littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wolves and Shotguns

On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...

Wolves and Shotguns

My friend said the harness? ("Гуж порвался") for her sleigh broke down at night when she was with grandkids and son giving them a ride through snowy fields and roads. She doesn't see very well with очки

А дети сказали что собачка очень большая, очень серая и хвост очень большой и длинный и не такой как обычно у собак. Я покричала на собачку, грозила поймать, убить и т.д. Собачка все же ушла. Когда мы приехали домой я поняла что это был волк. Настоящий серый волк).

But she said there is group of 4 wolves in vicinity and they would go after horse if all four together in pack

Is it legal to own shotgun in Russia? How much do they cost? I can get single-barrel shotgun for $90, $200 for double-barrel, but of course, can not send through mail.

Can you shoot wolf, or is it protected species?
    "Defund the Social Sciences." - Fantastika, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    My friend said the harness? ("Гуж порвался") for her sleigh broke down at night when she was with grandkids and son giving them a ride through snowy fields and roads. She doesn't see very well with очки

А дети сказали что собачка очень большая, очень серая и хвост очень большой и длинный и не такой как обычно у собак. Я покричала на собачку, грозила поймать, убить и т.д. Собачка все же ушла. Когда мы приехали домой я поняла что это был волк. Настоящий серый волк).

But she said there is group of 4 wolves in vicinity and they would go after horse if all four together in pack

Is it legal to own shotgun in Russia? How much do they cost? I can get single-barrel shotgun for $90, $200 for double-barrel, but of course, can not send through mail.

Can you shoot wolf, or is it protected species?
    There was a guy in Russia attacked by a wolf last week. He strangled it to death like a real man.

On a side note, there was a girl who was attacked by wild dogs and had her whole face bitten off by them.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

TheInterocitor (10-01-2021)

My father gave me some stories about life in rural Pennsylvania, and he wrote that one time a bear stuck its head inside a window of their cabin. His grandmother poked the bear in the nose with the wooden end of the broomstick, and the bear started howling and ran off.

Here is the process to get a gun license: https://www.gosuslugi.ru/situation/o...kupku_oruzhiya

I know a few guys who hunt elk and they tell me that hunting in Russia is highly regulated. Getting a license, the hunting seasons all depend on the region. According to them.

https://ooobelka.ru/okhota-na-volka/

it depends on where you are.

out in deep siberia, the way to hunt is easy. drive around, drink beer, and spotlight whatever is moving. then blast it. the real man brings meat home, no cares.

fishing is the same. throw out net in the morning, drink vodka. go back at the end of the day and see what you caught. easy-peasy.

Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post

out in deep siberia, the way to hunt is easy. drive around, drink beer, and spotlight whatever is moving. then blast it. the real man brings meat home, no cares.
    I hope that does not include the protected Amur Tiger or Leopards?
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TolkoRaz For This Useful Post:

americaninmoscow (12-01-2021), Benedikt (12-01-2021), Uncle Wally (12-01-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by TolkoRaz View Post
    Are the f*cking wolves protected or not?

Are the f*cking wolves protected or not?
    No, the 45K(+) wolves which can be found in the RF are not protected by law - they may be hunted all year round and by all methods.

No, the 45K(+) wolves which can be found in the RF are not protected by law - they may be hunted all year round and by all methods.
    Some wolves are protected in Russia, by the man himself.

https://nightwolves.ru/nw/

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

TheInterocitor (12-01-2021)

well, i have never heard of amur tiger or leopard shashlik, but now that you mention it, i should try to find it before its not possible anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    well, i have never heard of amur tiger or leopard shashlik, but now that you mention it, i should try to find it before its not possible anymore.
    Tiger parts are worth big bucks in China. It's not a joke.

How "far" are they protected? In California, if you are attacked by a wildcat, and you defend yourself (or your child), you are charged with a crime.

How "far" are they protected? In California, if you are attacked by a wildcat, and you defend yourself (or your child), you are charged with a crime.
    Oh, bullshit. Do you even listen to yourself? Do you question anything you hear from wherever it is you get these nuggets? Is there some special channel? Or do you have to go out and search for this obvious nonsense?

https://wildlife.ca.gov/Keep-Me-Wild/Bobcat

"Effective 2015 bobcat can no longer be trapped for their fur in California. Bobcats that are harassing or killing pets and livestock, may be killed by the landowner or agent under the authority of a depredation permit. The killing of a bobcat in defense of property or self defense, or defense of another should be reasonable and justified. A person taking such action must have reasonable belief that the bobcat poses a threat of serious physical harm, that this harm is imminent, and the action is the only reasonable available means to prevent that harm."

I suspect that is not the case! If so, the law would expect you to lie down and be attacked / mauled!

In the RF, if you could prove that you had to shoot a Tiger in self-defence, then I am sure that there would be charge / fine.

Sadly, in recent weeks, 2 Tigers have been hit by vehicles in separate incidents and killed, but the drivers were not charged / fined.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast