littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: ROSKONTROL Himalaya pink salt: time to take off the pink coloured glasses?

ROSKONTROL Himalaya pink salt: time to take off the pink coloured glasses?

https://roscontrol.com/journal/artic...radusnik_vykin

in short, yes it is, because it is not worth THAT kind of price for what you get. and if it is -very cheap today, special price - you are not even sure that you might get just pink coloured rock salt... and most of the stuff does not even come from places that we would associate with -Himalayas-. Maybe it will look -cool- on the table to impress your guests.Might as well buy one container of black salt ( in Russia it is from Kostroma. at least THAT has some good things going for it). But for every day cooking use? -normal- table salt will do just fine. and once i na while, though on a regular basis, add some -iodised salt-.
    -Kosher salt- versus -normal- salt? if you are strict religious Jew and want everything -kashrut- so be it. It is your believe and law. that is good and so be it. but in a -normal - recipe and for every day use for -normal- people? i think it is not worth the extra $$ for the stamp on the packet or box...

( I still remember the times when ANY well within a 200 km radius of Borjomi in Georgia, bottled their water under that name. took the real thing a long and hard time to fight and get back their rights)
    why is there an -expire date - os alt? i mean, the stuff is 200 million years old? and should have expired long ago? when you look carefully there is no such a thing on -normal- salt. should it get wet or pull in some moisture it will become hard like a rock. but that it. brake it up and you have salt once more. but that table salt that comes so freely out of you salt shaker? it contains chemicals that WILL soak up moisture and keep the salt from clogging up those pesky little holes. and this chemicals have after need their - use best before - date and stamp. ... in hospitality did we ever use this, more often fairly pricy, salt? no, a few grains of rice, fresh ones once in a while, did the same trick....
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Помол №1 rulezz forever!
    9-16 rub/kg
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (28-01-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    Помол №1 rulezz forever!
    9-16 rub/kg
    the only one i also buy.and once in a while, because it looks really good, Kostroma black salt.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....