littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Way back when, 1996 the first band Uncle Wally played with in Russia

Way back when, 1996 the first band Uncle Wally played with in Russia

If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (24-11-2020), Hans.KK (23-11-2020)

I had so much fun with these guys.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    Are you rolling around on the ground, or is that you right at the end with sticks on the drums?
    "Defund the Social Sciences." - Fantastika, 2020

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TheInterocitor For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (24-11-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    Are you rolling around on the ground, or is that you right at the end with sticks on the drums?
    The guy rolling around is now a famous Russian actor. He's done a few movies and a TV series where he plays a tough guy hero. At the time he was still in the university learning acting/directing. I was playing drums but you can see me in the interview, I said "huh?" it was 1996, I didn't speak a bit of Russian. This was on channel 5 St. Petersburg, it was one of the national TV stations.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

TheInterocitor (24-11-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    The guy rolling around is now a famous Russian actor. He's done a few movies and a TV series where he plays a tough guy hero. At the time he was still in the university learning acting/directing. I was playing drums but you can see me in the interview, I said "huh?" it was 1996, I didn't speak a bit of Russian. This was on channel 5 St. Petersburg, it was one of the national TV stations.
    Are you guys still using Ludwigs?

Do you have any audio/video files of whole songs?

I played (keyboards) with these guys for a couple of months, a few years after their big hit:

Music is not so garbled in this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqqE3VU1icc

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TheInterocitor For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (24-11-2020)

Oh God! Please let me unhear that!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

Hans.KK (24-11-2020), TheInterocitor (24-11-2020)

C'mon, Wally!

It's from when music was great. It was a very special generation in time. It will never be matched - the music from the fifties, sixties and seventies.

This song was a masterpiece of beauty, tenderness, and happiness. A perfect arrangement of instruments beautifully complementing vocals with boy-girl harmony! Great lyrics, great song, and groovy outfits!

Some of the comments:

"This song brings tears to my eyes.. When i was a little girl, our family would spend a weekend at Lake Wawasee. One night in the cabin, my Father told me to bed. He turned on the radio and this song came wafting softly over that precious summer night so long ago.

"This song touches my heart very deeply. In 1969 I was 16 years old when my cousin Billy (who was like a brother to me) was killed in a motorcycle accident. This song played on the radio the day we buried him as we all cried that evening. My brothers and sisters always remember Billy everytime we hear this song. Billy is in God's hands now!

"This song is simply one of the most beautiful jewels from the 60's, extremely angelic and superb! This song had a lot to do with me getting married (Got married in 1970. (And still am to the same chick))

"One late afternoon back in 1970, i was sitting on my front steps back. Never talked in depth to my dad, but i knew i loved him very much. Always busy. He would come home early on Fridays only to work on something and eventually take all of us to dinner. That day he stopped what he was doing and sat next to me. He asked how i was doing and when i told him i was doing good, He told me that made him happy. He looked at me and said I love you son. I will always miss him. He went too early. This song always makes me think of him."

1969 was the "Summer of Love".

There are no words to describe 1969 and the summer that it was. Love. The girls. Muscle Cars. 25 cent gas, 15 cent smokes. Pot dime bags. Drive in Movies. The best music the world had ever heard. Too young for Nam. Old enough for everything else.

We really thought we would change the world, like no other generation before us. I wore a jacket that said "I Love You" and got bottles thrown at me by rednecks and blacks. With my long hair I got propositioned wherever our band gigged, by drunks and gays. Five of us piled into a Volkswagen Beetle, drove down to DC, and joined half a million other people in a march against the Vietnam War. When that didn't work, we did it again, and when the US army shot 4 students in Ohio, and 3 more at Jackson State, the whole country, from the Atlantic to the Pacific, shut down. From sea to shining sea, every university and college in America closed its doors for the next 3 months, in silent protest against this killing of Americans by the American military. I was in jail, for something I did not do. The professors let me do make-up final exams and two of them just gave me an "A" with no test. It was the beginning of the end of the Vietnam war, and for two decades, Love won, America left Vietnam, there was no US meddling around the until the Moslems decided they could once again terrorize the world's infidels.

A great song when love was a common thing. Today, music is not about love.

Wake up in the morning with the sunshine in your eyes
    And the smell of flowers blooming fills the air.
    Your mind is filled with the thoughts of a certain someone - that you Love;
    Your life is filled with joy when she is there.

Love can make you happy if you fine someone who cares
    To give a life time to you and who has a love to share.

If you think you've found someone you'll love forever more,
    Then it's worth the price you'll have to pay (pay).
    To have, to hold's important when forever is the phrase
    That means the love you've found is going to stay.

Love can make you happy if you find someone who cares
    To give a life time to you and who has a love to share.

La-love, la-love

Love can make you happy.
    Love can make you happy.
    Love can make you happy.

Love

I played (keyboards) with these guys for a couple of months, a few years after their big hit:

the girls look like they just got out of bed. still having their pajamas on...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post

the girls look like they just got out of bed. still having their pajamas on...
    It's a poor video, especially the girl trying to look круто with a cigarette and glass of beer.

Mercy was an overnight American success story. One day they were playing in their garage in Poughkeepsie, NY, a month later they were on national TV. Kathy had a really good voice. I think they are still playing, in Tampa.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TheInterocitor For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (27-11-2020)

Wally, check out Ginger Baker, Jr. ...

Inexpensive "drums" and it doesn't take a half-hour to set up. Our drummer threw the sticks up in the air and caught them, usually...