littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Russian Photographer wins top price with Amur Tiger shot

Russian Photographer wins top price with Amur Tiger shot

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/...napshot-a71750
    good to be in the right place at the right time. wonder though how much time and patience it took to get a shot like that?
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/...napshot-a71750
    good to be in the right place at the right time. wonder though how much time and patience it took to get a shot like that?
    The camera traps are in place for months at a time.
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

Quote Originally Posted by TolkoRaz View Post
    The camera traps are in place for months at a time.
    while i am aware of that, i wonder if they will give such good pictures? maybe it was lust a lucky shot from or for the man? getting a price for pic of the year one would assume that -photo trap shots - would not be allowed?
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    while i am aware of that, i wonder if they will give such good pictures? maybe it was lust a lucky shot from or for the man? getting a price for pic of the year one would assume that -photo trap shots - would not be allowed?
    Camera traps of the type Sergei uses contain normal digital SLRs with motion detection and extended battery life............I use much inferior T40 CamPak which produces excellent photos (and video) day and night.

The art is knowing where to place the camera - in this case, Sergei knew the area and specifically the tree that the Tiger scented and scratched; he had seen the marks left on the tree - it was just a question of time before he captured the winning photo.

But, I do agree, I am not sure that a camera trap photo, however good, should be allowed to be entered in such a competition!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TolkoRaz For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (20-10-2020)

The camera traps being prepared for deployment............

_114896832_sg3.jpg

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TolkoRaz For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (20-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by TolkoRaz View Post
    Camera traps of the type Sergei uses contain normal digital SLRs with motion detection and extended battery life............I use much inferior T40 CamPak which produces excellent photos (and video) day and night.

The art is knowing where to place the camera - in this case, Sergei knew the area and specifically the tree that the Tiger scented and scratched; he had seen the marks left on the tree - it was just a question of time before he captured the winning photo.

But, I do agree, I am not sure that a camera trap photo, however good, should be allowed to be entered in such a competition!
    That's a moot point. On the one hand, this is an automatic snapshot. On the other hand, it is extremely problematic to photograph this huge cat in wildlife in a different way. You can of course not admit such photos to the competition. But here, too, the correct angle has been chosen, as in the photos taken with your own hands. That is, the choice of the angle, the shooting point still remains with the photographer. It was not he himself who pressed the button, but the photographic equipment. And this photo undoubtedly has more value than the standard city photos, which have already set the teeth on edge. Some new reading so rarely appears in them that it is simply not interesting to watch street photos.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SunnyLeslie For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (22-10-2020), TolkoRaz (21-10-2020)