system, 'knowing' that I've been vaccinated, wouldn't let me make an appointment. There is a popup message telling you that they will not give you an antibody test if you have been vaccinated.

    There are apparently no antibody tests – not in the polyclinics, and not in the commercial labs (such as Invitro) – that will correctly show immunity that you get from vaccination. According to them, their tests are designed to show ONLY immunity that is acquired from actually having had the Covid-19 disease itself.

    Their explanation: When you have had the disease itself, your immune system produces antibodies to the WHOLE virus, and that is what they test for. When you get the vaccine, your immune system produces antibodies only to the proteins on the spikes which cover the Covid-19 virus. If you later are exposed to the actual virus, then your immune system attacks and destroys the spikes on the virus, making it unable to attach itself or invade your cells.

    There is a message on the Invitro site telling you that their antibody test is not suitable for showing any immunity that is acquired through vaccination.

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xp@ For This Useful Post:

    Benedikt (20-02-2021), FatAndy (19-02-2021), nicklcool (21-02-2021)

  12. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    There and back again
    Posts
    21,764
    Thanked: 3427
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinWyllie View Post

    Does anyone have any experience of a) getting a state medical insurance certificate and b) getting a vaccine in a state clinic? What documents were necessary in either case?

    Thanks a lot
    Well, at least you have to show passport with that visa which is long enough to cover second shot. There was info that many people who came without OMS card/policy into public vaccination points (see info in Russian where they're located https://www.mos.ru/city/projects/covid-19/privivka/ - Адреса и даты работы прививочных бригад ), including non-RF-citizens, received the first dose for free
    No appointment needed, live queue 10:00-21:00. Better to read about restrictions on the page by link above, and be able to answer doctor's questions in Russian (if any).
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

    JustinWyllie (19-02-2021)

  14. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    232
    Thanked: 32
    Quote Originally Posted by xp@ View Post
    After getting the second Sputnik shot in my local polyclinic and waiting 3 weeks, I tried to sign up online for an antibody test. The system, 'knowing' that I've been vaccinated, wouldn't let me make an appointment. There is a popup message telling you that they will not give you an antibody test if you have been vaccinated.

    There are apparently no antibody tests – not in the polyclinics, and not in the commercial labs (such as Invitro) – that will correctly show immunity that you get from vaccination. According to them, their tests are designed to show ONLY immunity that is acquired from actually having had the Covid-19 disease itself.

    Their explanation: When you have had the disease itself, your immune system produces antibodies to the WHOLE virus, and that is what they test for. When you get the vaccine, your immune system produces antibodies only to the proteins on the spikes which cover the Covid-19 virus. If you later are exposed to the actual virus, then your immune system attacks and destroys the spikes on the virus, making it unable to attach itself or invade your cells.

    There is a message on the Invitro site telling you that their antibody test is not suitable for showing any immunity that is acquired through vaccination.
    Helix offers a special test specifically for testing your antibody levels after the Sputnik V vaccination:

    https://helix.ru/covid-19

    [07-214] После вакцинации препаратом "Спутник V" (Центр Гамалеи), антитела к коронавирусу SARS‑CoV‑2, спайковый (S) белок, IgG, количественно

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kanga For This Useful Post:

    FatAndy (19-02-2021), xp@ (19-02-2021)

  16. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    417
    Thanked: 231
    Quote Originally Posted by kanga View Post
    Helix offers a special test specifically for testing your antibody levels after the Sputnik V vaccination:

    https://helix.ru/covid-19

    [07-214] После вакцинации препаратом "Спутник V" (Центр Гамалеи), антитела к коронавирусу SARS‑CoV‑2, спайковый (S) белок, IgG, количественно
    Thanks! Enquiring minds want to know.

  17. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Moscow Region
    Posts
    10
    Thanked: 0
    Hi Benedict - this confirms what I am beginning to think is the case - no ОМС or MAKS unless you have TRP or PRP - i.e. not for those like myself on a Work Visa. But I am guessing I should still be able to get a vaccine. The question now is how! If I find out I'll post back here. (I'm in Kuzbass Region).

  18. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    764
    Thanked: 624
    No tests for antibodies? I'm hoping to go to GEMA test tomorrow who claims they have one. Will see if it works.

    My surgeon got tested for antibodies and I trust him, medically. But perhaps I misunderstood him. Several others I know also got tested for antibodies....

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

    Benedikt (22-02-2021)

  20. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    417
    Thanked: 231
    Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    No tests for antibodies? I'm hoping to go to GEMA test tomorrow who claims they have one. Will see if it works.

    My surgeon got tested for antibodies and I trust him, medically. But perhaps I misunderstood him. Several others I know also got tested for antibodies....
    Looks like they have the right test - thanks! https://gemotest.ru/moskva/catalog/i...eytsariya-kol/

  21. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    here,since many years
    Posts
    21,599
    Thanked: 5034
    There is a message on the Invitro site telling you that their antibody test is not suitable for showing any immunity that is acquired through vaccination.[/QUOTE]


    that is correct. i got the same message when i tried INVITRO. so, dont waste your time, INVITRO won't take your money first and tell you later -no you have not or cannot -. but there might be other unscrupulous - organisations - around who might do it.count your blessings that you and yours have been vaccinated with no side effects. or a little fever as in the case of your daughter. said that, that does not mean one can throw away the masks and can run around like a wild lemming. i still take the same precautions as before...but know that ,hopefully, SHOULD it happen that i catch the bug,i will not end up as one of the statistics...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

  22. #15
    Judge's Avatar
    Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    19,763
    Thanked: 3734
    I got my OMC at my local "My document ".very easy to get, all you need to show is PRP, your forigen passport that needs to be translated, they give you a temporary paper whilst your yearly document is being prepared, wait for a text message then pick up the certificate in about two weeks time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •