littleangels        English Nanny
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why is Abortion Wrong? Or Not?

On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    Not the way I see the world, but other people do, and as long at they do not piss on my doorstep, or demand that the law should follow whatever their religion say, I am fine with that.
    How does the law itself originate? Why does a society decide, for example, that it is "wrong" to steal, and then that society passes a law that makes "stealing" a crime?

Ask them, I can't really answer on their behave.
    I was trying to ascertain why you think other people think it is necessary (why they are needful of religion). Why do most Western (and Middle East, just about all world leaders except China) proclaim their faith in this or that religion?

From my point of view I do not need it, I am fine that there still is some things that had not been fully described by science.
    I agree. There are things that can not be explained by science.

How are these other things explained?
    "Defund the Social Sciences." - Fantastika, 2020

On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    I have already told you that, when the attachment to the mother is cut, then the thing is a "life" in its own right.
    Don't you find it disconcerting that a politician, or a panel of black-robed judges, can decide issues such as when "life" begins?

The 20th Century was full of leaders and politicians who decided who was "worthy" of life - Mao-Tse-Tong, Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Idi Amin, dictators in Asia, Japan, eugenicists in America, etc.

I don't trust other people, to decide if or when life should begin or under what conditions it should end. The purpose of Life is to survive.
    "Defund the Social Sciences." - Fantastika, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    How does the law itself originate?
    What point in time do you talk about? and where should we point the stick?

Why does a society decide, for example, that it is "wrong" to steal, and then that society passes a law that makes "stealing" a crime?
    To keep some sort of order in society, to prevent vigilantism.

I was trying to ascertain why you think other people think it is necessary (why they are needful of religion).
    From my talks with religious people I understand that religion give them some fixing points in life and they feel very comfortable to have these. They may have questions to life in general and specific that the law and the authority can't answer and their bible or whatever gives them the answer, and they need these answers, no peace in mind when there are open questions.

Why do most Western (and Middle East, just about all world leaders except China) proclaim their faith in this or that religion?
    They do, most of them? I think they do so because it sells whatever message they have better, "Vote for me, I have faith the same as you".

Do they need to be explained? For some they do and they have religion to do so, for me then I live fine with the fact that there are some things that have no explanation for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    Sorry but a mother can died and the child inside her still live.
    The child can't do anything on it's own, medical attention is for sure needed, it is also called cesarean section, and they need to act fast, and the time of birth (life begins) is the point in time where the physical connection from the mother is taking place, first then there is a "life" in its own right.

Women have died during child birth and the baby lives also.
    Read above Wally, the child can't do anything on it's own, it is a potential life that is all.

The "attachment" to a mother from a child is never cut.
    You know exactly what I mean by "cut", it is the cut of the umbilical cord.
    Wally, look at your birth certificate, it do not state the time of conception, it tells about the time of birth.

Thank you, interesting and scary too.

But I did see "federal law that mandates a fetus born with a beating heart is a human being equally entitled to protections under the law." Remark the word "born", could it be that you are first entitled to protections under the law, after you are born? I mean, no protections under the law before you are born?

Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post

I think the most effective response is not a constant torrent of words, but videos showing that babies inside the mother are in fact alive. Let the thread end on that. It is what someone who pretends to respect, but in fact denies the science that shows us that they are alive, fears the most and has no good response to. A little silence and pondering on that would be good for him and everyone else, rather than futile attempts at rational argument when rational thinking has already been short-circuited by the irrational determination to assert at all costs, and in defiance of all evidence, that the babies are not alive inside the womb - defying the fact that they have to be killed before they can get rid of them, and pretending that it is not killing. He has nothing to say to the visual evidence. Let him stew in that, and let others ponder the obvious truth of it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rusmeister For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (25-01-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by rusmeister View Post
    I think the most effective response is not a constant torrent of words, but videos showing that babies inside the mother are in fact alive. Let the thread end on that. It is what someone who pretends to respect, but in fact denies the science that shows us that they are alive, fears the most and has no good response to. A little silence and pondering on that would be good for him and everyone else, rather than futile attempts at rational argument when rational thinking has already been short-circuited by the irrational determination to assert at all costs, and in defiance of all evidence, that the babies are not alive inside the womb - defying the fact that they have to be killed before they can get rid of them, and pretending that it is not killing. He has nothing to say to the visual evidence. Let him stew in that, and let others ponder the obvious truth of it.
    Babies can and do react to people outside the mother. The can hear you and feel you.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rusmeister For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (26-01-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by rusmeister View Post
    My first kid was born at 7 months. He's 6 foot tall now.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

rusmeister (26-01-2021)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123