littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Austria wants VAT tax from Americans?

On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...

Austria wants VAT tax from Americans?

Got this letter from Amazon, where I sell a few items: (I guess they need money, so they want to take some of mine). I did sell a couple of items to Austria, a couple of years back, but it was on Ebay. I canceled my connection to Amazon UK when I noticed they were nicking my bank account for $75 every month for "listing fees", without telling me, and without my signing any contract. If I get any more orders from Europe through Amazon, I will just cancel them. Just what i need, a gang of deranged tax collectors coming after me.

"Dear Seller,

Please upload your Austrian VAT Registration Number now on Seller Central to reduce friction on your selling account. ("friction"?)

Under the Austria Digital Tax Act 2020, Amazon has an obligation to share identity and transactional data on selling partners making sales to Austrian customers with the Austrian Tax Authority. This identity data includes the selling partners VAT registration number in Austria. Amazon may suspend selling privileges to customers in Austria if this is not provided.

If you are required to be VAT-registered in Austria, provide your Austrian VAT Registration Number on Seller Central by December 31, 2020.

Provide your VAT Registration Number
    (Link)

The following non-exhaustive list of transactions are subject to Austria VAT and trigger a VAT registration obligation in Austria:

You are established in Austria and make taxable supplies in excess of 30k per year
    You are established outside of Austria and store goods in Austria for sale to customers
    You make distance sales of goods to customers in Austria, delivered from another EU country, and the value of these sales exceed 35k in the current or prior year.
    How to review your supplies to Austrian customers on Amazon?
    You can download the Amazon VAT Transactions Report on Seller Central which includes information on all of your supplies. Please navigate through: Reports - Fulfilment by Amazon - Amazon VAT transactions report.

What to do if you are not required to be VAT-registered in Austria?
    Please provide any VAT registration number held in another EU Member State on Seller Central.

Find out more about the Austrian Tax Obligation ( link )

Need help with VAT registration? Please contact a tax adviser (link)

Regards,
    Amazon Services Europe"
    Last edited by TheInterocitor; 30-12-2020 at 08:03.
    "Defund the Social Sciences." - Fantastika, 2020

Amazon Services Europe"[/QUOTE]

you can cancel your Amazon Account as well. Amazom are ****faces. they do not want to pay ANY TAX ANYWHERE. but the respective governments want their money. so Amazon just load it over onto their customers. and THEY should pay what Amazon is supposed to pay in taxes. wait until that thing comes to Russia or other places as well.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    Amazon Services Europe"
    you can cancel your Amazon Account as well. Amazom are ****faces. they do not want to pay ANY TAX ANYWHERE. but the respective governments want their money. so Amazon just load it over onto their customers. and THEY should pay what Amazon is supposed to pay in taxes. wait until that thing comes to Russia or other places as well.
    Does Russia have VAT tax?

The problem with shipping from the US to Russia is the postage from the US has become so high-cost. One box more than 1.8 kilograms will cost $107.

My customers in UK, Canada, Brazil, etc., they ask me to change the value on the postage label, so instead of $80 item, it would say $15 item. They have to pay customs fees, VAT tax, and shipping cost, it can double the cost of the item.

I dislike Amazon because it is impossible to get any help from them. Total frustration. They have no phone number to call. No email help. You have to deal with (dumb and irrational) computer algorithms, not human beings. Even worse for the customer (buyer), he has no recourse to resolve problems. At least with Ebay, there is telephone, seller or buyer can phone them and quickly get help. There are many problems, and I call them 3-4 times a month to resolve problems.

Jeff Bezos, the oligarch who owns Amazon, owns and publishes the Washington Post, which prints daily propaganda for corrupt Deep State - US Government.

I will not cancel my account yet, I am still getting a little money from them, but I don't trust them, I do not buy from them, I don't rely on them, I agree, sie sind Schweinehunde owned by Scheissmann!
    Last edited by TheInterocitor; 30-12-2020 at 15:39.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TheInterocitor For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (02-01-2021)

I'm not an expert, but it seems to me that this is not dictated by the whims of Amazon, but by Austrian law. Here you need to understand in more detail the origins of this problem, it seems to me.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SunnyLeslie For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (05-01-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyLeslie View Post
    I'm not an expert, but it seems to me that this is not dictated by the whims of Amazon, but by Austrian law. Here you need to understand in more detail the origins of this problem, it seems to me.
    I sell on Ebay and Etsy with no such problems. Amazon is more or less a funnel for Red China to dump their low-cost goods on the US market, with free shipping from China (the "free" shipping is reimbursed by taxpayers in other countries that China ships to. China still takes advantage of its "third-world" designation by the UN). Also Bezos owns the big Left-wing rag in DC, the Washington Post, which lobbies and editorializes in favor of China, and the oligarch located his new $billion-dollar shipping facility on the Potomac. Amazon is going to bend over backwards to serve the government of any country, to the detriment of small buyers and sellers, to the betterment of its biggest business partner, China, Inc.

I can't complete against Red China. They ship a $1 item to the US for free shipping (the item goes from Shanghai to New York for free). I ship my item from Kansas to New York, I have to pay (and charge the customer) $3 minimum shipping. Who are you going to buy from, the US seller for $4, or the CCCC seller for $1 ?