littleangels        English Nanny
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How your phone tracks you.

Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    What is psd?
    Public Security Bureau............China's equivalent of the FSB
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TolkoRaz For This Useful Post:

americaninmoscow (22-10-2020), Hans.KK (21-10-2020), Uncle Wally (22-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    "Video unavailable" on my computer.... another victim of Google censorship.
    works fine with mine,Friday 23 October,10.15 in the morning... maybe an issue with your settings?
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    Xiaomi, and china in general, is way ahead of america in embracing tech and tech lifestyle. Xiaomi makes great phones that are cheap and powerful.

My xiaomi phone from a few years ago is better than the iphone 10 and the one from last year is better than the 12. And at half the cost.

And has apple even tried to come out with a foldable phone yet? Here is a concept from xiaomi from a long time ago....

https://www.techradar.com/news/the-x...w-teaser-video
    Yes Xiaomi makes some very powerful and cheap phones for the specs they have but iPhone still takes the best photos. It's all in the processing. iPhones had not very good screens until this years iPhone 12 pro max and it's still not as good as Samsung Galaxy screens. I got a Samsung Galaxy A50 at first because it was a good phone for the price and the number one selling phone world wide. It's got a great screen and takes good photos and videos. But I also had to get a phone for my wife. So a month later the Samsung Galaxy A51 came out and I bought that. I got the one with 6G of Ram and 128G of storage. The A50 had only 4G RAM and 64G of storage. 64G is not enough any more, with all the apps you need. So my with got the A50 and I took the A51, it's got a 48 mp camera and can take some great shots in the right light. I also added a SanDisk 128 G U3 A2 memory card. The phone shoots in 4K and one short video takes up 1G! The A51 turned out to be one of the best selling phones in 2020, this is important because that means there are a lot of assessories and should be easy to find new batteries and parts. The other thing is Samsung just started supporting their Galaxy phones for three years and luckily the A51 is one of those. The Galaxy A50 got one update to Android 10, One UI 2.0, my A 51 came with Android 10 and just got the One UI 2.5 update. The A50 is stuck on One UI 2.1. I'm hoping to get 4 years out of the A51 but I think we will have to change the A50 in a year, my wife is very hard on phones. I looked at many phones and studied them for about 5 months before I made my decision. I was looking at Nokia Xiaomi and Redmi. OPPO makes some nice phones too but Samsung A line has the best price per spec and screens plus it's a big company and should be easier to upgrade to a new Samsung. Oh and plus it has Samsung Pay! I don't like Google so I won't use Google Pay. I can highly recommend the Samsung Galaxy A51 for the money I paid 18,100 rubles last January, I paid 12,250 for the Samsung Galaxy A50, which is sold out in Russia now. But if you have the money the Samsung Galaxy A71 is a better phone that is if you don't mind the 6.7 screen, the A51 has a 6.5 screen.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

americaninmoscow (23-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    works fine with mine,Friday 23 October,10.15 in the morning... maybe an issue with your settings?
    It can depend on which country you are in. Many videos from America are blocked in Russia. You can get around that by using a VPN.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    Yes Xiaomi makes some very powerful and cheap phones for the specs they have but iPhone still takes the best photos.
    No, not true, to make a good photo has nothing to do with the camera, it is all down to the photographer.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hans.KK For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (24-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    No, not true, to make a good photo has nothing to do with the camera, it is all down to the photographer.
    Yes that has a lot to do with it but how the camera processes the color light and light is very important in taking pictures. iPhone camera software just processes the picture the best. Video to on an iPhone is very good but the new Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra is a close second. Smart phone photography is much different than say a real camera, the camera app on a smartphone can help you out a bit, it can help you line up shot to show you the best way to place a shot, can change for food, landscape, people etc. I was luck in that my Galaxy A51 got a camera upgrade a few months ago and got almost the same functionality as the S series Samsung phones. Right now I'm just using the auto mode to see what the camera can do. A few days ago I got an update to One UI 2.5 and it did improve the quality of the camera app. Colors seem to be closer to reality and sharpness is a little better.

It can depend on which country you are in. Many videos from America are blocked in Russia. You can get around that by using a VPN.
    i am here in Moscow....VPN is for the birds, for that what i would want one and would be also prepared to pay for it, NOT ONE works. ( for the ORF, the Austrian Broadcasting Corporation). They all work for a few days or so. then they get clever over there. their trackers recognise what it is, and presto, it is back to - for copyright reasons this program, episode, film, whatever, is available in Austria only - . Geotracking even with a VPN) Fair enough,so far I always got my money back with no problem, these guys also seem to know that their service is NOT working everywhere...
    so, i either go to ZDF, the Germans, both counties make many things together.or wait a day or so,and it is on youtube...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (27-10-2020)

Hans it's coming soon.
    I am sorry, I have try a few times to watch this video, but I can't cope with Mr. Musk, I think I am out of sync with him.
    It goes much better with Jordan Peterson and Noam Chomsky, should we keep the blood pressure up at the Conservative guy's out there:

I am sorry, I have try a few times to watch this video, but I can't cope with Mr. Musk, I think I am out of sync with him.
    It goes much better with Jordan Peterson and Noam Chomsky, should we keep the blood pressure up at the Conservative guy's out there:
    Chomsky just did an interview on rt and has a massive santa claus beard. I haven't watched the vid above yet, but how old is it? :b

There is short version, the most interesting part is where they show the pig with brain chip in its head.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12