littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Dear Ernst

On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...

Dear Ernst

Bennie, my man!

Hey can you tell what this says? I can see something that looks like "Ernst". "Liebe Ernst"? "To Ernst"? I wonder if that refers to the German general or some tourist who bought the document...?

Guy who owns it is in Владивосток, Приморский край.

https://www.ebay.com/German-secret-mobilization-plan-for-attacks-Berlin-1913
    "Defund the Social Sciences." - Fantastika, 2020

[QUOTE=TheInterocitor;1496788]Bennie, my man!

Hey can you tell what this says? I can see something that looks like "Ernst". "Liebe Ernst"? "To Ernst"? I wonder if that refers to the German general or some tourist who bought the document...?

will need some digging because the handwriting is for the birds indeed. do you have some more of anything with that kind of handwriting. so it will be easier to compare?

https://sandragrether.de/2020/07/09/...familie-ernst/

i do not say that THIS is it. but it seems it has something to do with the -Stammblatt- during the Hitler times. to be in the SS or the likes one had to prove that i think 5 or 6 or even more generations one was -rassisch -arisch-. meaning all your forebears were good Germans and no Jews, Slavs, Gypsies and the likes... the handwriting wonder if it does say that his -Ernst- was buried in - Oberplautzen-? hope you dont mind that i make a screenshot and send it someone who might know more about this handwriting?
    Last edited by Benedikt; 07-01-2021 at 10:14.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

rusmeister (07-01-2021), TheInterocitor (08-01-2021)

I put it up on Fiverr and a girl from Wien helped. She said the handwriting was difficult to decipher - a combination of cursive and block letters (kind of similar to the way I write )

Her take:

“H. Ernst
    21. 6. 32
    Vom Herrn Oberleutnant Schad erhalten“

H. Ernst could be "Herr Ernst"? or the "H" may be a "V"...

"Ernst" is common name, so it could be anyone. If first name maybe "Ernst Röhm" , if last name "Karl Ernst"? They were both rising stars in 1932.

But if one says "Herr Ernst," that implies "Ernst" is the last name (Familienname) not the Vorname, doesn't it?

One famous? "Schad" in the early 1930's was this Unterseeboot Kommandant: "Berthold Schad von Mittelbiberach":
    https://uboat.net/men/commanders/1058.html

Что ты думаешь?

Что ты думаешь?[/QUOTE]

funny though now that i know what it means it is also easy to read for me... and once more is there anything on the OTHER side or something more to read or a photo? Uniforms do help a lot...ERNST indeed can be a first name or a Family name... and her guess is as good or even better than mine...-Ernst Röhm- was this guy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernst_R%C3%B6hm that is why my association was with the -Stammblatt- ans SS...But it needs more information to really know what that whole thing was about.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

TheInterocitor (11-01-2021)

But is it worth $375? That's what the Russian who owns this "geheim" document is asking for it.

I would say it is not that valuable, unless the note is written by a famous (or infamous) person. And even then, it could not be sold on Ebay, they would likely ban it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    But is it worth $375? That's what the Russian who owns this "geheim" document is asking for it.

I would say it is not that valuable, unless the note is written by a famous (or infamous) person. And even then, it could not be sold on Ebay, they would likely ban it.

forget it. until its been proven by experts what it is..remember the - Hitler Diaries -? The German journal Stern paid millions for it. flaunted it all over the place. and it was found out fairly quickly it was a fake..https://www.thesaturdaypaper.com.au/...2900009420#hrd would be worth a try and get into (mail) contact with them. they for sure will know more about it...