littleangels        English Nanny
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Remington acquired Russian citizenship

Quote Originally Posted by Remington View Post
    Don't need to get Russian license unless if you plan to use your car for commercial activities.
    So what is "commercial activities"? If I drive a company car from one company office to another company office, or just go the than local hardware store to buy a hammer for the company, is that a "commercial activity"? Of cause with all the stupid paper work done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    So what is "commercial activities"? If I drive a company car from one company office to another company office, or just go the than local hardware store to buy a hammer for the company, is that a "commercial activity"? Of cause with all the stupid paper work done.
    No. Bus driver, truck driver, taxi, delivery service or anything that involves making money using any vehicles. Company car does not count if just only driving from one office to another unless if you have 100 hammers in the box in the back of the car then that is considered commercial. Anyway this is getting off topic.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Remington For This Useful Post:

Hans.KK (19-01-2021)

Anyway this is getting off topic.
    You are right, but thank you anyway.
    The company I work for have two highly qualified lawyers (красный диплом), but they can, or do not want to, answer this question.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    You are right, but thank you anyway.
    The company I work for have two highly qualified lawyers (красный диплом), but they can, or do not want to, answer this question.
    As you know Russian laws are often not black and white. It's usually up to local or regional officials to interpret it so that's why lawyers can't give a clear answer.

That is useful info about the GAI not being able to demand a passport be shown. Thanks, good to know.

My two daughters have US driver's licenses and have had them translated into Russian and notarized. Driving without problems in Moscow.

The test to get a Russian driver's license is very difficult to pass. Need to say, this opens the door to arrange a cash payment, which is dicey and increasingly expensive.

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    He's doing his bit for the Russian population......which needs a boost, this easy way to Russian citizenship kinda helps,would be interesting to see the new numbers next year.
    New numbers released.

With Russia seeking to increase its population, the Kremlin has looked towards former Soviet nations as a source of migrants. The plan seems to have come to fruition in 2020, with 409,549 Ukrainians receiving a Russian passport.
    Last year’s figures are an almost 40 percent increase on 2019’s, and mean the number of Ukrainian citizens who obtained Russian documents in the past four years is nearing the one million mark, at almost 900,000. The increased uptake in Russian nationality began in April 2019, when President Vladimir Putin signed a decree making it easier for residents of the unrecognized Donetsk and Lugansk People’s Republics to receive a passport. The breakaway regions are internationally recognized as part of Ukraine, including by Moscow.

The process was eased even further in 2020, when the government canceled the requirement to take a language exam if the applicant is Ukrainian or Belarusian. With these two simplifications, 2020’s figure of 409,549 is significantly larger than 299,422 of 2019.
    With a declining native population, attracting new citizens is a priority of the Russian government. In 2019, Putin created a working group with the aim of attracting as many new citizens as possible to Russia through migration schemes and by reforming the citizenship rules.

Moscow’s move to liberalize citizenship process, more than 400,000 Ukrainians received Russian passports in 2020 — RT Russia & Former Soviet Union https://www.rt.com/russia/513813-pas...nship-process/

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:

xt-tsi (29-01-2021)

Update...

Last Thursday, I went to FMS to de-register my ВНЖ and cancel the ВНЖ stamp in my US passport. Today, I submitted my application for Russian internal passport. The following docs I submitted with my passport application: copy of my ВНЖ, copy of my Russian marriage certificate, copy of my Russian kid's birth certificate, copy of my US birth certificate translated to Russian, my ВНЖ booklet and state duty receipt of 300 rubles. I took all my original docs with me just in case if they ask for it which they didn't. I will get my passport in 10 days. Due to covid, my visit to FMS is by appointments only.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Remington For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (02-02-2021), rusmeister (01-02-2021), xp@ (01-02-2021)

Update...

Last Thursday, I went to FMS to de-register my ВНЖ and cancel the ВНЖ stamp in my US passport. Today, I submitted my application for Russian internal passport. The following docs I submitted with my passport application: copy of my ВНЖ, copy of my Russian marriage certificate, copy of my Russian kid's birth certificate, copy of my US birth certificate translated to Russian, my ВНЖ booklet and state duty receipt of 300 rubles. I took all my original docs with me just in case if they ask for it which they didn't. I will get my passport in 10 days. Due to covid, my visit to FMS is by appointments only.
    I'm waiting my 90 days at the moment and of course have questions.

1. Do you remember on what day they phoned you, to tell you it was ready?
    2. In terms of making appointments, did many have long waiting days? I think a two week delay from asking for an appointment to submitting the citizenship application.
    3. Any estimate on how long it'll be be before you have the zagran passport?

Thanks
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by pcrowley View Post
    At pre-COVID times they announced 3 mo for first zagran of RF citizenship newcomers and 1 mo for the first zagran for "old" RF citizens, from the date of all docs submitted.
    Next zagran (in 5 or 10 yrs, or earlier if filled with stamps) was usually ready in 10 days-2 weeks for "old" RF citizens, and, probably 1-1.5 mo for newcomers.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

I'm waiting my 90 days at the moment and of course have questions.

1. Do you remember on what day they phoned you, to tell you it was ready?
    2. In terms of making appointments, did many have long waiting days? I think a two week delay from asking for an appointment to submitting the citizenship application.
    Remember I did this in Rostov-on-don so Moscow or other cities will be different.

1. They don't call me. I have to call them to schedule an appointment.
    2. Usually one to two weeks.
    3. 10 days.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Remington For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (03-02-2021), pcrowley (04-02-2021)

3. 10 days.
    Zagran for 10 days now? Superfast!
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    Zagran for 10 days now? Superfast!
    Opps... My bad... Zagran (international passport) is 1 to 3 months... internal passport is 10 days.

My 15 year old is going for his first internal passport this saturday, word is it'll take a month. We will see.

My 15 year old is going for his first internal passport this saturday, word is it'll take a month. We will see.
    During pre-covid it'll take 3 to 5 days and appointments are usually not needed. They will tell you when after your son submit his internal passport application. I know zagran will take anywhere from 1 to 3 months but in few cases I read 6 months. I will start on zagran after I get internal passport next week and find out how long it takes.

a little bit off topic but maybe still relevant here...being (still) a good Austrian citizen i wrote, after quite some searching and being redirected, to them if they are against it if i will apply also for Russian Citizenship...after all i had left Austria when i was 23 and now i am 70. never returned there for work. as i was told when i was 42 and invited there by a hotlschool, that i am to old and that there is a stop at 40... though i coud grill sausages somewhere.. so i returned to russia and never looked back..
    The Austrians wanted an original police reference of EVERY country that i have worked in for more than 6 month. that would be 8 countries.
    I must give them a reason in HANDWRITING why i would like to retain my Austrian Citizenship. and what i would do in future for that country.#checking to that beancounter gobble di gock i found that i need about 40 more documents, anything that is not in German language, translated and a stamp from an -advokat-.
    and last but not least, 400 and some Euro, the e mail did not say what that might be for...
    over time, the last 30 years, i got twice a new passport, filled in a little paper, some five or six -x- at the appropriate places. cost me 50 Euro.because it was done via the embassy... no police reference, no other documents were asked ( police references can be checked by whoever has the authority, via INTERPOL files..)
    and i got a new driver's license, no more paper, but the credit card size new one.. also at the consulate. no questions asked...
    i do love the pen pushers and bean counters in Austria....
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

Hans.KK (09-02-2021)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast