littleangels        English Nanny
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: - the bug - already now more restrictions. still more to come?

Quote Originally Posted by nicklcool View Post
    Is your industry any different? Can you honestly say that bureaucrats (the gov't) have done something more efficiently than companies (individuals) in your field?
    No, not really, but in my view the bureaucrats/Government are not there to be efficient so to speak, very simplified, there are there to help and support those that can't take care about them self, it can be for a short time span, or lifetime in other cases.
    And they should try to take care that the big guys do not screw the small guys to much to often.
    But in the field I am in now the government do not do that much if anything at all, but they visit us, had two lady's with me for a walk on the fields, we have a lot of fields, and a lot of water on them too, use your imagination when two not that athletic persons have to run hurdle race on a wet fields with an unlimited number of deep potholes, it was a nice day, but I spend three times as long to walk the fields as I normally do.

I actually worked in the State Government (Higher Ed Admin) for quite some time (6 years), so I am far from uninformed. Yet both my anecdotal experience (and probably YOURS, too) and the stats back up that even with "many" "good apples" the bureaucrats are far more inefficient thhan the private sector.
    It is not that they should be efficient, but we would like them to, it is our money? But when you hear about waste of taxpayers money it always look so clear what you think that should had been done differently? From the other side things looks differently, do not listen to the bureaucrats when they try to explain why the spend money the way they do, they are horribly to explain that, they have so many considerations they must take that it completely kills the message, my experiences is that if they had done differently (not spend that much money) it would had been a small person in a sad situation that had had to sacrifice one way or an other, don't get me wrong. I think many of them should just try to put their act together and take responsibility for their own life, but after I had worked on the bureaucrats side I have to realise that some people just can't, and I do not want them to walk around at have to steal my stuff just to get money, or break into my house to steal food, because that is what they will do if nobody watch out for them, and I am not sure we can get the bureaucrats to build some big housing for these people and lock them up there, so we have to help them and many others, it is not that simple.

I suppose you're saying I will not ever understand the concept of the tyranny of the minority?
    I understand it, from where I am from that is one person in the parliament with that single vote that the government need to get their policy into law, to many stupid laws had been made just to please that single vote. But in general to many minority have way more power than their factual numbers represent.

Hans, what is going on w/ Covid is NOT related to democracy or the will of the people at all (Just start with the lack of votes on this, lack of transparency on the lockdown decisions, and go from there) - What in the world gave you this idea!?
    Had you ever heard about irony and sarcasm? I know that Russian just don't get it when I use it, and there appears to be other that do not get when it is on and when it is off, sorry about that, but I will not change anything regarding this, it works for me to get through a sometimes foolish and stupid everyday, sort of survival.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    May I advise to put all the numbers into excel, and then do some magically gymnastic with all the numbers, and voila...you got the numbers you want, just like a real politician. Or use excel as out bookkeeper do, type in all numbers, then take your abacus and sweat for some hours and type in all the results of your hard work, looks like go to Tula with your samovar to me.
    These are from the CDC, the same numbers US policy is based on. I just screen shot the wrong ones.

It's been said that the flu is not so bad this year because people are wearing mask, washing hands more and socially distancing. When ask why Covid is getting worse the same person will tell you people aren't wearing mask, washing their hand well enough and not socially distancing.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    These are from the CDC, the same numbers US policy is based on. I just screen shot the wrong ones.
    Then screen shot the right figures. You did not provide a link so I can't help you.

It's been said that the flu is not so bad this year because people are wearing mask, washing hands more and socially distancing. When ask why Covid is getting worse the same person will tell you people aren't wearing mask, washing their hand well enough and not socially distancing.
    It is called logic, it can sometimes be difficult to understand, but logical electronic circuits can be even more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    No, not really, but in my view the bureaucrats/Government are not there to be efficient so to speak, very simplified, there are there to help and support those that can't take care about them self, it can be for a short time span, or lifetime in other cases.
    And they should try to take care that the big guys do not screw the small guys to much to often.
    But in the field I am in now the government do not do that much if anything at all, but they visit us, had two lady's with me for a walk on the fields, we have a lot of fields, and a lot of water on them too, use your imagination when two not that athletic persons have to run hurdle race on a wet fields with an unlimited number of deep potholes, it was a nice day, but I spend three times as long to walk the fields as I normally do.

