littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: is that crap starting all over again?

is that crap starting all over again?

no -normal - login.
    have to go to incognito window-. then password,login and all that jazz? what is going on here? a month or so it was all fine. one click and the site was there...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    no -normal - login.
    have to go to incognito window-. then password,login and all that jazz? what is going on here? a month or so it was all fine. one click and the site was there...
    No problem here. When I see this issue I delete all cookies related to this site and empty the cache, and all are fine for a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    No problem here. When I see this issue I delete all cookies related to this site and empty the cache, and all are fine for a time.
    did the same, does not work. again this morning, log in only via incognito window. both here and Moscow Times. All other links that i use, newspapers, youtube, RBC ,TV or radio, no problem.

did the same, does not work. again this morning, log in only via incognito window. both here and Moscow Times. All other links that i use, newspapers, youtube, RBC ,TV or radio, no problem.
    Maybe your device is trying to tell you "I am a Mac, but I rater be a PC", time to change platform?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hans.KK For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (01-11-2020), Uncle Wally (01-11-2020)

On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    Is there an error message?
    "Defund the Social Sciences." - Fantastika, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    i did once more what HANS suggested, deleted all search history, cookies and the likes. though not certain items, saved passwords and the likes. for a second time. went into extensions, nothing to -delete - there restarted my Mac. Login works, though have to login every time i open. -automatic log in- though works . though i click also on -remember me - every time. rest of the sites that i visit work normal, though have to -agree to all cookies - when i was visiting for the first time. lets see how long it will be ok...

additional info

Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    yes, it was that thing - unsafe - , a whole story. then at the bottom- go further - clicking on that, that was then the end of it. i still get the same for the Moscow Times ( attachment) but by clicking -advanced- i can get in in the end. this is only on Expat and MT. SibTimes, also a Russian Newspaper, or any other -saved - sites that i visit, nothing. by the way, i did not and will not, click on to - send info to Google-. they are clever enough themselves if they want to find out something...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Benedikt; 01-11-2020 at 05:30. Reason: additional info

yes, it was that thing - unsafe - , a whole story. then at the bottom- go further - clicking on that, that was then the end of it. i still get the same for the Moscow Times ( attachment) but by clicking -advanced- i can get in in the end. this is only on Expat and MT. SibTimes, also a Russian Newspaper, or any other -saved - sites that i visit, nothing. by the way, i did not and will not, click on to - send info to Google-. they are clever enough themselves if they want to find out something...
    How do you go to MT's site? A link you have saved a long time ago? What about if you type in the URL?

How do you go to MT's site? A link you have saved a long time ago? What about if you type in the URL?
    i made a screenshot from all the bookmarks where i only have to click on and it should and does open. without any log in, again and again - agree to all cookies -. and only MT,Expat and RBC are asking for every time login, or -unsafe - as in the screenshot of the other post. could be also on the other sites should i -logout- that when starting again, iz will eb the same -drama-. i do NOT log out anywhere when finish reading one site. just click o nthe next site, one closes and the new one opens without any questions asked. must be because i use the function -safe login, password and cookies?
    Attached Images Attached Images

i made a screenshot from all the bookmarks where i only have to click on and it should and does open. without any log in, again and again - agree to all cookies -. and only MT,Expat and RBC are asking for every time login, or -unsafe - as in the screenshot of the other post. could be also on the other sites should i -logout- that when starting again, iz will eb the same -drama-. i do NOT log out anywhere when finish reading one site. just click o nthe next site, one closes and the new one opens without any questions asked. must be because i use the function -safe login, password and cookies?
    Try to see what is in these links/bookmarks, right click, choose "edit", see what is there at the URL position, if something like "http://forum.expat.ru/"try to change it to "https://forum.expat.ru/" (remark the s in https).

Try to see what is in these links/bookmarks, right click, choose "edit", see what is there at the URL position, if something like "http://forum.expat.ru/"try to change it to "https://forum.expat.ru/" (remark the s in https).
    did what you suggested. and it did the trick. login just with click on the bookmark bar...thank you. will also look what is on the MT and RBC...

back quickly. no need to change anything on the MT and RBC. opens with one click on the bookmark bar!

I am trying to figure out why I can't upload pictures (photos). When it doesn't work I have to upload them to my website, using the URL option.

To make it more difficult, it's intermittent - the "upload photo" interface does work about 20% of the time.

I think it's because they are using an old version of Vbulletin (built on an older version of the PHP language) and their host is using a PHP compiler that uses a newer version of the PHP language. Sort of like an American trying to understand Cockney accent in London. Sometimes there is understanding, sometimes not. But if VBulletin is pricey, I don't blame them for not updating to the latest versions.
    Last edited by TheInterocitor; 02-11-2020 at 04:41.

site opens as before. on the bookmark bar click on EXPAT, opens... no login,no password, no -unsafe - message.What surprises me though.why do i get all those -help- tips from Hans and not from Admin? they are supposed to know also?

site opens as before. on the bookmark bar click on EXPAT, opens... no login,no password, no -unsafe - message.What surprises me though.why do i get all those -help- tips from Hans and not from Admin? they are supposed to know also?
    Hmmm... Same thing when I worked at the 5-sided building...the people in admin knew less than most of the workers... "What... you want us to use a MOUSE to navigate on the computer? Oh, no, people will never part with their keyboards!"

I don't blame admin, they are not making a lot of money off this site!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TheInterocitor For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (02-11-2020)