littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Requirement to leave Russia every 6 months for a "ЧАСТНАЯ " visa U.S. Citizens

Requirement to leave Russia every 6 months for a "ЧАСТНАЯ " visa U.S. Citizens

I have a question regarding the requirement to leave Russia every 6 months for a "ЧАСТНАЯ " visa for U.S. Citizens.

My visa is good until 2021, however my current 6 month stay will expire on July 27th, 2020. What are my options for leaving Russia (plane, train or bus) and staying for a day or 2 in a foreign country (without having to quarantine there) before returning to Russia ?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Zayets

Try bus/marshrutka/blablacar from SPb to finiki or from Pskov to Baltics. If already open.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

Thanks Andy,

In addition to transport options, I guess the main factors are if borders will be open (to other countries and also if it'll be possible to return to Russia afterwards). Of course the situation may change before July 27th. Nobody knows for sure if there will be international flights available (for me this means from Moscow to any other country) or if the trains will be running from Moscow to Tallinn, Helsinki or Riga.

Try to contact local УВД, regarding visa stay period extension.
    Or call migration office
    УВМ ГУ МВД России по г. Москве
    15035, г. Москва, ул. Б. Ордынка, д. 16/4, стр. 4
    8 (499) 230-72-53 "Горячая линия"
    77.mvd.ru/ms
    All the world's Kremlin,

Also, if trains "дальнего следования" have resumed service by then, you could take the overnight train to Estonia, either to the border town of Narva or all the way to Tallinn, walk around for the day, and catch the return train to Moscow later that day/evening. If they have not, you could take the train to Ivangorod, Russia, disembark, walk to the border crossing with Estonia, go through border control into, Narva, Estonia, spend the day, return through border control into Russia, then catch the train from Ivangorod to Moscow.
    You must bow down to the almighty bungholio!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rosieredwood For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (26-06-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by rosieredwood View Post
    , then catch the train from Ivangorod to Moscow.
    Only one train now goes from Ivangorod - to SPb, 6 am daily. At least Zaratustra (rasp.yandex.ru) said so.
    All the world's Kremlin,

I am such a USA citizen, and I do a visa run to Narva, taking the bus and staying an night there (I used to simply stay there a few hours and take the next bus back, but the border guards seemed to question me about it).

Of course, the situation is abnormal, and for this to work, the border would need to be open in both directions for general travel. And it looks like since we have an idiot President, COVID cases are well on their way to a 2nd wave, and so the EU is restricting Americans from entering.

And as for the 6-month requirement now, that has been suspended until Sep 15, so you have at least until then that you can stay.

Thanks to everyone for replying to my message.

As I'm a dual citizen (in addition to my US passport I have one from the UK) that would perhaps allow for more options on entry to different countries; I was thinking the likeliest scenario would be for me to fly to Belgrade or Istanbul for a few days and then return to Moscow, however I just saw the post here on Expat from Max1982 that the Russian Govt. just extended the restrictions on foreigners entering Russia until July 31st. Therefore, I think the best thing for me to do is follow the extension of stay until Sept. 15th mentioned in Swampwiz's post.

Does anyone know if I have to go to some Russian Govt. office and apply for this (Sept 15th extension) and get some kind of "Spravka" ?

As I saw there has been a bit of movement regarding foreign air travel and now there are round trip flights from Russia to the UK, Turkey and Tanzania. I would consider flying to Istanbul for a few days (using either my US or UK passport to go through immigration control at Istanbul airport), however I'm not clear if I'd be allowed to return to Russia (On the basis of my current Private ["ЧАСТНАЯ"] visa which is in my US passport). Any replies regarding the current status would be appreciated.

Check with the rules due to Covid-19, the 6 months rule might not apply. I am sure about the business visa's are all extended automatically upto September but no idea about the private visa.