littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: now i have enough of this shit...

now i have enough of this shit...

5x i tried to post an article about SPUTNIK V from The Lancet, a very good medial journal from England. and 5x this crap site refused. check out the article, and the link on FB. if you can't find it go to MY site, it is there. here i just get a lot of written crap that even most probably their own IT people dont understand. it is nothing obscene, noting for or against anyone. just an article about what is written up in the Lancet.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    When I try to post "thanks", I get an error in the code of the "...thanks.php" program.

The host (the computer server of the company hosting expat.ru), has perhaps updated their version of PHP and some of the forum software code no longer works. That is, the host is perhaps using PHP version 7, and the forum software is written in PHP version 6.

Or it could be that the forum software (that is a separate program from expat.ru) needs to be updated. I get glitches when trying to upload photos. It's like speaking a foreign language to someone - sometimes they understands (the program works), sometimes they don't. Expat.ru is the website, the forum is "vbulletin" version 4.2.3

Or it could be that whoever is maintaining the website has made too many patches over the years, and now the whole things needs a rewrite.

I had to update a website I wrote in 2010, because there was a new version of PHP and many of the PHP commands (the code) changed, so it did not work well. I hired a Ukrainian at freelancer.com to fix it, for $50. I could do it myself, but he did it in 30 minutes, it would take me 2-3 days!

You can get into the code here from Google "developer tools" that may show where the errors are.

Is anyone else getting this "thanks.PHP" error, pop-up window when you try to post "thanks"?

My complaint about vbulletin is that it logs me out after 5 minutes...I mean seriously, it should give you 30-45 minutes, so you don't lose the literary gems that you have composed...

And another reason to suspect vbulletin is the culprit, the "Restore Auto-Saved Content" command does not work, well, actually, it works a little bit, so it might save 20% of what you wrote.

But if admin is going to update the forum software, please let me know well in advance. Old content gets lost in updates, databases are not properly transferred, and I have not yet downloaded the content I want to save for my book...
    "Defund the Social Sciences." - Fantastika, 2020

On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    Looks like someone is doing a code update right now, but they should be doing the update offline and upload it when it is tested and working...
    "Defund the Social Sciences." - Fantastika, 2020