littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iMac (20-inch, Mid 2007) i am looking for a keyboard

iMac (20-inch, Mid 2007) i am looking for a keyboard

both latin and cyrillic letters. unfortunately NEWER models do not work with that iMac. for whatever reasons. it looks to me each now model also ahs his own keyboard.

-spacebar- does not always work on the left side. which is the side of course used most...
    the -,- does not work when switching from Russia language to english or german. on the russian language it is on a different place.

anyone has any idea where i can get one?

AVITO is not clear enough. also not on ebay or AliExpress.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    both latin and cyrillic letters. unfortunately NEWER models do not work with that iMac. for whatever reasons. it looks to me each now model also ahs his own keyboard.

-spacebar- does not always work on the left side. which is the side of course used most...
    the -,- does not work when switching from Russia language to english or german. on the russian language it is on a different place.

AVITO is not clear enough. also not on ebay or AliExpress.
    Had you try to connect a standard PC USB keyboard?
    I am not into Mac's but I do own a Apple Mac something keyboard, it looks strange with a sort of transparent case, but works with a PC, so why not the other way around?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hans.KK For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (03-12-2020)

2007? Get a new computer, I'm surprised it still works. And since it's from Apple you have very limited choice. For what you use it for a iPad would work, it's just smaller but also cheaper. Check here ekatalog
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    2007? Get a new computer, I'm surprised it still works. And since it's from Apple you have very limited choice. For what you use it for a iPad would work, it's just smaller but also cheaper. Check here ekatalog
    2007 will just do fine for the rest of my life. i got 2 chips in .instead of one. a new harddrive 3 years ago. when the old one was to old. got a new -heatsink- so it stays at working temperature. i do regular service from apple people. and the thing works just fine. a new one will be anything from 250 000. or 25 000 for a 2o11 one. i never played games or did download fancythigns. just used it for work store recipes and photos. techcards and the likes. hard drive is not even half full. no need for a new one. i found a keyboard that i need. i want an Apple keyboard. on Avito. 2.5 thousand and 300 rubles delivery. i think i will go for it. but i also will look at you tip first. thank you for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    Had you try to connect a standard PC USB keyboard?
    I am not into Mac's but I do own a Apple Mac something keyboard, it looks strange with a sort of transparent case, but works with a PC, so why not the other way around?
    i saw them at AUCHAN. also all white like a Mac. BUT the guy there told me it is for PC only and NOT compatible with a MAC . and on the box it says only PC...

i saw them at AUCHAN. also all white like a Mac. BUT the guy there told me it is for PC only and NOT compatible with a MAC . and on the box it says only PC...
    I would anyway give it a try.
    Read about taking your PC stuff with you to a Mac, something will work https://www.macworld.com/article/204...-with-you.html

And when the iMac breaks down: http://tim.id.au/laptops/apple/imac/imac_20_mid2007.pdf

I bought a cheap logiteck, works fine with the Mac.

I think it was 1200 rubles, not sure, anyway, not expensive.

One thing is sometimes the control keys (cmd opt alt) are reversed, you can switch them in preferences to work how you like.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Armoured For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (04-12-2020)

I would anyway give it a try.
    Read about taking your PC stuff with you to a Mac, something will work https://www.macworld.com/article/204...-with-you.html

And when the iMac breaks down: http://tim.id.au/laptops/apple/imac/imac_20_mid2007.pdf
    thank you for the instructions.. 170 pages!or was it -only- 120? i just a glance at it.will come handy for sure one of this days..

How to Use a Windows PC Keyboard on a Mac by Remapping Command & Option Keys

https://osxdaily.com/2018/01/31/use-...-command-keys/

12. The Following User Says Thank You to xp@ For This Useful Post:

Armoured (04-12-2020)

https://market.yandex.ru/catalog--kl...offers-first=0

Startig from 216 Rub. But I'd take A4, Cherry, Genius, HP, Logitech, Lenovo, Microsoft.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

Startig from 216 Rub. But I'd take A4, Cherry, Genius, HP, Logitech, Lenovo, Microsoft.[/QUOTE]

Andy thank yo ufor the link and the prices. i am at AUCHAN once a week and they have them all there. but they are all black. and i want a white one. there is ONE white one there but it LOOKS so cheap i dont even want to look at it. and what's even more. i know APPLE users have their own opinion of themselves. and think why use for a Bentley cheap Lada accessories?

i am at AUCHAN once a week and they have them all there. but they are all black. and i want a white one.
    What is wrong with pink?
    https://www.ozon.ru/context/detail/i...caAiC-EALw_wcB
    6025197421.jpg

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Hans.KK For This Useful Post:

xp@ (04-12-2020)

Logitech makes great keyboards. Their K760 model is wireless, solar-powered, and made specifically for Macs.

Here's a new one for sale on Avito: https://www.avito.ru/moskva/tovary_d...ocation=107620

[QUOTE=Hans.KK;1496194]What is wrong with pink?

says only for PC...

What is wrong with pink?
    says only for PC...
    You had been giving two links on how to use a PC keyboard on a Mac, so no excuse on not getting a pink keyboard, so we are back to why you discriminate on pink?

But what model is it you got? A1048 or A1243 appears to be the two just around 2007.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Keyboard
    I got a Danish A1048, if you have the same model A1048 you may be able to fix yours with donor parts, or just move all your keytops/covers over, I do not use it so you can have it.
    It looks like this one, very strange design if you ask me:
    s-l400.jpg

But it really looks like any Apple keyboard that use USB or Bluetooth should work on your device, so your options should be wide.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast