littleangels        English Nanny
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Remington acquired Russian citizenship

Now the question is... Can I return to Russia directly using my zagran passport after I left Russia through Armenia using my internal passport or I must go back the same way using my internal passport?

Depends on the way you return with. If you will cross international border of RF (for example, arriving by plane from non-EAC state), you'll have to show and they to stamp zagran.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    Depends on the way you return with. If you will cross international border of RF (for example, arriving by plane from non-EAC state), you'll have to show and they to stamp zagran.
    I left Russia using my internal passport through Armenia to US. So you're saying I can return to Russia directly from US using my zagran passport without any problem? I'm asking because Russia knows I left using internal passport and they will see me coming back from US with zagran passport.

I think there should be no problems. If they ask why there is no exit stamp in zagran, you just explain them you went via Armenia. That's all.

I did the same yet 20 years ago - VKO-Kishinev (Moldavia)-Kathmandu (Nepal)-VKO.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

rusmeister (14-05-2021), xt-tsi (15-05-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington View Post
    Update...

Last Thursday, I went to FMS to de-register my ВНЖ and cancel the ВНЖ stamp in my US passport. Today, I submitted my application for Russian internal passport. The following docs I submitted with my passport application: copy of my ВНЖ, copy of my Russian marriage certificate, copy of my Russian kid's birth certificate, copy of my US birth certificate translated to Russian, my ВНЖ booklet and state duty receipt of 300 rubles. I took all my original docs with me just in case if they ask for it which they didn't. I will get my passport in 10 days. Due to covid, my visit to FMS is by appointments only.
    I was advised last week that my application for citizenship had been approved and I could go along to sign the various bits of paper and submit my request for an internal passport. No appointment was necessary, but this was in my village rather than in Krasnodar city. The "ceremony" was very low key - there was no need for me to read out loud the pledge of allegiance, just to sign it in silence!

Interestingly given other comments, they told me that when I return to collect my passport I will have to sign a declaration regarding my other nationalities. Like others, this surprises me since I have already mentioned this three times in the past three years (on my RVP application, on my PRP application and now, most recently, on my citizenship application)! And I need to give them copies of my passports (again).

They took my ВнЖ and I'm not sure if I will get it back: I need to check that when I go to collect my internal passport. They said they will try to do it quickly, otherwise 10 days.

The declaration regarding your other nationalities is something new. I've never heard about it. Let us know what it is...maybe you will get a copy?

Once they took my ВнЖ, that was the last I saw of it.

I didn't have to sign declaration about my other nationalities and I never saw my ВНЖ again. I guess the declaration is something new but every FMS are a bit different in how they do it.

BTW congratulation to you on becoming a Russian citizen... Now you gotta sign up for Russian Army.

That has been the law for last six years or so:

https://journal.tinkoff.ru/ask/dva-grazhdanstva/

200,000 ruble fine or 400 hours of community service if you fail to do it. They will give you a paper receipt to prove you informed them.

Quote Originally Posted by kanga View Post
    That has been the law for last six years or so:

https://journal.tinkoff.ru/ask/dva-grazhdanstva/

200,000 ruble fine or 400 hours of community service if you fail to do it. They will give you a paper receipt to prove you informed them.
    That only applies to Russians who acquired different citizenship. FMS and MVD already know I have US citizenship because I didn't renounce it when I applied for Russian citizenship. I never heard anyone required to sign a declaration about their other nationalities but like I said each FMS operates little differently. Sure there are others who have 3 or 4 citizenships which they didn't declare when applying for Russian citizenship.

As if often the case here, it does seem to be unclear. This article says you do have to:

https://yandex.ru/turbo/zagranpasss....zhdanstve.html

Федеральный закон от 04.06.2014 № 142 О внесении изменений в статьи 6 и 30 Федерального закона О гражданстве Российской Федерации обязывает россиян, имеющих иностранное гражданство, сообщить об этом в миграционную службу. Нормативный акт устанавливает, в каких случаях нужно подавать информацию и кому надо уведомлять государственные органы.

Это необходимо, если:

гражданин РФ стал обладателем паспорта другого государства;
    россиянин получил разрешение проживать в другой стране – это может быть бессрочный или временный ВНЖ, а также другой тип документа;
    представитель иностранного государства был принят в гражданство России, сохранив свой прежний статус;

This advice is from the ministry itself:

"Одновременно сообщаем, что обязанность подачи указанных уведомлений гражданами, приобретшими российское гражданство после 4 августа 2014 года и одновременно имеющими гражданство иностранного государства либо вид на жительство или иной документ, подтверждающий право постоянного проживания в иностранном государстве, действующим законодательством Российской Федерации не предусмотрена."

https://42.xn--b1aew.xn--p1ai/%D0%B3...82%D0%B2%D0%B5

This advice is from the ministry itself:

"Одновременно сообщаем, что обязанность подачи указанных уведомлений гражданами, приобретшими российское гражданство после 4 августа 2014 года и одновременно имеющими гражданство иностранного государства либо вид на жительство или иной документ, подтверждающий право постоянного проживания в иностранном государстве, действующим законодательством Российской Федерации не предусмотрена."

https://42.xn--b1aew.xn--p1ai/%D0%B3...82%D0%B2%D0%B5
    Maybe but like I said... I declared my US nationality when I applied for residence permit and citizenship, therefore, its not obligatory to notify them after getting Russian citizenship UNLESS if I have another citizenship which I did not declare on the citizenship application. So that's why I didn't see or sign the declaration when I picked up my internal passport. We don't know why BigBear had to sign the declaration so maybe his situation is different than ours.

Also you can report other nationality on Gosuslugi website.

Quote Originally Posted by Remington View Post
    Also you can report other nationality on Gosuslugi website.
    That's cool! I wonder how you would demonstrate that to the border guards if they asked for proof that you had already informed them.

That's cool! I wonder how you would demonstrate that to the border guards if they asked for proof that you had already informed them.
    They don't ask about that but they will want to see 2nd passport if you're traveling to your home country if you don't have a visa in your Russian passport. They have all information about you in their system so they know.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast