littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: We are moving to Moscva

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

We are moving to Moscva

Hello my name is John and my wife's name is Oksana. My wife is from Saint Petersburg and we married there in the year 2000 , we are planning on moving to Moscow very soon like this summer. I have visited Moscow once for the embassy interview which was a nightmare to say the least and I have been to Saint Petersburg over a dozen times in the last 20 years so I am familiar with Russia to a degree and my wife is very familiar to since she lived there until she was 24. Her mother still lives in Saint P , her brother lives in Kaliningrad stationed on military base and her father works somewhere in far north near murmansk or something.

We are planning our move to Russia because I am 50 , she is 47 and as we near retirement age we want to establish residency there. It is my personal feelings that the USA is going down the toilet so to speak because now the lunatics are running the asylum.
    It's almost become a joke but let's not get into that.

So basically I am introducing myself and if anyone has any pointers for me in regards to the english speaking schools for my 12 year old daughter who does not speak Russian but we are both going to learn. Also I read that there are some bachelor degree programs at Russian Universities that are taught in english for my daughter when she gets ready for college. We are also looking purchase a flat 2 or 3 bedrooms hopefully and new construction prefered. Any pointers on how that all works . We have reached out to coldwell banker and Sotheby's reality and have seen a few listings but not quite sure of the process. Any pointers there would help

Also any pointers on having to file US taxes and what is the procedure to avoid paying double tax. Any pointers on good areas to live or more so what areas to avoid. We like to be not too far from downtown and don't want to be stuck out far away where it is a hassle to get to town for weekend adventures and to experience all the activities Moscow has to offer.

That's enough for now. I will inquire more as the time comes closer.

Spaciba Bolshoy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to srmmedia For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (09-02-2021)