littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: I got the Sputnik V Jab

I got the Sputnik V Jab

A doctor of mine got jabbed along with others at his hospital. The antibody count for him and his colleagues are up, no serious side effects. He recommended I do it. India is signing up to produce several hundred million Sputnik V doses. Several countries have ordered it. I know someone who is an ambassador in a country that is being given the vaccines for free by the RU government.

So I went down and got my first jab yesterday. Feeling fine.

Mos.ru says you have to be older than 60 to get the vaccine. It is dead easy to sign up on Mos.ru if you have insurance and can register on it. However, I was told at the clinic that anyone older than 18 can get the vaccine by signing up in person. This came from the woman at the clinic who was organizing the vaccination process and processing the docs. Special clinics are set up to administer the vaccine. I went to the new clinic at Leningradsky Prospekt 18A for the shot.

The lady at the clinic also said that someone with a visa and foreign passport can get the vaccine as well, as long as their visa is valid for more than six weeks after taking the vaccine.

The claims that drinking isn't allowed for 45 days after being jabbed are untrue. I wasn't given any instructions about drinking. A friend of mine said his clinic told him not to drink alcohol for 3 days. That's what I'm doing.

An article came out on the NYT by a foreign journalist in Moscow who got the vaccine. I realize some of you are allergic to anything shown in the NY Times, but it's worth a read.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

Armoured (09-01-2021), Benedikt (09-01-2021), FatAndy (10-01-2021), Judge (09-01-2021), Uncle Wally (09-01-2021), xp@ (10-01-2021)

A friend of mine volunteered to take it months ago and had no adverse effects.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (09-01-2021), FatAndy (10-01-2021), xp@ (12-01-2021)

Registering is indeed easy.since i have the PRP and the (still) - Lushkov Insurance- (MAKS medical Insurance). all done over the internet and the mos.ru portal. on the 19th it's my turn. Clinic is walking distance away. though not the one that is -our - poliklinik. And it will be also the Saturn V. On top of it i have no problem to go there... Special now that we - old- people ( i am 70) have been given the go... I got a timeslot in the morning. you get on your screen more or less the times that are free and you can choose one that is convenient for you. the DATE though is then sorted out by the computer... I will have a light breakfast.and a book to read. Nurses apparently will tell you,after you got your shot, to sit down and wait for 15 Minutes. Just in case...

I think what they did mean with -no alkohol- is more meant for the local tradition. ..NOT a whole bottle of Vodka or wine. Though a glass of beer or bubbly will for sure do no harm.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (10-01-2021)

My wife and I both got the first shot of Sputnik V. There have been no noticeable or measurable reactions or side effects. The 2nd go will be on the 20th. To check on effectiveness, we plan to get antibody tests 3 weeks after the second shots.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xp@ For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (10-01-2021), FatAndy (10-01-2021), TolkoRaz (10-01-2021), Uncle Wally (10-01-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by xp@ View Post
    My wife and I both got the first shot of Sputnik V. There have been no noticeable or measurable reactions or side effects. The 2nd go will be on the 20th. To check on effectiveness, we plan to get antibody tests 3 weeks after the second shots.
    Good idea!
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TolkoRaz For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (10-01-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by xp@ View Post
    where will you do that? at the same clinic? or at a private place like INVITRO or the likes?

xt-tsi
    xp@

Congratulations, comrades - you've got KOMMUNIZOM in your blood!

Regarding alcohol - it is immunodepressant, so to produce antibodies as much as possible it's better to avoid excessive amounts of. But 40-50 ml of strong one (just for disinfection ) or a glass of wine, as Ben mentuoned above, won't harm much...
    Last edited by FatAndy; 10-01-2021 at 10:37.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (11-01-2021), Hans.KK (10-01-2021), Uncle Wally (10-01-2021), xp@ (10-01-2021)

[QUOTE=FatAndy;1496993]xt-tsi
    xp@

Congratulations, comrades - you've got KOMMUNIZOM in your blood!

since the Brit -superbug- has also reached Russia i would assume it makes even more sense? (news on RBC...)

Yep, the news about a highly contagious virus is one reason I got after this thing. As reported by others, I feel fine. No after effects.

I use Gematest for covid tests. They offer a antibody test that is taken after being vaccinated. Costs 1200 Rubles. https://gemotest.ru/moskva/catalog/i...tela-igg-kol-/

I will follow Fat Andy's advice about having a few snorts tomorrow for high immunity. And I will smoke a long cigar, several being in my humidor thanks to Uncle Wally's help.

