littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: in the new year, somethings to look forward to....

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    A very small ice cave in the Arctic circle
    Posts
    1,642
    Thanked: 692

    in the new year, somethings to look forward to....

    On january 1, the sun will start shining....

    We don't have to hear about Brexit, it will hopefully be closed.

    We don't have to hear about Dotart 2 replacing Dotard 1 as the elections will be over.

    vaccine in Russia will have already commenced mass rollout and so don't have to hear all the daft theories about wear a mask or not etc and anything else related to 'china virus' or red virus' blah blah blah.

    Will be good news, no?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    here,since many years
    Posts
    21,138
    Thanked: 4864
    Will be good news, no?[/QUOTE]


    i am an optimist. for me the glass is always half full, never half empty.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    A very small ice cave in the Arctic circle
    Posts
    1,642
    Thanked: 692
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    Will be good news, no?



    i am an optimist. for me the glass is always half full, never half empty.[/QUOTE]

    Why will your glass always be half full and not full?

    You drink a lot?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    Posts
    3,879
    Thanked: 1393
    Quote Originally Posted by rumple_stilskin View Post
    Why will your glass always be half full and not full?
    Pessimist - "The Glass is half-empty."
    Optimist - "The Glass is half-full."
    "Defund the Social Sciences." - Fantastika, 2020

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to TheInterocitor For This Useful Post:

    Benedikt (27-10-2020)

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    A very small ice cave in the Arctic circle
    Posts
    1,642
    Thanked: 692
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    Pessimist - "The Glass is half-empty."
    Optimist - "The Glass is half-full."
    he said it was always half empty

    you don't appreciate my humour

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    moscow
    Posts
    1,477
    Thanked: 721
    Or, it could be mass famine, as is starting to show in China and because of that,

    A slowdown in the world's economy and,

    No vaccine, as war on anything rarely works quickly, and

    More people lose jobs as ai takes over,

    And people suffer more.

    2021 is going to be way worse. We still kinda remember what the old world felt like and have yet to fully embrace the new world.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    A very small ice cave in the Arctic circle
    Posts
    1,642
    Thanked: 692
    Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    Or, it could be mass famine, as is starting to show in China and because of that,

    A slowdown in the world's economy and,

    No vaccine, as war on anything rarely works quickly, and

    More people lose jobs as ai takes over,

    And people suffer more.

    2021 is going to be way worse. We still kinda remember what the old world felt like and have yet to fully embrace the new world.
    In america it's going to be worse, but in Russia I think all will be fine - subject to a vaccine that works being deployed in December/January.

    I think worse in countries that have high debt levels(both personal and corporate/government). You don't have the options to simply sit at home

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to rumple_stilskin For This Useful Post:

    Uncle Wally (30-10-2020)

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    moscow
    Posts
    1,477
    Thanked: 721
    Quote Originally Posted by rumple_stilskin View Post
    In america it's going to be worse, but in Russia I think all will be fine - subject to a vaccine that works being deployed in December/January.

    I think worse in countries that have high debt levels(both personal and corporate/government). You don't have the options to simply sit at home

    Again, there is no vaccine. A vaccine is a war on something and that rarely works. This covid has become something else entirely now. It's political and aims to shape the new way of governance.

    Here is the state of oregon guidance for the covid vaccine program and the future it envisions.

    https://www.oregon.gov%2Foha%2Fcovid...lan-Oregon.pdf

    All states in the us are writing or have ready submitted their plans to the cdc.

    Russia is dependent on oil exports and as the world's economy slows down, so will russia. There are massive cuts in staff in ong companies now and over the next six months. This, coupled with the general trend towards green energy/electric puts russia into a difficult position.

    Then, u have the general situation where the country simply exports goods for foreign currency and has costs in rubles, so more profit is made the wider the gap gets. There was an interview with a Russian ministry person the other day that was ecastic over the 20 ruble loss this last year to the usd and was basically hoping for more. He termed it "becoming more competitive". I wouldn't be surprised if the ruble was 100 or more in the next six months.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to americaninmoscow For This Useful Post:

    Suuryaa (05-11-2020)

  12. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    moscow
    Posts
    1,477
    Thanked: 721
    Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    Again, there is no vaccine. A vaccine is a war on something and that rarely works. This covid has become something else entirely now. It's political and aims to shape the new way of governance.

    Here is the state of oregon guidance for the covid vaccine program and the future it envisions.

    https://www.oregon.gov%2Foha%2Fcovid...lan-Oregon.pdf

    All states in the us are writing or have ready submitted their plans to the cdc.

    Russia is dependent on oil exports and as the world's economy slows down, so will russia. There are massive cuts in staff in ong companies now and over the next six months. This, coupled with the general trend towards green energy/electric puts russia into a difficult position.

    Then, u have the general situation where the country simply exports goods for foreign currency and has costs in rubles, so more profit is made the wider the gap gets. There was an interview with a Russian ministry person the other day that was ecastic over the 20 ruble loss this last year to the usd and was basically hoping for more. He termed it "becoming more competitive". I wouldn't be surprised if the ruble was 100 or more in the next six months.
    The oregon gov doc is 130x pages, so I'll sum it up.

    Basically, it roughly follows the Russian plan. A series of vaccines over time for select groups and is mandatory. So teachers, doctors, old people, homeless/on state support and those in the employ of the state as well as military and prisoners. Then, students and university students. And now, regular people, but only once a critical population mass has been achieved. Not forced, just not accepted to buy or sell or go on transportation without it, etc. Eventually, 75% target will be hit and population will forget about caring and it becomes mandatory.

    Now, the vaccines continue on a regular basis. At no point in time does the document ever mention an end or becoming immune. Because their is none.

    It's the new normal.

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    ALWAYS in trouble.....
    Posts
    19,275
    Thanked: 6120
    BTW, did the dotard ever build that wall? If so, how many kilometres?

    What percentage of the border is now fenced / walled?
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!


  14. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    A very small ice cave in the Arctic circle
    Posts
    1,642
    Thanked: 692
    Quote Originally Posted by TolkoRaz View Post
    BTW, did the dotard ever build that wall? If so, how many kilometres?

    What percentage of the border is now fenced / walled?
    do you want to include the part that fell down in those calculations? link here
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...co/4618372002/

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rumple_stilskin For This Useful Post:

    TolkoRaz (22-10-2020), Uncle Wally (30-10-2020)

  16. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kashin, Tverskaya obl.
    Posts
    1,912
    Thanked: 685
    Glass half full, or half empty?

    Question should be are you thirsty?
    If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough...

  17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bydand For This Useful Post:

    americaninmoscow (22-10-2020), FatAndy (28-10-2020), TheInterocitor (22-10-2020), Uncle Wally (30-10-2020)

  18. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    here,since many years
    Posts
    21,138
    Thanked: 4864
    Quote Originally Posted by rumple_stilskin View Post
    he said it was always half empty

    you don't appreciate my humour
    wrong, read my post then you see what i wrote. and it is indeed an old but still good proverb.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

    TheInterocitor (27-10-2020)

  20. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    There and back again
    Posts
    21,701
    Thanked: 3341
    Quote Originally Posted by bydand View Post
    Glass half full, or half empty?

    Question should be are you thirsty?
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

  21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

    Benedikt (04-11-2020), bydand (31-10-2020), Uncle Wally (30-10-2020)

  22. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    13,552
    Thanked: 4030
    Quote Originally Posted by bydand View Post
    Glass half full, or half empty?

    Question should be are you thirsty?
    Nobody knows how dry I am.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •