littleangels        English Nanny
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Trump gives in. but still insists he did not win because he was cheated out of victory!

On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    Quote Originally Posted by TolkoRaz View Post
    If the SCOTUS had supported or voted in favour of your belief / for Trump, you would not have written the above!
    Well, of course I would have. You make this black or white. But SCOTUS did not even address the issue. They did not make a choice - support or not support either side. They did not vote, they evaded voting.

Do you respect someone who ignores or runs away from a problem? Or a person who confronts a problem? Which type of person would you rather have by your side? SCOTUS took the coward's way out.

SCOTUS1: Problem?
    SCOTUS2: What problem?

SCOTUS1: I don't see no problem!
    SCOTUS2: Me neither! No problem here, just us SCOTUSes...
    "Defund the Social Sciences." - Fantastika, 2020

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TheInterocitor For This Useful Post:

rusmeister (13-12-2020)

Rus, I have no desire to get dragged into lengthy time consuming posts / unconnected conversations about religion, Chesterton or subjects where participants are so blinkered that they immediately and robustly disregard and discount the opposite or an alternative viewpoint. This characteristic is so prevalent in the US of A with their bi-partisan politics.............. as an external observer, I see no hope for such a divided and entrenched society.

In fact, I see more trenches being dug and much deeper!
    That's the problem here, you never reveal where you obtain or what is driving your "observations." Your "authority" for your postings seems to be something like the drive-by media (shoot the target and run away) on the infalammatory and dishonest level of Yahoo!, Euronews, or CNN.

As far as "viewpoints" go, the Left perverts, suppresses or censors "alternative viewpoints."

One side believes in open discussion, the other side delegitimizes and criminalizes the viewpoints of the "other side."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TheInterocitor For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (13-12-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    That's the problem here, you never reveal where you obtain or what is driving your "observations." Your "authority" for your postings seems to be something like the drive-by media (shoot the target and run away) on the infalammatory and dishonest level of Yahoo!, Euronews, or CNN.

As far as "viewpoints" go, the Left perverts, suppresses or censors "alternative viewpoints."

One side believes in open discussion, the other side delegitimizes and criminalizes the viewpoints of the "other side."
    I disagree about what the problem is. I think the problem is that he doesn’t tell us what he thinks to be good, right, and true. As soon as he does that, we can call him on supporting politicians that do not actually believe in any virtues, and so, we have seen only evasion of the central question of what the human good is. If it is submission to Allah, let him say so and be done. A true answer, which Islam allows for ways of avoiding, either by taqiyya or tawriya (and if you don’t know those concepts, I suggest you look them up. But you can only be sure of getting true answers from former Muslims) would explain why the Left, including LGBTQXYZetc, is allied with Islam in public life in the West. There IS no rational explanation outside of deception. (Sahih Bukhari (52:269) They can say we “don’t understand”, but we can judge by the history of Islam, especially that of conquered peoples.

So surprise me. Give me another, good explanation for how on earth a good Muslim could ally himself in political and social union with kafir that practice forbidden sexual acts, or kafir in general (ie, us). And that is what the so-called “Democrats” and the Left have done, and so-called Muslims such as Ihlan Omar united with them.

I was using "authority" to mean an information outlet that I trust. Right now, Newsmax is my authority. Since I can't be there in person to "observe" what is really happening in Boogaboogastan, I rely on Newsmax to tell me. They are my trusted authority. TR and Hans won't reveal where they get their trusted information from.

But that's just surface. Most people don't go into any depth analyzing what is "good" or "bad", they just follow a leader and trust him to make "good decisions."

I was using "authority" to mean an information outlet that I trust. Right now, Newsmax is my authority. Since I can't be there in person to "observe" what is really happening in Boogaboogastan, I rely on Newsmax to tell me. They are my trusted authority. TR and Hans won't reveal where they get their trusted information from.

But that's just surface. Most people don't go into any depth analyzing what is "good" or "bad", they just follow a leader and trust him to make "good decisions."
    Sources of information do matter, of course. But we choose them based on what we ourselves believe and think true. So what you believe is actually more important than what information sources you believe.

“I suspect that most of the very false impressions have come from the careful record of very true facts. They have come from the fatal power of observing the facts without being able to observe the truth. They came from seeing the symbol with the most vivid clarity and being blind to all that it symbolises. It is as if a man who knew no Greek should imagine that he could read a Greek inscription because he took the Greek R for an English P or the Greek long E for an English H.”
    GKC, “What I saw in America” (1922)

I lay out my cards on what I believe because I think the truth can take care of itself. I think a refusal to do so indicates a mistrust or fear of the whole truth of things. That’s why talking about atheism, Christianity or Islam is really more important than talking about Newsmax or CNN.

