littleangels        English Nanny
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is Abortion Wrong? Or Not?

Quote Originally Posted by rusmeister View Post
    Iím not going to argue with willful foolishness.
    But you could anyway not resist the challenge?

Better be called a fool because I insist on my fellow humans right to freely decide what they will do with their life, even if it should be a women right to chose abortion. It is after all better than to be called clever and intelligent just because I believe, pray, and pay to the right god.

A person who does not want to know the truth cannot know it.
    So now the truth is coming from religious sources? Sorry but you should know that I am not a believer is such nonsense.

On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    If it's about "the woman has the right to do with her body as she chooses" then why is prostitution illegal or tightly regulated? It's her body, why can't she earn some money with it?

And men should also have the same "license" - by that standard, one should be able to put in their own mouth whatever they choose - be it beer, cocaine, heroin, arsenic or блины. It's my body, why can't I do what I want with it?
    "Defund the Social Sciences." - Fantastika, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    So now the truth is coming from religious sources? Sorry but you should know that I am not a believer is such nonsense.
    What is the purpose of religion? Why does it exist? Why did it originate?

Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    If it's about "the woman has the right to do with her body as she chooses" then why is prostitution illegal or tightly regulated?
    It may be where you live? But around here not that much, except that you are not allowed to run a brothel.

It's her body, why can't she earn some money with it?
    Exactly it is her body, she can do what ever she like within the limit of the law, just like men she can sell her body if she wants to, no difference.

And men should also have the same "license" - by that standard, one should be able to put in their own mouth whatever they choose - be it beer, cocaine, heroin, arsenic or блины. It's my body, why can't I do what I want with it?
    Within the limit of the law no problem.
    Stay stay from beer and alcohol, it is the most dangerous for you health.

What is the purpose of religion?
    Filling in a spiritual gap that some people need to be filled with something.

Why does it exist?
    Well some people need it.

Why did it originate?
    Some people needed it, and other people could see a chance to control other in that way, clever done, but it is pure BS.

Stay stay from beer and alcohol, it is the most dangerous for you health.
    If you had ever did cocaine, you would know how addicting it is, it is like candy to a child. And it quickly ruins your life, physically, mentally and financially.

On the other hand, my grandfather drank daily, whiskey, into his 90's. But he was Irish.

Within the limit of the law no problem.
    You are saying that following the law, whatever the law is, is the standard? So if the law is changed and the woman no longer has the "choice" of an abortion, then everything is okay?

BTW, I apologize for calling you and TR "Nazi's." You are obviously not Nazi's.

I think you are "materialists" - people who think everything can be explained by Science. But then, it's not ethical for me to categorize or evaluate other people, only myself. So sorry about that!

Filling in a spiritual gap that some people need to be filled with something.
    Are you saying there is a spiritual world?

Well some people need it.
    Why do they need it? And why do other people not need it?

Some people needed it, and other people could see a chance to control other in that way, clever done, but it is pure BS.
    Yes, there are some who are corrupt in religion, one can probably find corruption in any endeavor.

If you had ever did cocaine, you would know how addicting it is, it is like candy to a child. And it quickly ruins your life, physically, mentally and financially.
    The autopsy guy's says that alcohol damage your internal parts much more than other drugs do, it may be that the trade-off is a damage brain, but I am not sure, it could as well be the lifestyle that damage your brain/behaviour.

You are saying that following the law, whatever the law is, is the standard?
    As a base point, yes.

So if the law is changed and the woman no longer has the "choice" of an abortion, then everything is okay?
    If the law ban abortion then that is no longer a legal option.

I think you are "materialists" - people who think everything can be explained by Science.
    Many things can be explained with science, but other can't, that is why some people need religion, to fill the gap or give a better story to believe in than science.

Are you saying there is a spiritual world?
    Not the way I see the world, but other people do, and as long at they do not piss on my doorstep, or demand that the law should follow whatever their religion say, I am fine with that.

Why do they need it?
    Ask them, I can't really answer on their behave.

And why do other people not need it?
    From my point of view I do not need it, I am fine that there still is some things that had not been fully described by science.