Several of my drinking buddies are taking the jab at about the same time. Our incentive is not boozing together, I swear. Interestingly, most of these guys' Russian wives haven't agreed to be jabbed.
    Last edited by xt-tsi; 11-01-2021 at 16:24.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (12-01-2021), Uncle Wally (12-01-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    Yep, the news about a highly contagious virus is one reason I got after this thing. As reported by others, I feel fine. No after effects.

I use Gematest for covid tests. They offer a antibody test that is taken after being vaccinated. Costs 1200 Rubles. https://gemotest.ru/moskva/catalog/i...tela-igg-kol-/

I will follow Fat Andy's advice about having a few snorts tomorrow for high immunity. And I will smoke a long cigar, several being in my humidor thanks to Uncle Wally's help.

Several of my drinking buddies are taking the jab at about the same time. Our incentive is not boozing together, I swear. Interestingly, most of these guys' Russian wives haven't agreed to be jabbed.
    i think the reason is or seems very simple. there is just not enough -hard fact - information around. another reason might be that the media here in Russia are not blaring every five minutes another horror -issue- around. so maybe many people think- it is not soabd anyway- and - why worry to much- that there is a false sense of security? lets just hope it will not get worse. have not seen for some time now the -103 Karetta - the one without the windows, around here. And we go out very early... Jhinn,my dog,and me...

Yes, it's very relaxed. I drove down to the center over the holidays. I saw several restaurants that were full of people, no masks, no distancing.

I just looked at the vaccination schedule on Mos.ru. All slots are open to be vaccinated from now until the 26th of January. The Russians don't seem to be in any hurry to get jabbed.

Perhaps the Russian government needs to announce a fine for people who don't get jabbed. Or say the Russians can't leave the country without a certificate of vaccination. Otherwise, the Russians' inborn hesitancy and skepticism seems to have set in.

Perhaps the Russian government needs to announce a fine for people who don't get jabbed. Or say the Russians can't leave the country without a certificate of vaccination. Otherwise, the Russians' inborn hesitancy and skepticism seems to have set in.[/QUOTE]

I think VV has things under control. he sees what is happening in the EU when government are forcing things. on top of it the biggest problem there is that they dont seem to know what they're doing.
    Today one official says that. 5 minutes later the kanzler gives a press conference and says something completely different.
    and everyone and their dogs interpret things the way they seem fit. or the way it suits them. ( look at my -bardak- post what the park service did where i live when people were just bunching together. no mask. no social distancing. nothing...)
    Already in Germany it begins. no jabs, no more job with us...The same will happen here. Easy and simple.
    Need somethign from the Poliklinik? no jabs no doctor.
    a railway ticket? a train ticket? want to go shopping? no jabs, no vacation...
    Qantas and UA did it already before with the - no covid. i am clean test-.
    Don't think it will be a situation here with the -old - people. because everything is computerised it might be easy - no vaccination, no pension.
    or whatever benefits the pensioners get. free transport?at the moment the social cards for transport can not be used.
    or the student tickets. I think it will not come that far. lets just hope so.
    I rather have the feeling VV left the people alone during the New Years vacation time?
    And accepts the dead and the sick?
    Before everything closing down and have riots and whatever on hand?
    it is my guess only.
    but now people will come back from vacations overseas. besides a few crappy souvenirs and maybe a suntan what else will they bring with them.
    the -superbug - from the UK is here already. brought back in December from an UK flight...
    And when one listens or watches the news on local TV, when talking about the virus, the tom=ne and urgency of the anchors has changed already...
    On top of it on every entrance door or near the mailboxes there are new papers and announcements urging the people to get vaccinated.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

xt-tsi (13-01-2021)

Almost half of those vaccinated in Moscow against coronavirus are older citizens

About 42% of those vaccinated against COVID-19 in city polyclinics are people over 60 years old. This was announced today by the Deputy Mayor of Moscow for Social Development, Anastasia Rakova .

“This is the main risk group; it is the elderly who most often suffer from severe COVID-19. We thank our older citizens for taking a responsible attitude to their health, being vaccinated against coronavirus infection and protecting themselves and their loved ones,” said the vice mayor.

Since December 28, in accordance with the permission of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, Muscovites over 60 years old can be vaccinated against coronavirus, since they belong to the highest risk group and are the hardest to tolerate a new infection.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to xp@ For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (12-01-2021)

I will follow Fat Andy's advice about having a few snorts tomorrow for high immunity.
    One (max two) is enough, especially after visiting a shop/supermarket or pub transport ride.

Interestingly, most of these guys' Russian wives haven't agreed to be jabbed.
    They just check how husbands feel, before doing the same... you know, the test on the least valuable members of society
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (12-01-2021), Uncle Wally (12-01-2021), xt-tsi (13-01-2021)