Quote Originally Posted by rusmeister View Post
    I disagree about what the problem is. I think the problem is that he doesn’t tell us what he thinks to be good, right, and true. As soon as he does that, we can call him on supporting politicians that do not actually believe in any virtues, and so, we have seen only evasion of the central question of what the human good is. If it is submission to Allah, let him say so and be done. A true answer, which Islam allows for ways of avoiding, either by taqiyya or tawriya (and if you don’t know those concepts, I suggest you look them up. But you can only be sure of getting true answers from former Muslims) would explain why the Left, including LGBTQXYZetc, is allied with Islam in public life in the West. There IS no rational explanation outside of deception. (Sahih Bukhari (52:269) They can say we “don’t understand”, but we can judge by the history of Islam, especially that of conquered peoples.

So surprise me. Give me another, good explanation for how on earth a good Muslim could ally himself in political and social union with kafir that practice forbidden sexual acts, or kafir in general (ie, us). And that is what the so-called “Democrats” and the Left have done, and so-called Muslims such as Ihlan Omar united with them.
    Why are you always looping back to Islam when Islam has absolutely nothing to do with the topic!
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TolkoRaz For This Useful Post:

Hans.KK (14-12-2020)

Why are you always looping back to Islam when Islam has absolutely nothing to do with the topic!
    It must be that long beard of yours. I get asked that from time to time because of my long beard. Try shaving.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

TolkoRaz (15-12-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    It must be that long beard of yours. I get asked that from time to time because of my long beard. Try shaving.
    And there was I thinking it had something to do with 'Rus' knowing about my 3 wives and had sight of the photos from my most recent Haj?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TolkoRaz For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (15-12-2020)

The bigots of CAIR and racist, radical Islamists are card-carrying members of the loosely-grouped gang of violent thugs terrorizing American streets. CAIR, La Raza, femi-Nazis, Antifa, BLM, etc.

As far as the Islamist thug Erdogan goes, I don't see anyone in Islam, anywhere, condemning his war crimes in Libya, his invasion of Syria, his threatened genocide of Armenia, and his sending in Islamic terrorists to attack Armenian villages.

Nor do I see anyone in Islam condemning the bombing of Armenian churches and missiles and drones aimed at civilian populations by the psychotic Islamist leader of Azerbaijan, who bizarrely claims that the Christian women and children he bombed were "agents of Hitler".

It most certainly does, when one of the policies of the Democrats is the promotion of Islam by all means, directly and indirectly, you support the Democrats, and you have supported Islam in your posts in the past. Therefore it is relevant, and we should talk about it, not evade the issue.
    The most sensible inference is that you are fine with electoral fraud, as long as it means Islam spreads and the Christians are out. That explains both what you have said, and your evasion of the topic. Unless you’d rather offer a defense that deals with my criticisms...

(Hans and others don't seem to realize that serious Muslims really are intent on jihad, and that some day they too will become a target in a world where Islam has spread to all corners.)

If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

Hans.KK (15-12-2020), TheInterocitor (15-12-2020), TolkoRaz (15-12-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by rusmeister View Post
    It most certainly does, when one of the policies of the Democrats is the promotion of Islam by all means, directly and indirectly, you support the Democrats, and you have supported Islam in your posts in the past. Therefore it is relevant, and we should talk about it, not evade the issue.
    The most sensible inference is that you are fine with electoral fraud, as long as it means Islam spreads and the Christians are out. That explains both what you have said, and your evasion of the topic. Unless you’d rather offer a defense that deals with my criticisms...

(Hans and others don't seem to realize that serious Muslims really are intent on jihad, and that some day they too will become a target in a world where Islam has spread to all corners.)
    What a massive leap in logic!

Firstly, I am not a Republican nor a Democrat, I am not a US of A citizen and I do not support either entrenched party!

If I was a US of A citizen, I would support an Independent who took the best of policies from both entrenched sides!

I do not support Islam, but I do defend Islam and Muslims from rabid posters, trolls and commentators who suggest that all Muslims are bombers dedicated to martyrdom and destroying infidels.

Your inference that 'I am fine with electoral fraud, as long as it means Islam spreads and the Christians are out' is far from sensible - it is totally baseless, fraudulent and a complete misrepresentation of anything I have written (or indeed said).

I am also not sure from where you think that 'Hans and others don't seem to realize that serious Muslims really are intent on jihad, and that some day they too will become a target in a world where Islam has spread to all corners'..............

As far as I am concerned, serious Muslims are good, honest, decent, charitable, peaceful people just as many Christians or Mormons are...............

To suggest, as you do, that 'serious Muslims really are intent on jihad' is just plain ignorance, inflammatory and hateful.............................. I had always understood that you were a true Christian who presumably followed the 10 Commandments, including 'Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself'. ..

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TolkoRaz For This Useful Post:

Armoured (16-12-2020), Hans.KK (16-12-2020)

What a massive leap in logic!

Firstly, I am not a Republican nor a Democrat, I am not a US of A citizen and I do not support either entrenched party!

If I was a US of A citizen, I would support an Independent who took the best of policies from both entrenched sides!

