littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: I leave my apartment cleaner than when I had moved in, but the landlord still wanted 5K rub for cleaning

I leave my apartment cleaner than when I had moved in, but the landlord still wanted 5K rub for cleaning

I guess one never knows how a landlord will be. I should have known that he would be like this and left the apartment dirty. Last year, I did the same thing, and the landlord loved it and gave me my whole deposit back.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swampwiz For This Useful Post:

Hans.KK (19-10-2020), Uncle Wally (22-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by swampwiz View Post

I guess one never knows how a landlord will be. I should have known that he would be like this and left the apartment dirty. Last year, I did the same thing, and the landlord loved it and gave me my whole deposit back.
    depends what you call dirty?holes in the walls from picture fittings? stains on floor and carpet? damaged sanitary and kitchen installations? all that a landlord can ask for to be replaced. basically one should return a place the way one received it.deducting for -normal wear and tear over the period of use. therefore it is good to make pictures of everything before moving in. AND when moving out. so there will be no problems a year later... THAT is why one should have a GOOD leasing contract and also READ what is being mentioned there...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....