littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2nd lockdown in Moscow

2nd lockdown in Moscow

Too many recent new stories and events happening suggest second lockdown is coming for Moscow.

But when?

Many reports suggest mid-sept, while others say beginning of oct or even november.

What do the people here think?

What do the people here think?[/QUOTE]

i believe it when it is here. at the moment masks only in public transport, shops and public places. distancing at the supermarket though is adhered to, more or less.... ( Hospitals, Policlinic and the likes...) no masks needed in the streets. on thing is for sure. i do not listen to the -advice- of these many -experts - that are cluttering the media and social media. i am old enough, use my own head, my own self control, my own common sense.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

americaninmoscow (27-07-2020), Hans.KK (27-07-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post

i believe it when it is here. at the moment masks only in public transport, shops and public places. distancing at the supermarket though is adhered to, more or less.... ( Hospitals, Policlinic and the likes...) no masks needed in the streets. on thing is for sure. i do not listen to the -advice- of these many -experts - that are cluttering the media and social media. i am old enough, use my own head, my own self control, my own common sense.[/QUOTE]

So, your position is:

A) people are wearing masks
    B) following social distancing rules
    C) in general, everything is ok

Thanks!

Anyone else?

Just wait, simply wait, it it comes it comes, that's it.
    The authority's will not lockdown unless they have reasons to do so, it is not a winner case to do it.

As for now, I see less and less people wearing mask, more and more people is using the suburban trains, we are almost at normal level now, except that there is not the same numbers of long distance trains as last year at same time, but they are slowly coming back.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hans.KK For This Useful Post:

americaninmoscow (28-07-2020), Benedikt (28-07-2020)

A very small ice cave in the Arctic circle
    trying to predict the strategy 2 months from now is a bit optimistic.

more than 2 weeks into the future is a guess. maybe you could argue more than 1 week is a guess

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rumple_stilskin For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (28-07-2020), Hans.KK (27-07-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by rumple_stilskin View Post
    trying to predict the strategy 2 months from now is a bit optimistic.

more than 2 weeks into the future is a guess. maybe you could argue more than 1 week is a guess
    so, you don't know and have nothing to contribute.

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    Just wait, simply wait, it it comes it comes, that's it.
    The authority's will not lockdown unless they have reasons to do so, it is not a winner case to do it.

As for now, I see less and less people wearing mask, more and more people is using the suburban trains, we are almost at normal level now, except that there is not the same numbers of long distance trains as last year at same time, but they are slowly coming back.
    So, from St. Pete, you are suggesting that life is returning to normal and you don't see reason for a second lockdown.

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    So, from St. Pete, you are suggesting that life is returning to normal and you don't see reason for a second lockdown.
    With the number of infected people at this point in time there is no reason for a 2nd lockdown in Moscow, but if people are starting to do stupid things, like party all night long drunk in huge groups, then things can change fast, the virus can/may also mutate into a new variant and all will repeat itself.
    Most clever approach may be to reduce peoples travelling, more or less force people to stay where they are. If you do not know, that is what they ask people to do in Sweden early on, do not travel more than 2 hours from your home, did it work well?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hans.KK For This Useful Post:

americaninmoscow (28-07-2020), Benedikt (28-07-2020)

from todays, Tuesday, Moscow Times - All schools will be open on 1st of September. Everything possible will be done to keep our children and teachers safe as possible -.

I wrote that for facebook, since i put it up there i did not get even one negative comment. In Austria there are over 75% of the people FOR the masks. And they also seem to understand how to wear them correctly and that one has to discard them after 2 hours. More and more places and - clusters - are emerging. And always there where people were squealing loudest against masks and social distancing. And the -experts-? they seem to have just disappeared....