It is not that they should be efficient, but we would like them to, it is our money? But when you hear about waste of taxpayers money it always look so clear what you think that should had been done differently? From the other side things looks differently, do not listen to the bureaucrats when they try to explain why the spend money the way they do, they are horribly to explain that, they have so many considerations they must take that it completely kills the message, my experiences is that if they had done differently (not spend that much money) it would had been a small person in a sad situation that had had to sacrifice one way or an other, don't get me wrong. I think many of them should just try to put their act together and take responsibility for their own life, but after I had worked on the bureaucrats side I have to realise that some people just can't, and I do not want them to walk around at have to steal my stuff just to get money, or break into my house to steal food, because that is what they will do if nobody watch out for them, and I am not sure we can get the bureaucrats to build some big housing for these people and lock them up there, so we have to help them and many others, it is not that simple.

I understand it, from where I am from that is one person in the parliament with that single vote that the government need to get their policy into law, to many stupid laws had been made just to please that single vote. But in general to many minority have way more power than their factual numbers represent.

Had you ever heard about irony and sarcasm? I know that Russian just don't get it when I use it, and there appears to be other that do not get when it is on and when it is off, sorry about that, but I will not change anything regarding this, it works for me to get through a sometimes foolish and stupid everyday, sort of survival.
    The government is there to take care of the "small guy"? Ah, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! Maybe that's what is supposed to happen but I would be very careful not to bend over with a politician behind you. Well unless you are into that kind of thing. After Joe Biden's cabinet picks I can't wait for him to become president! First all news media will die, there will be nothing to write about once Trump is gone. Everything will be rainbows and sunshine, racism will disappear and men who dress up like women will be able to use the toilet of their choice. Oh and corruption and income inquality will go poof! Gone forever! People of the world will finally be united in love and hope and change.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

Hans.KK (01-12-2020), nicklcool (02-12-2020)

On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    so far NO ONE has any numbers how many deaths there would have been had the governments NOT reacted as they did and still do.( i do not keep all the links to things i read. my computer would be overflowing) AUSTRALIAN health authorities were reporting that they never had so few cases of the flu. and they thin the ONLY reason for that is that people there were wearing masks for the -prevention - of Corona. -Zou have the flu-? take two Aspirin.Stay in bed.and let mother in law make you some chicken soup-. That is the attitude most of us have to flu. Shots dont help. this year it is -this strain-. Next year it is a mutation and another strain.And all the vaccine is for the birds. And still, people tend to get their flu shots every year. we heart it landup and landdown ad nauseum on Radio.watch the das on TV. and read about in the media. And despite all that has the flu been eradicated? with all that -mass immunisation -? no. because billions are to be made with it every year.and that is the only thing that counts. will therefore Corona be eradicated? for sure not...one needs 2 shots at the beginning and then every 3 years new ones. far to much money there to let it go.
    Yes, there are some stats for that. There has not been a significant rise in total fatalities. There has been a drop in heart-attack deaths, decrease in pneumonia deaths, a drop in other terminal disease deaths, which all together correspond to the rise in "Coronavirus deaths". I will try to track down the stats later, Google and Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, the media mob, are, of course, immediately censoring any posts referencing this "incorrect" information.

Coronavirus is mostly fatal with those bedridden, who are probably going to pass away within a year, anyway, of some other cause.

This is to ignore the huge rise (in the US, at least) in crime, murders, suicides. In some areas, suicides and murders have doubled, and this is mostly young people, which is tragic. Opioid overdoses are also ignored by Big tech and the media, in their forced march to bring about a Brave New World.
    "Defund the Social Sciences." - Fantastika, 2020

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TheInterocitor For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (02-12-2020)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456