littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Sports nutrition

Sports nutrition

I plan to come to Russia for a few months, but I'm not sure if I have enough protein for all my workouts. And you can't bring a whole bunch with you. As far as I know, now there are problems with delivery times from America. Tell me, is it really possible to order any of these proteins in Russian stores https://gym-expert.com/best-beef-protein-powder/? MuscleMeds Carnivor interests the most.

Protein powders, including that one, are readily available in Russia. Sold at stands in shopping centers, in sporting goods stores, and in internet shops.

https://atletic-food.ru/carnivor-1816g

3. The Following User Says Thank You to xp@ For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (15-01-2021)

Two sport nutrition shops in Moscow:

http://www.sportfit.ru/

http://hardfitness.ru/

5. The Following User Says Thank You to xp@ For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (15-01-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyLeslie View Post
    I plan to come to Russia for a few months, but I'm not sure if I have enough protein for all my workouts. And you can't bring a whole bunch with you. As far as I know, now there are problems with delivery times from America. Tell me, is it really possible to order any of these proteins in Russian stores https://gym-expert.com/best-beef-protein-powder/? MuscleMeds Carnivor interests the most.
    in ever bigger shopping center or every better GYM you can get the stuff as well. once you know in which district you will live, use Google for a look. or -Moscow Business Telephone Guide- http://mbtg.ru/s/sport/c339/ ( 176 entries...) on the top right you have a button to change to English..
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Thank you for your recommendations. Now I understand that in Russia I will not be left without good quality sports nutrition. I have already come across a poor quality sports food. Faced after this with digestive problems. Replacing sports nutrition immediately removed the problem.

On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    Is there a governing agency which does Quality Control for vitamins in Russia?

In US, vitamins are supposed to be what the label says, but Consumer Reports magazine checked many brands and discovered a lot of them were lacking a fully accurate description. For example, the label would say "...each capsule has 100 mg. of (this vitamin), and the truth was each capsule only had 43 mg. of the vitamin.
    "Defund the Social Sciences." - Fantastika, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post

In US, vitamins are supposed to be what the label says, but Consumer Reports magazine checked many brands and discovered a lot of them were lacking a fully accurate description. For example, the label would say "...each capsule has 100 mg. of (this vitamin), and the truth was each capsule only had 43 mg. of the vitamin.
    Roskontrol? or since it is -health supplements- Rospotrebnadzor?

Haha, supervisory authority. Sure. If the United States does not have a high degree of trust, there is no qualitative verification of what is being produced, then what can we talk about in Russia?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SunnyLeslie For This Useful Post:

TheInterocitor (04-02-2021)

Haha, supervisory authority. Sure. If the United States does not have a high degree of trust, there is no qualitative verification of what is being produced, then what can we talk about in Russia?

looking at the containers at the stuff, most of it is manufactured in the USA. ( or so it says on the lable...)and here only re sold... ( Auchan,where i go shopping, has such a little shop. and one can read and check what they have. very friendly people. even when i told them that i will NOT buy)
    Last edited by FatAndy; 03-02-2021 at 10:14.

Yes, all medicines are under Roszdravnadzor. If not medicines - Rospotrebnadzor.

Consumer Reports magazine checked many brands and discovered a lot of them were lacking a fully accurate description. For example, the label would say "...each capsule has 100 mg. of (this vitamin), and the truth was each capsule only had 43 mg. of the vitamin.
    KAPITALIZOM! (C)

I use KOMPLIVIT polivitamins (2-3 tablets per week):
    https://otcpharm.ru/medicaments/komplivit/

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    Roskontrol? or since it is -health supplements- Rospotrebnadzor?
    Roscontrol is PRIVATE agency, not state or state authorized one. Pure initiative by the "group of comrades".
    (sorry, edited your post above by mistake , now restored back)

We can talk everything you want, but there are A LOT of sportfood shops, at least in Moscow, both usual and online ones:
    https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...sclient=psy-ab
    Hope you'll find something useful.
    Last edited by FatAndy; 03-02-2021 at 10:17.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (04-02-2021), TheInterocitor (04-02-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post

looking at the containers at the stuff, most of it is manufactured in the USA. ( or so it says on the lable...)and here only re sold... ( Auchan,where i go shopping, has such a little shop. and one can read and check what they have. very friendly people. even when i told them that i will NOT buy)
    If not forged. Believe it or not, making a fake and passing off as an American product is a piece of cake for sleight of hand.

Usually, everyday I try to take the B-complex pill, trace minerals pill, C, E, A, Lecithin, Omega (Fish Oil), Cinnamon (prevents acid-reflux), and the Glucosamine-Chondroitin-MSM pill.

The Salt, I have modified to Garlic Salt, and to sprinkle as seasoning, not pepper but jar of rosemary, oregano, parsley, ginger, more spices...

I take the Zinc and Vitamin D3, supposed to build immunity, since Corona started. You need the D, if you stay inside because of the shutdown, and don't get any sunshine. The Ultraviolet rays enabling Vitamin D don't come through window glass either.

If not forged. Believe it or not, making a fake and passing off as an American product is a piece of cake for sleight of hand.
    Many times I have almost succumbed to the impulse to run a box containing a used product (like a Monopoly board game) through my shrink-wrap machine and pass it off as "new" to sell on Ebay...

I used to work part-time for Aubrey Organics in Florida, it was then a one-man operation. He had set up a silk-screen machine to make really professional-looking labels for the bottles for all his products.

Aubrey created natural health and beauty products with biodegradable and natural ingredients. We made suntan oil, skin lotion, shampoo and so on. For example, his shampoo had no artificial coloring, no "foaming" agent, no artificial "fragrant odor", etc. We would stir the ingredients in a wooden barrel, not metal or plastic.

Aubrey got mad at me one day when I put my lunch, two hot dogs, in the refrigerator, alongside some of his organic ingredients which he had to keep cool. He said the fumes from the hot dogs would interfere with the purity of his organic compounds.

He became quite successful, I saw his products in many stores along the East Coast. When I stopped in years later, he had bought the next door property and built a small factory.

Yes, it is possible - honest, ethical people do succeed.

Many times I have almost succumbed to the impulse to run a box containing a used product (like a Monopoly board game) through my shrink-wrap machine and pass it off as "new" to sell on Ebay...

I used to work part-time for Aubrey Organics in Florida, it was then a one-man operation. He had set up a silk-screen machine to make really professional-looking labels for the bottles for all his products.

Aubrey created natural health and beauty products with biodegradable and natural ingredients. We made suntan oil, skin lotion, shampoo and so on. For example, his shampoo had no artificial coloring, no "foaming" agent, no artificial "fragrant odor", etc. We would stir the ingredients in a wooden barrel, not metal or plastic.

Aubrey got mad at me one day when I put my lunch, two hot dogs, in the refrigerator, alongside some of his organic ingredients which he had to keep cool. He said the fumes from the hot dogs would interfere with the purity of his organic compounds.

He became quite successful, I saw his products in many stores along the East Coast. When I stopped in years later, he had bought the next door property and built a small factory.

Yes, it is possible - honest, ethical people do succeed.
    This is a great example! Unfortunately, at first glance at the product, you will not guess which manufacturer is honest and who is cheating its consumers. After all, buyers do not take each purchase to the laboratory for the analysis of the composition, so that later they can draw conclusions whether such a product can be bought or not. This takes a lot of time and money, and therefore we use what is on the shelves, trusting the manufacturer and the information on the label.