Better be called a fool because I insist on my fellow humans right to freely decide what they will do with their life, even if it should be a women right to chose abortion. It is after all better than to be called clever and intelligent just because I believe, pray, and pay to the right god.

I say your idea is foolish (and believe you have the power to change your mind and abandon it) because the act of killing a baby, wherever it is, is PRECISELY a woman doing what she presumably wants NOT with her own life, but with somebody elseís life - the babyís. The videos I posted show this clearly. No one here has an intelligent argument against them, and they do not appeal to religion (which is how I know you havenít watched them). It makes you look foolish to any onlookers to suggest that I am arguing from a religious position.

At any rate, if you will not admit these things to be true, I say them for the peanut gallery, those who read silently. In the end, you can only fool those who WANT to be fooled, including yourself. One clear motivation to be dishonest with oneself (and I do not say it is your motivation) is that they have done it, and the horror of admitting what they have done can be crushing, making one prefer a lie to the truth. There is help for such people, organizations like ďAnd Then There Were NoneĒ and Choice42, which work to help people admit the truth and then put it in their past, if they will not talk to a priest and think religion to be of no help. Again, Iím not saying thatís you, but Iím just trying to see how a person would ignore an obvious truth that is right in front of their eyes.

When does the baby growing inside a woman become a life? Does a heart beat?
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

It is not just like getting a tooth pulled, first of all the health risk is much greater, serious complication can arise, and it is not an easy decision to go that route, and after the event there can come a lot of doubt about if it was the right decision.

Interesting, have not heard that one before, source to future info on that?

Is it wrong to respect a women's right to choose for her own life? Everything bad about abortion is sole on her, it is not on you as a man, your ride was/is free.
    But we all know that men knows better what is best for women., or is it more like: Men knows better what is best for men that women does with their life, to be a hardworking, faithful and beloved wife/servant/slave.

And we are some that should had been an abortion, but because it was illegal at that point in time we were born, was it good? in some cases it went on ok, in others is was a disaster. It is not about being for or against abortion, abortion can be an option to choose if all other options had failed, one option is that men are responsible when they want to have sex, if they were some abortions could had been avoided.
    Of course there are other cases where abortion can be the only right choice if the women want to have it, but it has to be the women's choice, not the man.
    https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...ng_hearts.html

There is more on this subject if you look for it. I remember one video where a doctor was saying that they tell the mother a baby had died but keep it alive until they find someone who needs the organs.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

rusmeister (25-01-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    When does the baby growing inside a woman become a life?
    I have already told you that, when the attachment to the mother is cut, then the thing is a "life" in its own right.

The autopsy guy's says that alcohol damage your internal parts much more than other drugs do, it may be that the trade-off is a damage brain, but I am not sure, it could as well be the lifestyle that damage your brain/behaviour.
    True, once you under a powerful addiction, you don't have much choice in your lifestyle. You are the effect of your lifestyle, not the reverse.

Many things can be explained with science, but other can't, that is why some people need religion, to fill the gap or give a better story to believe in than science.
    What things can't be explained by Science?

If the law ban abortion then that is no longer a legal option.
    So you are saying that "Following the Law" is the priority?

But, even if abortion were made illegal, that putting limits on "a woman's right to choose an abortion" would be "wrong"?

It would be unethical and/or immoral to ban abortion?

I don't understand where you are deriving your concepts of what's "good" and what's "bad." How do you discern "Right" from "Wrong" ?

For example, my neighbor accidentally drops a $100 bill on the lawn. I see him drop it, I wait until he goes into his house, then I am thinking, "I can pick it up and put it in my pocket, and he would never know. Cool! I would have an extra $100!" Is this right or wrong? Would it be stealing? How do I make a decision as to whether taking that $100 bill is right or wrong?

In general, how do people know what's right and what's wrong?

I have already told you that, when the attachment to the mother is cut, then the thing is a "life" in its own right.
    Sorry but a mother can died and the child inside her still live. Women have died during child birth and the baby lives also.

The "attachment" to a mother from a child is never cut.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

rusmeister (25-01-2021)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast