littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Weather Report

On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...

Weather Report

Searching on Bing for the weather (I always check the weather before I go anywhere, because I hate to drive home through a thunderstorm, or hail, or incipient tornado at 3 AM...)

If I search for "weather forecast" "low around", "high near", there are 144,000,000 hits. (temperatures)

But if I search for "weather forecast" "low near", "high around" there are only 53,000 hits

Strange - it is 3000x more popular to say "low around" and "high near" than the reverse...
    Have we reached the ultimate stage of absurdity where some people are held responsible for things that happened before they were born, while other people are not held responsible for what they themselves are doing today?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TheInterocitor For This Useful Post:

rusmeister (30-06-2020)

Don't you have a weather app on your phone? I use Yandex Weather and it has a rain map that will show you exactly where the rain is. Very handy, my wife lives by it.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

xp@ (02-07-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    Don't you have a weather app on your phone? I use Yandex Weather and it has a rain map that will show you exactly where the rain is. Very handy, my wife lives by it.
    i look out at the sky. and know, when the clouds are from THIS way, the weather will stay nice. if they show THAT way it will rain. and there is always the rain and storm warning either from the weather frogs or from МЧС on the handy... by the way, the forecast for Moscow was, 2 says ago on the handy, rain and storm every day till Sunday. 2 days so far, they are correct already. and from the looks now already, not much of a sun tomorrow ... these guys here also are always fairly accurate. https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/ru/moscow
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    i look out at the sky. and know, when the clouds are from THIS way, the weather will stay nice. if they show THAT way it will rain. and there is always the rain and storm warning either from the weather frogs or from МЧС on the handy... by the way, the forecast for Moscow was, 2 says ago on the handy, rain and storm every day till Sunday. 2 days so far, they are correct already. and from the looks now already, not much of a sun tomorrow ... these guys here also are always fairly accurate. https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/ru/moscow
    Yes but Moscow is a big place. Last week while it was flooding in the center we here in the deep south didn't get a drop of rain. Two weeks ago I was in Podolsk and got caught in a terrible rain storm and as the bus got closer to home it was dry as a bone. With the weather app I can see the shape of the storm, exactly which way its moving and how strong it is in different places.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"