littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: banking reform and money replacement in Russia...

banking reform and money replacement in Russia...

https://news-fancy.com/55107-v-rossi...ormy-full.html

since there is no dae or name of any scribbler in this piece, it could be from God knows when.
    the -new- 200 rubles are still so new, during the last year i have seen them maybe 3 or 4 times. and they should be replaced?
    2000 Rubles, fair enough, there are non yet..
    but i still have 10 Rubles banknotes, apparently they are so scared these days, soon they will be collectors items, special when they are -new-.

i know on FB are every day big stories around, boycott stores and shops that do not accept cash,it is part of -their freedom- and what not ..
    but salaries are paid directly into the bank, and so are utilities, handies, and all shopping. seldom one ahs more cash on hand then for the sunday paper, if they dont steal it, ( Sunday the day of rest in good catholic Austria and Germany, papers are being distributed via stands,and a little cash box on top where one is supposed to drop the money in... everything is found in those boxes BUt money) or the ice cream.

in the EU thy stopped printing and issuing 500 Euro notes ( though if you have some they can be exchanged or changed at every bank indefinitely. shops are NOT forced or can not be forced, to take them, they can and do refuse)

so i wonder where this piece of scribbling came from?
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

I for get the last time I used cash. My wife found a 2000 ruble bill on the ground outside a shop a few months ago and I just put it on my card.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (14-10-2020)

And if a person lives somewhere on the periphery? There, many are bought in the markets for cash. And if most of the bills are not accepted, this is idiocy.

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyLeslie View Post
    And if a person lives somewhere on the periphery? There, many are bought in the markets for cash. And if most of the bills are not accepted, this is idiocy.
    that is why i think most if not all of those stories are just crap and panic making. though i must admit,already during my South African time, many years back, when going to work i had little cash with me. Salary was transferred into the bank, for the most popular stores where i bought things i had their -company card- ( so they could keep an eye on me what i bought and how much the -discount - was i was getting).Petrol,groceries, clothing, even my furniture that i bought on credit, for all payments i used a -company- card. and for the few things that i did not pay by card, i had a bank cheque book... again, that was in Johannesburg, a big city...though -no cash- is not something THAT new...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

Hans.KK (23-10-2020)

There are no remnants of the Soviet Union in South Africa. And in Russia there is. I read a lot about the USSR, it was a very conservative system in conditions of an artificially created deficit. Watch the series "Chernobyl", it is very illustrative, based on real events. Unfortunately, these vestiges still remain, even though 30 years have passed.

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyLeslie View Post
    There are no remnants of the Soviet Union in South Africa. And in Russia there is. I read a lot about the USSR, it was a very conservative system in conditions of an artificially created deficit. Watch the series "Chernobyl", it is very illustrative, based on real events. Unfortunately, these vestiges still remain, even though 30 years have passed.
    the -Soviet Union - was never in South Africa. it was considered the -roii gevaar-, the Red danger. and South Africa was fighting them. it was during my timethere, CCCR fought in Angola, Mozambique and Rhodesia, now Zimbabwe,it was more or less the time when the -white colonists and oppressors - had left or were forced to leave. and the Soviet Union tried to install a CCCP friendly government in those countries. it was of course more complicated than what i write in those two lines, but that was the basic idea. what did it get the local people there? Mugabe and his cronies showed it, for many a year.