littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: - dont have high hopes- our good Mayor says, - restrictions as they are now will stay for a long time -

- dont have high hopes- our good Mayor says, - restrictions as they are now will stay for a long time -

https://www.rbc.ru/society/05/08/202...om=from_main_3

as long as i am allowed to walk the dog in the park unlimited and not the -100 m away from the building - , so be it. I can live with that.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    https://www.rbc.ru/society/05/08/202...om=from_main_3

as long as i am allowed to walk the dog in the park unlimited and not the -100 m away from the building - , so be it. I can live with that.
    OK.....but doesn't this " i am allowed" phrase bother you in the least? Sure, that can fly in countries like China (and where else?), where the populations have mostly accepted unjust restrictions on their freedoms, but in Russia and the U.S.A.!?
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nicklcool For This Useful Post:

rusmeister (06-08-2020)

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Quote Originally Posted by nicklcool View Post
    OK.....but doesn't this " i am allowed" phrase bother you in the least? Sure, that can fly in countries like China (and where else?), where the populations have mostly accepted unjust restrictions on their freedoms, but in Russia and the U.S.A.!?
    Lockdown was necessary for a few reasons, to stop the spread of the virus, save lives and safeguard healthcare systems. I believe only Sweden went their own way, maybe cos they have faith in their HC system, but so does Norway,they lockdowned.
    It's nothing to do about taking citizens freedoms away, more to do with stopping a total collpase of economies and HC systems.
    Sweden's economy was the least that suffered in Europe, but that did come at a price.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (07-08-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    Lockdown was necessary for a few reasons, to stop the spread of the virus, save lives and safeguard healthcare systems. I believe only Sweden went their own way, maybe cos they have faith in their HC system, but so does Norway,they lockdowned.
    It's nothing to do about taking citizens freedoms away, more to do with stopping a total collpase of economies and HC systems.
    Sweden's economy was the least that suffered in Europe, but that did come at a price.
    I appreciate your response, Judge, but wasn't that opinion only accurate back in, say, May? The death from (not with) COVID numbers don't really back up this position anymore, do they? Especially as expanded testing is showing that a LOT more people had this virus than we thought (previously we were really only testing the symptomatic).

Now the best argument that can probably exist to the idea that CoVid is not as deadly as the models made it out to be (thereby increasing public apathy towards unprecedented liberty-liquidation steps), is that,

HEY MAN, those death numbers (percentages) are only so low BECAUSE of the unprecedented, authoritarian steps our governments took to protect us.
    All I can say to that, is, one, some of those "models" have already been outed for the shoddy science they are, and two, OK, OK, even if we give you those models, isn't that a pretty convenient place to argue from? That CoVid is only so non-desdly and not-a-big-deal because it COULD have been worse had we not (voluntarily) imprisoned you all? 😂🤣

Sorry, Judge, my intent is not to drag you into a CoVid debate (I don't think we're even ALLOWED to do that here in Russia!?), but I appreciate your reply and I'm wondering if there's any other hill to stand on to defend Covid's deadliness except

had we not taken unprecedented action, it would have been unprecedently worse.
    Because the way the world's free populations have responded to these liberty-lampooning measures, rolling over on our backs so easily (OK, I'm referring more to America here, the Russians have/had a genuine expectation of state violence, had they decided to disobey these orders!), like for example the Italians singing from their prison windows, or celebrities wearing masks with pride is....pathetic.
    It's gotten me thinking, did we, the world's free people, deserve freedom from monarchies and Communist bureaucracies? Maybe we were all better off under the king's and queens! I mean, look how easily we've all folded here; it's....pathetic!

Does anyone else out here see the CoVid death numbers and feel incredible pity and disgust for how our governments have manhandled us like this?
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to nicklcool For This Useful Post:

TheInterocitor (07-08-2020)

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Nick said,
    Does anyone else out here see the CoVid death numbers and feel incredible pity and disgust for how our governments have manhandled us like this?
    Two governments come to mind, the UK and USA, both handled the pandemic terribly.
    Leadership was flawed from day one, we can also add Brazil to the list.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:

Remington (07-08-2020)

On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    Whoops, posted in wrong forum-section...please delete me!
    "Defund the Social Sciences." - Fantastika, 2020

one thing is for sure. and i have seen no figures there. no expert - opinion. no comments. how many deaths would there have been had the governments done - nothing -. and treated the bug like the flu..?andy one here wants to offer a guess?
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    Two governments come to mind, the UK and USA, both handled the pandemic terribly.
    Leadership was flawed from day one, we can also add Brazil to the list.
    It would seem our definitions of "handled the pandemic terribly" are very different, and everyone knows that in logic you cannot debate conclusions reasonably without first agreeing on the bases.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    one thing is for sure. and i have seen no figures there. no expert - opinion. no comments. how many deaths would there have been had the governments done - nothing -. and treated the bug like the flu..?andy one here wants to offer a guess?
    That's the very convenient part of the logic we're being presented with.

How does the saying go, you can't prove a negative?? So our governments now say, BUT, BUT, the death rate is so low THANKS TO these extreme thefts of your liberty!

But the only evidence they have "proving" that things could have been worse are the models, at least one of which has since been proven to be quite shoddy, and they're just models, anyway.

And.....SHHH! The illegal restrictions imposed upon free peoples everywhere were just supposed to reduce the infection numbers; the same proportion of people infected would be dying from the virus either way, as the absolute number of infected does not impact the proportion of those who have become infected, who die OF CoVid. 🤔

This is why in any Covid debate you must focus unabashedly on the death rate- how many who were infected with CoVid died from it. Even without pulling out comorbid people who got CoVid and died from it, the death rate is quite low, close enough to any other flu or SARS death rate that you should question the authoritative response to the former but not the latter.

But, anyways, the lines have been drawn in the sand already. This whole situation has done a great job of objectively demonstrating who is осознанные vs. who isn't (what's the best translation of this word; aware, conscious??).

Thanks for the replies, Benedict and Judge!

Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    Whoops, posted in wrong forum-section...please delete me!
    I think they can just delete your post.
    To delete you, will even I, considerate it as overkill, but what do I know?