littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: finally, one way e visa via internet for 16 days...

finally, one way e visa via internet for 16 days...

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/...in-2021-a70726

suppose better than nothing. but not long enough for 4 days Moscow,10 days river cruise up north.and then 4 days St.Petersburg. That is the time it takes for the average tourist river tour.
    but only from 2021 on. at present, since Russin tourists are banned from entering the EU and most other countries.
    when the season might be opened, September? it is to late and to cold already to go on the -Skandinavian -tours... and how many can afford to go to South Africa,Seychelles or Mauritius.... -Dom 2 - maybe...
    by the way, be carefull when applying NOW for a visa.never mind if the consulate might be working, might be issuing a visa, if it expires for a reason, - they - dont let you in on the other end, the airlines dont fly, your visa and money are gone...( this was on yesterdays TV news.) there on the news they suggested,THIS years vacation,stay in Russia...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

https://www.rbth.com/travel/332380-e...-all-of-russia

The second part of this article also mentions a couple of other proposals that are being worked on. The one for non-Russian family members to be allowed to stay for a year sounds interesting for people arriving here and going through the process of getting their residency sorted. If it makes the statute books, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBear View Post
    https://www.rbth.com/travel/332380-e...-all-of-russia

The second part of this article also mentions a couple of other proposals that are being worked on. The one for non-Russian family members to be allowed to stay for a year sounds interesting for people arriving here and going through the process of getting their residency sorted. If it makes the statute books, of course.
    i think it will. Russia wants new citizens , and without being racist or the likes, more -western, well educated, articulated - ones. i think, these foreigners who are still here by now, will also stay in Russia. Having married, kids,cars, dogs, a house and of course a good job, many have no more desire to go back where they came from. And have these people as -citizens - for sure will be a boost for Russia.I for myself have no more desire to go back to Austria...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

Hans.KK (01-07-2020)

On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    Does Russia still have border closed?

Any idea when I can visit Russia on tourist visa? Finally I have some money and would like to contribute to my favorite dentist's retirement fund, but I need to stay 30 days for process...
    Have we reached the ultimate stage of absurdity where some people are held responsible for things that happened before they were born, while other people are not held responsible for what they themselves are doing today?

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    Does Russia still have border closed?

Any idea when I can visit Russia on tourist visa? Finally I have some money and would like to contribute to my favorite dentist's retirement fund, but I need to stay 30 days for process...
    Yes,still closed, maybe,and that's a big maybe, could open in September.

I see you said about dentist, you could come over now for medical reasons..

i think it will be an even bigger -maybe-. Parts of Austria and Germany are re introducing to wear masks...MELBOURNE is being shut down completely ( a run on toilet paper...).elections here are over, the parade on Red Square as well. and as long as -they - dont let Russians in, wherever that might be, Russia also will not let -them - back in here. Most of the EU and USA is being closed for Russians. Now there is also an -outbreak - of bubonic plague (Black Death, in the Middle Ages....) in China and Mongolia. -They- also found a new swine flu virus in China (Germany closed down many of the big pork slaughter houses. they are all going to China...What control of meat from there?).I would count my blessings be and stay healthy at these times. stay at home and definitely travel nowhere.and make vacation on the Dacha...

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    I see you said about dentist, you could come over now for medical reasons..
    What is it a medical visa?
    Have we reached the ultimate stage of absurdity where some people are held responsible for things that happened before they were born, while other people are not held responsible for what they themselves are doing today?

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Best to get in touch with the Russian embassy in the US.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:

Hans.KK (09-07-2020)

it says for - urgend medical treatment - one would assume a urgendly needed operation or lifesaving treatment. wonder though if a visit to the dentist counts as that...though indeed, it might be a better idea to call the Consulate first.but dont forget. even if you get a visa, is there anything flying in and will - they- ( at the airport...) let you in.

They said (the visa company) that I would need an "invitation from the clinic."

This looks doable. If I can get myself in gear, might be able able to get there before it starts snowing....

They said (the visa company) that I would need an "invitation from the clinic."

This looks doable. If I can get myself in gear, might be able able to get there before it starts snowing....
    be carefull with a visa company. THEY do not give you the visa. it is still the consulate. and if they say a dentist visit is not somethign -urgend - or not on their -list -, your money is gone...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

Hans.KK (09-07-2020)

The dental clinic said they could not send invitation.

But I have not asked my fix-it man yet...