littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: EU borders closed for Russians until mid August

EU borders closed for Russians until mid August

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/...st-tass-a70996

and what about NON Russian passport holders who live in Russia. Some even longer then Russians? EU makes a **** up - law - once more, that they will interpret in each of their colonies, ah sorry, states, as they seem fit.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/...st-tass-a70996

and what about NON Russian passport holders who live in Russia. Some even longer then Russians? EU makes a **** up - law - once more, that they will interpret in each of their colonies, ah sorry, states, as they seem fit.
    EU passport holders and Russians with permanent resident status in the EU can travel and have been able to the whole time. There have been weekly flights to a number of EU destinations (I know people who flew from Moscow). My feeling is that unless you have to travel it's best to sit tight for a while.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RooRu For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (02-08-2020), Hans.KK (29-07-2020), Max1982 (02-08-2020)

Yes, better to wait IMO. And there is not 100% guarantee that by mid August they will really open the airports for Russians or foreign Russian residents like myself, the situation is dynamic and can change again. A pity but the truth. In fact, in the covid front got a bit better BUT then at least here in Moscow the situation is still unpredictable, for example yesterday they reinforced the obligation for masks and perchatki in shops and even some metro stations. I was got by surprise at Vkusvill, so I left the shop with empty hands because the self service kassa was not working. The mayor decided out of the blue to reinforce it. And the authorities are checking the shops.

Quote Originally Posted by RooRu View Post
    EU passport holders and Russians with permanent resident status in the EU can travel and have been able to the whole time. There have been weekly flights to a number of EU destinations (I know people who flew from Moscow). My feeling is that unless you have to travel it's best to sit tight for a while.
    I know, i could have flown to Austria, but the Austrians would not have let me in because i come from Russia.Or i must bring a certificate that i dont have the bug. they accept German language only. fair enough. need to have it translated here. stamps and more stamps. It is not a question do they let you out from here. But do they let you also in over there. on top of it, on what conditions. does not help me much if i have to sit tight in a hotel for 2 weeks in self isolation. IF the hotel will take me in...-we- will definitely stay at home, go to the dacha over the weekend. NEVER MIND WHICH PLACE IS OPEN OR OFFERS CHEAP VACATION.. WE GOT AWAY WITHOUT THE BUG FOR SO LONG, NO NEED TO GET IT NOW...
    interesting new law, just new the last few days.. if you have NO bug but no certificate you have 2 days to get one in Austria... But if you have the bug and dont know it yet,you might be still ok at the airport on arrival, IF they check there, the bug is only discovered there, when doing the test while still thinking there is nothing. only then you have to stay in self isolation for 2 weeks. but with how many people one might have contact in these 2 days? even there they make -laws - that can be stretched and used like one needs them...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....