In the beginning there were so many -Experts – around, each one with a different opinion. And only HIS or HER opinion was right and correct and should be followed. The social Media for sure was no help either. - Quacks- were around,posouning out that only this or that is right or wrong. Would that have been the -dark ages – some of them for sure would and should have been burnt on the stake....Suppose since so many REAL experts and doctors are of the same opinion indifferent countries now the pen pushers and stamp pad protectors are also waking up?
    But an even bigger problem were the people themselves. Believing all that crap the media blasted out day and night. Whatever a government said , ordered or offered, it was more often then not ignored, not done or even worse, sabotaged and actively worked against it.
    - What are you so upset about -?
    - No one dies of Corona alone -?
    - Is it just like flu -?
    - only the old die.Or those with pre-existing conditions-
    - We are all young and healthy-.
    - Don't be fooled -
    - Where are -our fundamental rights - ?
    - We are grown up and do what we want -?
    - All just conspiracy theories -?
    - Do you hear from the experts every day -?
    And now all of a sudden this U-turn?
    Have you finally become convinced it is more then all the above! How many more dead would there have been had not all this measures , never mind they were not very popular, in place? And it is not -only – the old and people with pre conditions succumbing to the virus.
    Was not that, what Mutti Merkel did in Germany - , or Kanzler Kurz in Austria, or the - Communist and ex KGB - Putin in Russia, after all right?
    But who wants to do what you should do in the sun and nice weather? Stay at home, mask and-social distancing -? So governments have thought about the alternatives. Either Riots and mass riots and disturbances,looting and fighting? Or everything in the Parks and beaches,meadows and the sea.. How to hold the lemmings? Or a few hundred more dead? And this time not only the Old...
    Ballermann and Maluf ( two Holliday resorts in Mallorca, the first one well known for the drinking and party excesses in Germany. The other one from the Brits) have shown that people themselves and a few greedy landlords can not be trusted to use their Brain or common sense. SO, they have to be told and now to bear the consequences. All of us by the way because of a few hundred idiots...
    In China, the factories that produce bodybags will continue to work 3 shifts, 7 days a week,365 days a year... There will be no shortage there...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

Hans.KK (28-07-2020)

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Too many recent new stories and events happening suggest second lockdown is coming for Moscow.

But when?

Many reports suggest mid-sept, while others say beginning of oct or even november.

I'd go with " beginning of oct or even november" , since airports aren't fully opened yet. Places that have opened are already considering locking down, in Belgium even talk of another full lockdown.

Regarding St Pete's, I was there for a long weekend, only terrace dinning, so they are still under some sort of lockdown, I think all is to open this week.
    Russia locked down later than most European countries, and skys not opened yet, once they partly open then expect an increase in new cases.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:

americaninmoscow (28-07-2020)

They found the first lock down unconstitutional so it may not happen again. Russia will also have a vaccine out soon so that could stop a lock down too.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    They found the first lock down unconstitutional so it may not happen again. Russia will also have a vaccine out soon so that could stop a lock down too.
    Who found it unconstitutional? A court? Do you have a case number?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to americaninmoscow For This Useful Post:

Hans.KK (28-07-2020)

Who found it unconstitutional? A court? Do you have a case number?
    This is just what I heard that a court found it unconstitutional. It didn't hurt that there were some protest starting either I guess. Sorry no case number.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    This is just what I heard that a court found it unconstitutional. It didn't hurt that there were some protest starting either I guess. Sorry no case number.
    My guess is that there was no court case and it's just a fantasy because:

A) constitutional court cases prob should take a longer time than a few weeks and

B) most regular life stopped in Moscow from march-june.

But this is just my natural skepticism coming out.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to americaninmoscow For This Useful Post:

Hans.KK (28-07-2020)

A very small ice cave in the Arctic circle
    so, you don't know and have nothing to contribute.

thanks!
    actually, I did contribute

Commentating on how valid any opinions on your question will be. Anyone thinking they can say what will happen in 2 months is talking nonsense

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rumple_stilskin For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (29-07-2020), Hans.KK (28-07-2020), Uncle Wally (28-07-2020)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast