littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 11 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 160

Thread: Russia moves to destabilize Belarus

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    moscow
    Posts
    1,462
    Thanked: 708

    Russia moves to destabilize Belarus

    Exciting times!

    Belarus has arrested 10 terrorists with direct ties.to.Russian military intelligence and are hunting for more.

    The plot has been described as a destabilizion one, with the russians attempting to influence the upcoming elections apparently thru bombings and other terror acts.

    But why Belarus? Apparently, Putin has decided it's time for a regime change in a neighboring country.

    Now, lukashenko must decide, charge the men that have been apprehended and create a further strain between Moscow, or charge them and look to the west.

    What will he do?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    13,358
    Thanked: 3897
    The Russian military does not employ terrorists.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

    swampwiz (10-08-2020)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    here,since many years
    Posts
    21,062
    Thanked: 4816
    why would Russia want to destabilise Belarus? Many things that are - sanctioned - for entry to Russia come via Belarus, a win - win game for both sides. Same by the way also with Serbia... Or Turkey, a non EU country.
    Same thing by the way was done with Israel and South Africa during the -heydays- of the regime ( during the time i worked in SA). Special fruits and vegetables, since the season in Europe and South Africa are reversed. Goods were flown in bulk or brought by ship to Israel, repacked and sent to Europe or the USA. - packed in Israel-, and no one cared two hoots that the things were not GROWN in Israel...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

    TolkoRaz (02-08-2020)

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    moscow
    Posts
    1,462
    Thanked: 708
    Oh wow! An unexpected twist in the breaking story of Russian terrorists attempting to destabilize Belarus!!!!

    " Belarus also summoned the ambassador of Ukraine, which has said it will demand the extradition of the men for fighting alongside pro-Russian forces in east Ukraine. The extradition would mark a considerable escalation with Russia."

    If indeed this does go forward, this is massive for the region.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to americaninmoscow For This Useful Post:

    nicklcool (04-08-2020)

  8. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    moscow
    Posts
    1,462
    Thanked: 708
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    why would Russia want to destabilise Belarus? ..
    Putin and lukashenko have been at odds for awhile, as in, at least the last 10 years. There is an election coming up.

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    Posts
    3,765
    Thanked: 1340
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    why would Russia want to destabilise Belarus? Many things that are - sanctioned - for entry to Russia come via Belarus, a win - win game for both sides. Same by the way also with Serbia... Or Turkey, a non EU country.
    Same thing by the way was done with Israel and South Africa during the -heydays- of the regime ( during the time i worked in SA). Special fruits and vegetables, since the season in Europe and South Africa are reversed. Goods were flown in bulk or brought by ship to Israel, repacked and sent to Europe or the USA. - packed in Israel-, and no one cared two hoots that the things were not GROWN in Israel...
    Yeah, makes no sense for Russia to want to "destabilize" Belarus. That would be like US trying to destabilize Canada.

    Is possible these "terrorists" (my country's "liberation soldiers" are your country's "terrorists" ) were on their way to Donbass?

    Lukashenko, too, needs a straw man to knock down so he can cite "national security" as a reason for the population, growing sick and tired of his decades-long authoritarian rule, to re-elect him one more time?
    ("Oh, look, a foreign country is sending terrorists to our beloved Belarus! Vote for me, and I will handle this dangerous situation!")

    More to this story than what the media says, and I don't believe anything the media says.
    "Defund the Social Sciences." - Fantastika, 2020

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    13,358
    Thanked: 3897
    Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    Exciting times!

    Belarus has arrested 10 terrorists with direct ties.to.Russian military intelligence and are hunting for more.

    The plot has been described as a destabilizion one, with the russians attempting to influence the upcoming elections apparently thru bombings and other terror acts.

    But why Belarus? Apparently, Putin has decided it's time for a regime change in a neighboring country.

    Now, lukashenko must decide, charge the men that have been apprehended and create a further strain between Moscow, or charge them and look to the west.

    What will he do?
    The evidence of these Russians wanting to overthrow or destabilize Belarus is that they weren't drinking and kept to themselves while relaxing at a spa.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

  11. #8
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    St. Petersburg, Russia
    Posts
    1,978
    Thanked: 901
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    The evidence of these Russians wanting to overthrow or destabilize Belarus is that they weren't drinking and kept to themselves while relaxing at a spa.
    And they forgot to drive tractor, very important in these times.

  12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hans.KK For This Useful Post:

    Benedikt (02-08-2020), FatAndy (03-08-2020), TolkoRaz (02-08-2020), Uncle Wally (02-08-2020)

  13. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    ALWAYS in trouble.....
    Posts
    19,231
    Thanked: 6081
    Are military contractors not allowed to spend some time at spa whilst recuperating from active serve in Syria or elsewhere?

    Seems very odd and quite ironic to arrest a large group of men for behaving themselves and not drinking!
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!


  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TolkoRaz For This Useful Post:

    TheInterocitor (02-08-2020), Uncle Wally (04-08-2020)

  15. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    moscow
    Posts
    1,462
    Thanked: 708
    Belarus moves to secure border with Russia as tensions continue to rise.

    Lukashenko expected to address nation soon

    https://youtu.be/xnQoymMsN8Y

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to americaninmoscow For This Useful Post:

    nicklcool (04-08-2020)

  17. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kashin, Tverskaya obl.
    Posts
    1,908
    Thanked: 679
    Quote Originally Posted by TolkoRaz View Post
    Are military contractors not allowed to spend some time at spa whilst recuperating from active serve in Syria or elsewhere?

    Seems very odd and quite ironic to arrest a large group of men for behaving themselves and not drinking!
    On their way to Haga Sophia Mosque in Turkey? Why not the gay orgy at Salisbury Cathedral, or see the girls in Pattaya Thailand; couldn't come up with a better cover story?
    If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough...

  18. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    here,since many years
    Posts
    21,062
    Thanked: 4816
    Quote Originally Posted by bydand View Post
    On their way to Haga Sophia Mosque in Turkey? Why not the gay orgy at Salisbury Cathedral, or see the girls in Pattaya Thailand; couldn't come up with a better cover story?


    same as the two guys sightseeing in England, before someone inviting -for tea-?
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

  19. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    ALWAYS in trouble.....
    Posts
    19,231
    Thanked: 6081
    Why would the RF seek to destabilise Belarus and lose a good friend of many years? It is not as if Lukashenko is looking westwards!
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!


  20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TolkoRaz For This Useful Post:

    Benedikt (06-08-2020), Hans.KK (05-08-2020), TheInterocitor (07-08-2020), Uncle Wally (07-08-2020)

  21. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    ALWAYS in trouble.....
    Posts
    19,231
    Thanked: 6081
    And, the RF has armed forces based in Belarus in several locations. These could be used or their bases could be used to mount operations from if that was the Kremlin's intent!
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!


  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TolkoRaz For This Useful Post:

    TheInterocitor (07-08-2020), Uncle Wally (07-08-2020)

  23. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    here,since many years
    Posts
    21,062
    Thanked: 4816
    Quote Originally Posted by TolkoRaz View Post
    And, the RF has armed forces based in Belarus in several locations. These could be used or their bases could be used to mount operations from if that was the Kremlin's intent!
    maybe it was a slow day in the newsroom.? and the - reporters - neededurgend something to do? a denial, that it was all a mistake, such things can then follow a few days later. on page 7 between- sewing machine for sale - and - computer repair-... not the first time. and for sure not the last time.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

    TheInterocitor (07-08-2020)

Page 1 of 11 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •