littleangels        English Nanny
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Remington acquired Russian citizenship

Quote Originally Posted by zagga View Post
    Many thanks.

I remember having to register at an address within 7 days when getting my ВНЖ. Didn’t know the same applies for a Russian passport.

Guess I’m basically stuck in Russia in the time waiting between been given an internal passport and an international passport. Hope I won’t need to travel during that time. I will ask to keep my ВНЖ until I have an international passport but I doubt they will allow it.

Hopefully I can apply for an international passport without permanent registration in the internal passport. I doubt it.
    I was able to keep my VNZh while waiting for the international Russian transport to be issued. During that time, I travelled outside Russia using the VNZh. Once the zagran passport was issued, I gave up the VNZh...just ask when you apply and you should be able to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    I was able to keep my VNZh while waiting for the international Russian transport to be issued. During that time, I travelled outside Russia using the VNZh. Once the zagran passport was issued, I gave up the VNZh...just ask when you apply and you should be able to do this.
    I called the passport issuing office today and they said that I should get permanent registration done within working 7 days (but it would be ok if I went over the deadline slightly). If the landlord of the place where I will be registered canít come in person, then they will accept a notarised доверенность.

They said I will be able to apply immediately for a zagran passport and that permanent registration is not needed when applying for a zagran passport.

They also said that they would аннулировать my ВНЖ when giving me the internal passport but that they wouldnít take the ВНЖ and it would be returned to me. Does anyone know if you can enter/leave Russia on an annulled ВНЖ? Had your ВНЖ been annulled when you travelled abroad whilst waiting for your zagran passport? Was it a few years ago or relatively recently?

That's strange. They took my ВНЖ when I applied for internal passport and they wouldn't let me keep it. My was done in Rostov so yours could be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Remington View Post
    That's strange. They took my ВНЖ when I applied for internal passport and they wouldn't let me keep it. My was done in Rostov so yours could be different.
    So it goes in Russia....so much depends on the individual bureaucrat...

Agreed. At least I have the option to exit Russia via Eurasian Customs Union countries with internal passport so I'm not complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Remington View Post
    Agreed. At least I have the option to exit Russia via Eurasian Customs Union countries with internal passport so I'm not complaining.
    Have you still not got zagran passport, only the internal one? Thought it took 3 or 4 weeks to get.

Will be nice having the internal passport - can travel directly to Belarus (heard there are some decent and cheap 'sanatoria' there), maybe visit Abkhazia.

Have you still not got zagran passport, only the internal one? Thought it took 3 or 4 weeks to get.

Will be nice having the internal passport - can travel directly to Belarus (heard there are some decent and cheap 'sanatoria' there), maybe visit Abkhazia.
    It's not 3 to 4 weeks to make zagran passport with covid going on. It's more likely 2 to 3 months. In my case, up to 6 months in US since appointment to visit Russian consulate in Washington to submit zagran passport application is 3 months wait. Yes it's nice to have internal passport to exit Russia via Belarus and use foreign passport to travel internationally.

Getting passport outside of Russia is another matter altogether, it has always taken my kids at least 3 months.

"Yes it's nice to have internal passport to exit Russia via Belarus and use foreign passport to travel internationally."
    Is this a legitimate way to exit Russia? The belarusians have no problem stamping you out?

Yes, I had only original documents at the citizenship ceremony, the clerk told to make normal photocopies of them and come the office the next day. The clerk at the new office said I need verified copies, but took everything anyway & told me to produce them on collection of the pasport!

"They took my ВНЖ when I applied for internal passport" - what did you do for documents between applying for the passport and picking it up?

I remember having to register at an address within 7 days when getting my ВНЖ. Didnít know the same applies for a Russian passport.
    Is the registration from the residency not transferred to the internal passport? I'll be in a bit of a bind if not , as my wife is away and it's her apartment.

Quote Originally Posted by pcrowley View Post
    Getting passport outside of Russia is another matter altogether, it has always taken my kids at least 3 months.

"Yes it's nice to have internal passport to exit Russia via Belarus and use foreign passport to travel internationally."
    Is this a legitimate way to exit Russia? The belarusians have no problem stamping you out?
    Yes. It's legal. Before I left Russia to fly to Armenia with my internal passport. The Russian border guard asked me if I was planning to fly to US and I said yes. She told me to come back the same so I won't have problems. What she meant was don't fly direct from US to Russia when coming back if I still don't have zagran passport yet.

I left Russia with my internal passport and entered/exited Armenia with my US passport. No problems.

If you were to fly to Belarus from Russia... you will present your internal passport to Russian border guard and they'll look at it and let you go. You will arrive in Minsk airport on domestic flight... meaning no border control check. You will check in for your flight out, go thru security, show your foreign international passport to border guard and fly out of Belarus. You will need Belarus transit visa in your foreign international passport if required.

I decided Armenian route is easier because no visa is needed.

Is the registration from the residency not transferred to the internal passport? I'll be in a bit of a bind if not , as my wife is away and it's her apartment.
    No. It's not transferable. That's why they cancel the registration in your ВНЖ before you apply for internal passport.

Yes, I had only original documents at the citizenship ceremony, the clerk told to make normal photocopies of them and come the office the next day. The clerk at the new office said I need verified copies, but took everything anyway & told me to produce them on collection of the pasport!

"They took my ВНЖ when I applied for internal passport" - what did you do for documents between applying for the passport and picking it up?
    I have notarized copy of my ВНЖ but it doesn't really help much anyway. Beside I can live without it for 7 days until I pick up my internal passport. Just don't get stopped by the police. Oh wait.. FMS is the police.

It seems every office is different. In Admiralteyskaya district of St. Petersburg I have to submit my ВНЖ in order to receive the passport (at which point I presume they will annul it), and the wait time is 10 working days (2 weeks).

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pcrowley For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (30-03-2021), Remington (23-04-2021)

Picked up my internal Russian passport the other day. Got permanent registration stamped in it, too. What a relief to finally get some boxes ticked.

Applied for a zagran passport yesterday. Gosuslugi isnít working for me so I had to go to the zagran passport office and make an appointment in person. The next available appointment was for 14th May, so in a monthís time. Luckily someone hadnít turned up for their pre arranged appointment and I was seen that day, which was rather fortunate.

The zagran passport should be ready in 3 to 4 weeks. I brought my EU passport, and a copy of it, so that I had permission to spell my name in English as it should be spelt - not like how the computer horribly transliterates from cyrillic. Without my EU passport to hand, they would have written my name disastrously!

I was told that I could have also applied for a zagran passport at a ĎMy Documentsí office (мфц мои документы) but at these offices you can only apply for a more basic 5 year zagran passport and not a 10 year biometric zagran passport. Also, the waiting time now for my zagran passport is 3 to 4 weeks because I applied in the region where I have permanent registration. If you apply for a zagran passport in a region where you are not registered, it will take up to 3 months to get the zagran passport.

Next step is to update my pension details (СНИЛС), once that is done, 5 working days later, the gosuslugi site / portal should work for me. I was told that the gosuslugi site wonít work for me until my СНИЛС has been updated; because I have citizenship and not residency, and my СНИЛС needs to be updated in accordance. Also need to update my tax information / number (ИНН).

Onwards and upwards)))

17. The Following User Says Thank You to zagga For This Useful Post:

xp@ (15-04-2021)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast