littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Travel to Russia - August 2020

Travel to Russia - August 2020

Hi

Has anyone been able to travel to Russia recently with a Tourism/Business visa while being neither a citizen nor a resident of the 3 approved countries (UK, Turkey, Tanzania).

More specifically, I'd like to know whether I can travel to Moscow from Istanbul using my business Visa while not having proof of being resident in Turkey.

How strict are they with the local residency requirement?

Cheers

MG
    "The first half was even, the second half was even worse."

Quote Originally Posted by MoscowGooner View Post
    Hi

Has anyone been able to travel to Russia recently with a Tourism/Business visa while being neither a citizen nor a resident of the 3 approved countries (UK, Turkey, Tanzania).

More specifically, I'd like to know whether I can travel to Moscow from Istanbul using my business Visa while not having proof of being resident in Turkey.

Cheers

MG
    i think since the -requirements - are changing nearly every other day, might it not be better to ask at the Russian Consulate - near you-?
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by MoscowGooner View Post
    Hi

Cheers

MG
    I don't think they will let you in. But, I did hear of an interesting loophole.

It takes 2 months to get Turkish Residency, and then you can enter Russia.

It would be a risky try, but not impossible. Let's not forget that the most the EU and the US are also doing what they can to block Russian citizens as well, so it's a reciprocal thing. I dont blame Russia.