I do not support Islam, but I do defend Islam and Muslims from rabid posters, trolls and commentators who suggest that all Muslims are bombers dedicated to martyrdom and destroying infidels.

Your inference that 'I am fine with electoral fraud, as long as it means Islam spreads and the Christians are out' is far from sensible - it is totally baseless, fraudulent and a complete misrepresentation of anything I have written (or indeed said).

I am also not sure from where you think that 'Hans and others don't seem to realize that serious Muslims really are intent on jihad, and that some day they too will become a target in a world where Islam has spread to all corners'..............

As far as I am concerned, serious Muslims are good, honest, decent, charitable, peaceful people just as many Christians or Mormons are...............

To suggest, as you do, that 'serious Muslims really are intent on jihad' is just plain ignorance, inflammatory and hateful.............................. I had always understood that you were a true Christian who presumably followed the 10 Commandments, including 'Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself'. ..
    You say you defend Islam. You cannot defend Islam unless you know what it is. Going on the assumption that you are speaking what you believe true, there are vital facts about Islam you clearly don’t know.

First of all, I agree with you that most people who identify as Muslim are indeed good, honest, decent, charitable, peaceful people, or at least as much as the rest of us are. I am not speaking about people, but about the teachings of the religion, so appeals to your kind Muslim neighbors are irrelevant to that. It is a fact that anywhere a religion is legal, most people who profess it tend to be nominal believers - believers in name only. This is true everywhere, among Christians, Muslims, Jews, etc. Most people tend to practice their religion only insofar as it agrees with them, they prefer to conform the religion to their own desires, rather than themselves to their religion. This is as true for Orthodox Christians as anyone else. In Russia, at least 70% of the general population has been baptized and wears a cross. Yet only ten percent of that number actually attend church and try to do anything to conform their lives to that religion. The same is generally true for Muslims. This means you can't use the average person as the bellwether for judging the religion, but only the small percent that actually tries to live completely according to that religion. Even the ones who live partially, picking and choosing the teachings that agree with them and ignoring the ones they don’t, are no help. You must look to the ideal. In Christianity, that means the saints, the Apostles, and of course, Christ. In Islam that means the Prophet, who lived the ideal Muslim life, and Muslims are called to imitate him. Do you deny this?

Now, tell me please, what is hateful about that? What am I saying here that is not true?

https://texasnewstoday.com/san-franc...-to-him/85488/

The man behind the renaming of 44 of San Francisco’s schools was influenced by his parents – both prominent members of the Nation of Islam. Jeremiah Jeffries is chairman of the renaming committee and a first grade teacher. (Poor kids, being taught to hate).

Schools named after Herbert Hoover, The Alamo, Daniel Webster, Francis Scott Key, Garfield (not the cat), Thomas Jefferson, John Muir, Thomas Edison, Theodore Roosevelt, Abraham Lincoln, even Democratic Senator Dianne Feinstein, etc., are to be renamed.

The Nation of Islam is racist and anti-Semitic. Malcolm X, the founder of the Nation of Islam, was assassinated when he was enlightened by, and tried to introduce to the sect, the teachings that real Islam welcomes people of all races.

https://texasnewstoday.com/san-franc...-to-him/85488/

The man behind the renaming of 44 of San Francisco’s schools was influenced by his parents – both prominent members of the Nation of Islam. Jeremiah Jeffries is chairman of the renaming committee and a first grade teacher. (Poor kids, being taught to hate).

Schools named after Herbert Hoover, The Alamo, Daniel Webster, Francis Scott Key, Garfield (not the cat), Thomas Jefferson, John Muir, Thomas Edison, Theodore Roosevelt, Abraham Lincoln, even Democratic Senator Dianne Feinstein, etc., are to be renamed.

The Nation of Islam is racist and anti-Semitic. Malcolm X, the founder of the Nation of Islam, was assassinated when he was enlightened by, and tried to introduce to the sect, the teachings that real Islam welcomes people of all races.
    Of course they welcome people of all races. What do you think jihad is about? Why do you think dhimmis ever existed and exist? Welcome is for those that convert voluntarily. Those that won't remain kafir. It's not about race, and people who think Islam is racist are foolish. It's about attitudes toward those who will not accept Islam. Their policy is tolerance and meekness as long as they are in the political minority, and migration is one of the forms of jihad - to attain eventual majorities in the target nations. And again, many, if not most, are nominal believers, and just want a better life. Some would give you the shirt off their backs. But they still submit to, and are used by, the minority that believes in total jihad in all its forms. That minority intends to establish majorities in all of the former nations of Christendom. They are very close to success in states like Michigan and Minnesota.

A would-be defender of the doctrine of Islam can try to deny this, of course, even pointing to the peaceful and tolerant verses of the Koran of Mecca, and ignoring the verses of the Koran of Medina, as well as the example of the Prophet's life, to whom jihad of the sword was a dominant aspect of his later life.
    https://politicalislamawareness.word...ca-and-medina/