littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: ROSKONROL, marinated Shashlik store bought meat, seldom if ever have i seen an -all black-

ROSKONROL, marinated Shashlik store bought meat, seldom if ever have i seen an -all black-

https://roscontrol.com/journal/tests...nka_strakhovka
    anyone who has seen -master and margarita - will understand the phrase - second freshness-. and for sure that is the meat they are using there.
    while the article says, no harm will come to you if and when the meat is well cooked or grilled, i personally do not like tinder dry and rock hard pieces of meat on my shashlik. so for us only one solution. we make the meat ourselves. and one thing is for sure, from an old sheep or big fat porker one can not make good shashlik. so all that mayo, vinegar, lemon juice and the likes to make the meat - soft and tender - is just for the birds...it does not mean lam chops have to be from NZ or the likes. or only pork or beef tenderloin should end up on the grill. if both these variants are cooked - well done - they are also hard and tasteless.a good PORKNECK still makes the best shashlik.
    some years ago i was working with an old butcher who still worked during cccp times.... Monday to Friday,Saturday Sunday day off. and in summer quite regularly the chicken refrigerator quit working. then it was -caucasian Chicken and Shashlik. lots of pepper, chilli and other -hot stuff-. and sold cheaply at the store. or in the employee dining room.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (22-07-2020)

Yes but you have to know how to cook chicken too. If you over cook it it gets chewy. I watch chicken very closely and stop as soon as it all turns white. I get the tenderness I like. For chicken I use Italian salad dressing and marinade over night.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (23-07-2020)

Oh and pork ribs are killer cooked outside.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (23-07-2020)

maybe because i am a Chef things tend to be differently for me. I use different spices, make my own marinades, and meat marinated before grilling does not come into a pan or -mangal-.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (23-07-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    maybe because i am a Chef things tend to be differently for me. I use different spices, make my own marinades, and meat marinated before grilling does not come into a pan or -mangal-.
    Yes there is a big difference between cooking at home and cooking in a professional environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    Yes there is a big difference between cooking at home and cooking in a professional environment.
    indeed there is, but i also use my professional experience at home, special more so, when buying, or not buying products and produce. but i also do not fall anymore for gaudyPR and colorfull advertising. one thing i found out a long time ago. that one big -cheap -xxxl size of whatever is for sure not cheaper then 4 or 5 small packages bought over time, where you are using up everything everytime. and do not ending up throwing away half of it because either -use by - date is now well over, you dont like or want the stuff anymore. and a big though one third empty box( due to technical reasons can not ne filled up completely....) takes up also unnecessary space in your cupboard.And one thing is for sure. on many an occasion it pays in the long run to get well acquainted with the shops around the coroner.